Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

1. Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    BTW, assuming the councilwoman is referring to NW 27th/I-35, does she mean the NW Corner? The SW corner is occupied, there is vacant land on NE,NW, and SE corner but the southeast corner looks too small.
    I'm assuming it will go where the Real Estate School was.... The NW corner has had a sign up for about a year now that an E-Express is going there.

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I'm assuming it will go where the Real Estate School was.... The NW corner has had a sign up for about a year now that an E-Express is going there.
    Is that lot big enough? I guess it could work better if they also acquired the dealership lot as well fronting the service road.

Is that lot big enough? I guess it could work better if they also acquired the dealership lot as well fronting the service road.
    They are probably acquiring more than just the school on that corner. And remember, their site at Hefner and I-35 will involve demolishing a very nice and relatively new showroom for a home builder.

As I've said elsewhere, these big c-stores must have very high margins because they are all spending a ton of money, not just on their stores but on real estate. OnCue has spent similarly on several sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are probably acquiring more than just the school on that corner. And remember, their site at Hefner and I-35 will involve demolishing a very nice and relatively new showroom for a home builder.

As I've said elsewhere, these big c-stores must have very high margins because they are all spending a ton of money, not just on their stores but on real estate. OnCue has spent similarly on several sites.
    Wow I didn’t know they were going to demo that new showroom. I thought they’d build around it.

Wow I didn’t know they were going to demo that new showroom. I thought they’d build around it.
    You can see on the plans I've posted that that showroom is located on the site they plan to develop at I-35 and Hefner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Just saw a tweet that Quick Trip is coming to Moore. SW corner 27th & I-35Attachment 17265
    so the QT explosion begins in OKC!

This discussion is about a gas station?

9. Default Re: QuikTrip

But if we get enough of them we might be accepted by people who live in Tulsa

LOL We could only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    This discussion is about a gas station?
    Yes?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_19dd.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	280.0 KB 
ID:	17274

Pete posted in another related thread that these companies must just rake in a killing given all the expanding they're doing. Someone in one of the airplane groups I follow on FB posted this photo of QT's huge private jet.

^

Every year, QT charters a plane and flies its best employees (how that is determined I do not know) to Hawaii.

They wrap the plan in QT designs but it's a charter, not a private plane.

^

Every year, QT charters a plane and flies its best employees (how that is determined I do not know) to Hawaii.

I have to say, when I saw this photo come up I immediately thought of that comment you made and was like, holy cow! LOL

^

you can get on that trip is several different ways

great customer service (via a secret shopper check) for normal employees ..

store $ sales (for the store manager / ast managers)

and some other metrics for non rev employees ..

QT closed on the land purchase at Hefner & I-35. Total price was $3.75 million.

Surveyor was on site today.

The next steps will be the demo of the existing building (pictured below) and filing of their building permit application.

17. Default Re: QuikTrip

too bad they couldn't save the building and build nearby.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

18. Default Re: QuikTrip

The next steps will be the demo of the existing building (pictured below) and filing of their building permit application.

Wow, that doesn't look like a very old building at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Wow, that doesn't look like a very old building at all.
    Assessor's page says it was built in 2010. HOT ROD, there's no reason to save it - it's not historical, it's not architecturally significant, it's just a standard office building that's 10 years old.

Tearing down a really nice building for a gas station

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Tearing down a really nice building for a gas station
    That will probably generate many times over the revenue (in taxes) that the current building does and Dodson can just rebuild that same exact building anywhere else.

Moore QT update:

“ QuikTrip

It’s looking more likely that The City of Moore will be getting a QuikTrip south of NW 27th street and just west of I-35.

But, first, significant infrastructure changes will be required by the City to relieve existing traffic issues in the area and provide enough roadway for large trucks to safely enter and exit the truck stop.”

Read more here: https://freepressokc.com/more-hairy-...ggie-day-care/

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That will probably generate many times over the revenue (in taxes) that the current building does and Dodson can just rebuild that same exact building anywhere else.
    Was this building even in use? Is Dodson even building houses anymore. Their website and social media doesn’t seem to exist amymore

Article in the Moore Monthly talks about the new QT.
    https://issuu.com/mooremonthly/docs/...2_-_issuu/1?ff
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-03 115820.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	17330

QT just filed for their building permit application for the location at Hefner and I-35.

Work should be starting soon.

Thread Information