Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

With the amount of semi truck traffic this location will get, the north and south bound ramps to I-35 are a bit awkward at 90 degree angles to the access road.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    With the amount of semi truck traffic this location will get, the north and south bound ramps to I-35 are a bit awkward at 90 degree angles to the access road.
    ODOT will plan a complete redesign of these service roads to match their projects in Edmond and Moore/Norman. I’m betting the 2030s it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ODOT will plan a complete redesign of these service roads to match their projects in Edmond and Moore/Norman. I’m betting the 2030s it happens.
    At this rate, that’s about the same time the QuikTrip will be completed as well.

Progress in Moore. The foundation is poured for the eExpress.

Moving fast in Moore (3rd image is of eExpress):

As a big QT fan always get excited when I see Pete has bumped this thread. Hope they start building the one by Frontier City soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    As a big QT fan always get excited when I see Pete has bumped this thread. Hope they start building the one by Frontier City soon.
    Work should be starting at the north site very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Work should be starting at the north site very soon.
    Foundation of the old Dodson Homes was removed last week and a portable construction office was delivered on site.
    Grading and tree clearing about to start!

Blog Entries

QT recently opened their 1,000th store.

https://tulsaworld.com/business/loca...a30aadc00.html

Moving fast in Moore (3rd image is of eExpress):

They're not messing around

Quiktrip made a cameo in the newest episode of Barry on HBO. The show was created by and stars Tulsa native Bill Hader.

Good to see Quiktrip enter the OKC market! This will bring much game and competition to the marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Good to see Quiktrip enter the OKC market! This will bring much game and competition to the marketplace.
    I think the plan is to basically operate these two locations as travel centers. There may be a future travel center in the works in a place like I-40 and Morgan, but my understanding is that QuikTrip has no plans to expand beyond these travel stores right off major interstates. OKC's QuikTrips will look and function a lot like the ones in Little Rock and Jackson, MS, with a few locations sprinkled across the city not Tulsa or Dallas with a location on every corner across the city.

3rd photo is of eExpress:

So, after living in OKC for over 20 years, my wife and I moved to Brunswick Georgia last November. The move had to happen quickly and with inventory so low we decided to rent and get the lay of the land before we purchased anything. The first day we rolled into town at the exit for the house we were renting had a brand spanking new QT with a big OPEN SOON sign. I can't even tell you how happy it made me to see that I'd have a QT right near the house. It's a truck stop/travel center version. It's at the same intersection as a Love's with a Speedco, and two other very large truck stops and about 3 other gas stations. Of course it's always slammed busy but it's the only place I frequent and is a great little piece of "home" for me here in the deep south. We're also rumored to be getting a Buc-ee's a couple of exits north of us on I-95 so that will be very interesting.

Not much happening yet at I-35 & Hefner:

The one off I-35 and 27th in Moore is moving along quite nicely!

My goodness they ain't messing around.

We were in a QT today in Tulsa on 165th E Ave and I44. It was a zoo. Too many people in there and only 2 cashiers.

I was disappointed to see they aren't using the model where the pumps are off to the side so people can get in and out with out having to deal with the traffic from the pumps. Like the new Domino's at 50th and May

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    I was disappointed to see they aren't using the model where the pumps are off to the side so people can get in and out with out having to deal with the traffic from the pumps. Like the new Domino's at 50th and May
    That is a pain. See that at On Cue a lot where you have to dodge all the cars going in or coming out of the pumps. However, QT does entrances on the side with parking on each side so you can get in and out without dealing with the pumps. Looks like this one will be set up the same way.

From the previous plans, looks like truck fuel is in the back. Interesting that they don't have a nice entry like the other three sides. Looks like just a door judging by the lack of raised wall entry in the current construction.

Also, on the left front side of the picture past the gas pumps, there are some red boxes and pipes sticking out of ground. These are not on the proposed pictures that were posted earlier. Are these EV charging slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Also, on the left front side of the picture past the gas pumps, there are some red boxes and pipes sticking out of ground. These are not on the proposed pictures that were posted earlier. Are these EV charging slots?
    No, on the high-res version of that photo I can see they are tanks.

The main tanks are on the north side of that canopy; perhaps these are diesel?

I asked QT about the timing of the Moore location and they said they are targeting February 2024.

I'm hoping that is just them being overly cautious because that seems like an absurd amount of time given where they are now.

I asked QT about the timing of the Moore location and they said they are targeting February 2024.

I'm hoping that is just them being overly cautious because that seems like an absurd amount of time given where they are now.
    Any updates on the Frontier City location?

Thread Information