Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

Just noticed that back in May, QuikTrip bought a former Advance Auto Parts location at 9118 NE 23rd in Midwest City. This is near Douglas Blvd and the Spencer border. Assessor link

Any idea what they might end up doing with this property? I would guess it won't be a travel center (unlike the Moore and I-35/Hefner locations) because it's not near an interstate and 2.5 acres seems kind of small. Seems about the right size for a regular QT store though, although I wonder if they might have plans to put a warehouse/office there or something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cloverstack View Post
    Just noticed that back in May, QuikTrip bought a former Advance Auto Parts location at 9118 NE 23rd in Midwest City. This is near Douglas Blvd and the Spencer border. Assessor link

Any idea what they might end up doing with this property? I would guess it won't be a travel center (unlike the Moore and I-35/Hefner locations) because it's not near an interstate and 2.5 acres seems kind of small. Seems about the right size for a regular QT store though, although I wonder if they might have plans to put a warehouse/office there or something.
    Quik Trip is also expanding into healthcare. They are opening a new chain of urgent care centers.

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/loc...t-care-clinics

https://medwiseuc.com/

I was pretty excited when the news broke a year ago.

No progress has been made. I am over it.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    I was pretty excited when the news broke a year ago.

No progress has been made. I am over it.
    I want my damn taquitos!

They have closed on all the land purchases.

Not sure what is going on at Hefner & I-35 as the demo permit for the office building was filed some time ago but the structure is still standing.

QT clearly is not in any hurry. I suspect they are like OnCue where they have tons of new locations in the pipeline and they only work on a limited amount at one time.

. . . any clues/reasons that On Cue (NW 39th/Portland) is $.70 higher on premium no ethanol gasoline than Casey's (NW 39th/Meridian)?

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    . . . any clues/reasons that On Cue (NW 39th/Portland) is $.70 higher on premium no ethanol gasoline than Casey's (NW 39th/Meridian)?
    Gas prices have been all over the place the last few weeks. The Casey's near us when from $2.84 to $3.04, while the OnCue a mile away remained the same price.

OnCue does use Top Tier gas, I'm not sure if Casey's does, I am assuming that cost a little more, also location, OnCue is right off of I-44, they maybe can command a higher cost for gas at that location?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Gas prices have been all over the place the last few weeks. The Casey's near us when from $2.84 to $3.04, while the OnCue a mile away remained the same price.

OnCue does use Top Tier gas, I'm not sure if Casey's does, I am assuming that cost a little more, also location, OnCue is right off of I-44, they maybe can command a higher cost for gas at that location?
    You are correct….OnCue is Top Tier gas while Casey’s is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    You are correct….OnCue is Top Tier gas while Casey’s is not.
    Thanks!! Knew it was more expensive, but didn't realize it was that much. Guess I'd better pay the piper.

Oncue used to be reasonably competitive on gas prices prior to the run up to $5/gal gas this summer. Not the cheapest, but within the ballpark.

Since then, they've been anywhere from 20-50 cents higher on regular E10. Very disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by bchandler02 View Post
    Oncue used to be reasonably competitive on gas prices prior to the run up to $5/gal gas this summer. Not the cheapest, but within the ballpark.

Since then, they've been anywhere from 20-50 cents higher on regular E10. Very disappointing
    Absolutely they have been elevated and it is disappointing. That being said I do like Phillips 66 gasoline and I remember the Shell stations being even higher than OnCue when they were in abundance around and that gasoline is great, too. I've never really used gas stations that don't advertise what gas they are because you never really know the quality your'e getting and for the longest time OnCue didn't have the 66 logos on them. I think that's because I'm a product of an oil and gas family and that's all my dad ever said. Anyway, I will say that I do appreciate the constant eye-balling of the pumps by the employees there at OnCue for skimmers as I've been told they check the pumps several times per day.

Just this week, QT put plans out to bid for their Moore location, so they should be starting there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just this week, QT put plans out to bid for their Moore location, so they should be starting there soon.
    Dang I hope Hefner isn't too far behind. I wonder why the moore location is further along when it was announced later.

According to Fox 25 both proposed OKC locations(the in Moore and OKC proper) are due to open by 2024:

OKLAHOMA CITY (KOKH) — FOX 25 has gotten updates on two QuikTrip locations coming to the Oklahoma City metro.

Aisha Jefferson-Smith, QuikTrip’s corporate communications manager, said a location in Moore on the southwest corner of 27th and I-35 has a bid out for construction.

The chain hopes construction begins in late January with an opening tenatively slated for February 2024.

The planned location at I-35 and Hefner Road in Oklahoma City is expected to go out for bid in February with construction scheduled to begin in April, Jefferson-Smith said.

The location is expected to be open for business in May 2024.
    https://okcfox.com/news/local/quiktr...2023-and-2024#

There's more demo work on the Moore site than I expected, what was in the building besides the restaurant.

Is there another gas station going in on the north side of the road?

Bids at the end of the month so construction should start around the end of January.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QT Moore.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	17767

QT finally put their I-35/Hefner location out for construction bids, so we should see work start there in a few months.

QT finally put their I-35/Hefner location out for construction bids, so we should see work start there in a few months.
    Has the construction started on the Moore QT?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Has the construction started on the Moore QT?
    According to their twitter, yes:

https://twitter.com/QuikTrip/status/...089817101?s=20

Is that E-express also gonna be a gas station? I dont think ive heard of them before?

Edit: Wait im pretty sure it is I can see the buried gas tanks. Hmm brave company putting in right across from future QT

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Is that E-express also gonna be a gas station? I dont think ive heard of them before?

Edit: Wait im pretty sure it is I can see the buried gas tanks. Hmm brave company putting in right across from future QT
    Yes, they have a few operations in town and are quite nice, with several food operators inside.

This particular location will be a travel center as well, so there will be big competition between it and QuikTrip as well as a newly-renovated Casey's on the NE corner.

Yes, they have a few operations in town and are quite nice, with several food operators inside.

This particular location will be a travel center as well, so there will be big competition between it and QuikTrip as well as a newly-renovated Casey's on the NE corner.
    Interesting, if this were Tulsa that would be a death wish. But QT is new to most OKC folks (if theyre not from Tulsa or Dallas) and i wonder how folks will receive them. I remember when i first moved to OKC i missed the reliability and cleanliness of QT but now OnCue and 7/11 have caught up. I wish they were as fast as QT tho

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    Interesting, if this were Tulsa that would be a death wish. But QT is new to most OKC folks (if theyre not from Tulsa or Dallas) and i wonder how folks will receive them. I remember when i first moved to OKC i missed the reliability and cleanliness of QT but now OnCue and 7/11 have caught up. I wish they were as fast as QT tho
    Lots of people in OKC are quite familiar with QT's and seem overall excited that they are entering the OKC market. OnCue and QT are so similar and feel they both are on even footing!

Yesterday, they finally demolished the building at the Hefner & I-35 site (SW corner).

Work should be starting here soon.

Thread Information