Widgets Magazine

Thread: QuikTrip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    What's up with the re-routing of the sidewalk by the entrance? They afraid it would be too easy for cars to see wallkers if they left it 10 feet back? It cost them more to make it worse.
    I do like that they moved the sidewalk back from the road instead of being on the curb.

But that weird sidewalk stuff by the entrance is strange. It looks like there isnt a slope issue from my very unscientific Google Streetview search. I, too, would be interested to know why they did it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I do like that they moved the sidewalk back from the road instead of being on the curb.

But that weird sidewalk stuff by the entrance is strange. It looks like there isnt a slope issue from my very unscientific Google Streetview search. I, too, would be interested to know why they did it that way.
    Not enough clearance between the curb, power pole, and traffic light pole? But it seems like they could've made it work by jogging it the other way (towards the store) 5 feet or so, then a straight shot on the other side of the poles to the curb. Maybe there's some kind of regulation/statute/store policy that mandates sidewalks be as close to the street as possible at an entrance?

I was wondering about that. But it is also strange that the right sidewalk angles towards the entrance whereas the left is squared off instead of angling away from the entrance. The two approaches are jarringly dissimilar.

Thread Information