Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Do you know if QT has a timeline for opening the Hefner location?
    No, but they have already filed a re-zoning application and have drawn plans.

My best bet would be mid-2022.

2. Default Re: QuikTrip

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    What a bunch of wackos for supporting a well run company headquartered in their community. Total insanity.

I get that some people like OnCue better, but to be fair, they really ripped their model off of QT. But maybe they're doing it better now in some people's opinion.
    and it could be argued that QT ripped off 7-11 or at least developed their business model off the OKC owner; hence the gentleman's agreement.

That's competition - you get ideas often times from your peers and try to beat them at it.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

3. Default Re: QuikTrip

I'm actually glad that QT will bring the large scale application to OKC - to better compete with existing competitors.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Hmmm, a travel center in Norman also. It would appear the rumor of a Bucees location in Norman is not a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The average person uses a place like OnCue or QT more than any other business.
    Yep. I go to Kum and Go every single day that I work. I have a long drive so I am either stopping to fill up before my drive, or grabbing a soda for the road. Or both. I am very picky about convenience stores. I avoid the mid 90's gas station with a clerk behind bulletproof glass who is grumpy. Any clean, friendly spacious store gets my business 10 times out of 10.

^

One guy took time out of his day to make this brilliant comment:

Ummmm
    Tulsa based…OKC Location ? lmfao
    How does that work exactly

7. Default Re: QuikTrip

^

One guy took time out of his day to make this brilliant comment:
    You're going to love the comment I dropped on the DashMart post on FB complaining about the parking...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    You're going to love the comment I dropped on the DashMart post on FB complaining about the parking...
    well played sir. well played... i just saw that comment and then came on over here. hahaha

Heard a rumor that QT is going to take over the Circle K at the NW corner of 63 rd and Broadway Extension, and perhaps other Circle Ks that Casey’s didn’t take. Has anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by BB37 View Post
    Heard a rumor that QT is going to take over the Circle K at the NW corner of 63 rd and Broadway Extension, and perhaps other Circle Ks that Casey’s didn’t take. Has anyone else heard this?
    I don't think that is going to happen.

There have been sign permits for the old Circle K on the NE corner of NW 63rd & Broadway. The name will be "Good Stop".

Also, QT told the Oklahoman they would only do travel centers on interstates in the OKC area. I've seen the QT immediate expansion plans and they only show the Hefner/I-35 location as well as one somewhere in Norman along I-35.

I can see QT putting a travel center at I-35 and hwy 9 long before Buc-ee's does.

12. Default Re: QuikTrip

There have been sign permits for the old Circle K on the NE corner of NW 63rd & Broadway. The name will be "Good Stop".
    Good Stop is what the Circle K at 27th and I35 in Moore has been changed to also.... Noticed the new signage last night.

QT Travel Centers allow trucks and have truck parking and diesel. Buc-ee's has none of those things. There is a difference so maybe they will co-exist in the Norman area.

Quote Originally Posted by etsuco05 View Post
    QT Travel Centers allow trucks and have truck parking and diesel. Buc-ee's has none of those things. There is a difference so maybe they will co-exist in the Norman area.
    They are literally across the street in the FtWorth location. And within a mile of each other in several other locations.

This is the southwest corner of Hefner and I-35 where the QT is being planned.

It would extend south roughly to the northern edge of that older convenience store and would involve demolishing the Dodson Custom Homes building with the white roof in the center of the photo.

There is a good-sized creek that runs at the western boundary.

Oddly, there is no way to get on I-35 north from here. In fact, you can't even get on after traveling on the east service road up to 122nd. The only way to get back on I-35 north is to go all the way south to Britton. It seems it would be easy to add an on-ramp from the east service road to I-35 just north of Hefner; don't know if that is being planned.

Oddly, there is no way to get on I-35 north from here. In fact, you can't even get on after traveling on the east service road up to 122nd. The only way to get back on I-35 north is to go all the way south to Britton. It seems it would be easy to add an on-ramp from the east service road to I-35 just north of Hefner; don't know if that is being planned.

]
    pete you can see the north on ramp in your picture .... you turn south on the I35 access road and then turn right to head north ...

all of the on/off ramps are on the south side of Hefner ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    pete you can see the north on ramp in your picture .... you turn south on the I35 access road and then turn right to head north ...

all of the on/off ramps are on the south side of Hefner ..
    Ah, that's a weird setup and I completely missed it.

Ah, that's a weird setup and I completely missed it.
    it is for sure .... my parents live off that exit .. so i have taken it a bunch ..

122nd a mile north has the same set up ..

QT is planning a tall, electronic sign for this site:

Pete,
    I lived there too, and a third entrance to Northbound I-35 is at 122nd and Sooner road. The advantage to the 122nd entrance is that you have access to the turnpikes and if you take the Sooner road, it enters I-35 past the turnpike entrances.
    C. T.

i don't think QT should come to OKC, we have too many stores as it is..Tulsa has two...QT and Cum And Go. Oncue should be interring
    the Tulsa market instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    i don't think QT should come to OKC, we have too many stores as it is..Tulsa has two...QT and Cum And Go. Oncue should be interring
    the Tulsa market instead.
    They are bringing a travel center. They are not going to "invade" the city putting QTs on every corner like 7-11 or OnCue. This is a totally different.

In addition to the one at Hefner & I-35, I know they are planning another near Norman.

I suspect we'll see more; one in the Yukon area and another out east near Midwest City.

BTW, was just told that they were drilling for core samples at Hefner and I-35 today.

Looks like they are moving fast.

I hear that Quik Trip is buying land at I-35 and NW 27th (SW/C) in Moore. Sorry if this has been mentioned previously.

Thread Information