Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip

Default Re: QuikTrip

OnCue > QT

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    OnCue > QT
    I wouldn't agree that it's in all ways superior, especially the logo: the OnCue logo is awful.

I know Tulsans like their QT but everytime I've been in one they feel dirty and outdated. Maybe I've only been in older ones though

Quote Originally Posted by dhpersonal View Post
    I wouldn't agree that it's in all ways superior, especially the logo: the OnCue logo is awful.
    That's why I pick a gas station or travel stop jkjk! Just giving you a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    I know Tulsans like their QT but everytime I've been in one they feel dirty and outdated. Maybe I've only been in older ones though
    QuikTrip has been one of the nicest gas station chains I've visited with a consistently high employee quality. The ones I've been to have mostly been recently remodeled with the bigger drink selection or the grill attached, and they've been impressive. There was one in Texas that I visited that wasn't a positive experience and it was so jarring that I have remembered it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    That's why I pick a gas station or travel stop jkjk! Just giving you a hard time.
    My existence isn't always miserable, but when it comes to pickiness about design, I'm living one of the worst lives.

I don't think I'm the typical gas station customer considering what I see here and in person but...I can count how many times I've gone inside a gas station for anything but the bathroom in the last ten years on two hands. All I care about is the quality of non-ethanol gasoline, which OnCue has the best of besides specialty stations in the Metro.

I was surprised to see a QT in Atlanta as I has thought of them as a small OK-TX chain so I went and looked. They have over 1000 locations in 17 states.

8. Default Re: QuikTrip

Yeah they were all over Wichita (and the rest of Kansas) when I was growing up there in the seventies and early-mid eighties. Up there it was basically QT vs KwikShop, which was a pretty sizeable chain started and owned by Wichita-based Dillons grocery stores.

Y'all seem to care deeply about the frills at the place we put gas in cars.

I just want a place with cheap gas where I won't get robbed. The bar is not high with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

I just want a place with cheap gas where I won't get robbed. The bar is not high with me.
    I just want good coffee which On Cue offers and much cheaper than starbucks. The ice tea game is pretty strong as well (at both On Cue and QT)

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post

QT really pushed the modern convenience store design and layout concept, including massively improving their safety. Not as novel today with all the clones like OnCue and KwikStop, but the pushed the industry away from scuzzy Texico with one employee working at a time.

QT is telling me 'February' for opening the Moore location.

Also, I believe the reason for the funny layout of the sidewalk along the frontage road is to comply with ADA requirements. You can't have a crossing on much of a slope, and they probably moved it to the east due to flatter ground.

What sticks out to me in the last drone shot, is that the main entrance on either side is still a single door. This creates a bottleneck when you don't know who is coming and going. Anyone who has been at a Gen 3 QT store at peak morning drive or evening rush time knows what I am talking about.

Other than the truck pumps in the back, is there anything that sets this a part as a "Travel Stop" compared to the regular corner store QT's?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    What sticks out to me in the last drone shot, is that the main entrance on either side is still a single door. This creates a bottleneck when you don't know who is coming and going. Anyone who has been at a Gen 3 QT store at peak morning drive or evening rush time knows what I am talking about.

Other than the truck pumps in the back, is there anything that sets this a part as a "Travel Stop" compared to the regular corner store QT's?
    There are four entrance doors, the two you see in the photo, which are on each side of the main counter, and then one more at the end on each side.

I've been in a Gen 3 travel stop and I didn't notice it was much larger on the inside. They are big stores to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

I think they tend to be slightly bigger and slightly bigger random car stuff sections.

This is the eExpress across from the QuikTrip in Moore. Looks like QT is going to open first.

^ Turning left out of there is going to be a mess.

Interesting they didn't lay out the eExpress to face the highway like QT did. Sits way back and when all the semis are at the pumps....won't be able to see store. Wonder if the bill board stays also.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    ^ Turning left out of there is going to be a mess.
    Surely there will be an exit onto the service road to facilitate right turns?? Right??

Then again, even if they do, there will always be "that guy" who will try to turn left and jam up the flow. What

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    Surely there will be an exit onto the service road to facilitate right turns?? Right??

Then again, even if they do, there will always be "that guy" who will try to turn left and jam up the flow. What
    It used to be easy to access I35 South from this intersection. Now they have moved the on ramp like a mile south to get on. It is all service road so not bad but still a distance before merging on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    It used to be easy to access I35 South from this intersection. Now they have moved the on ramp like a mile south to get on. It is all service road so not bad but still a distance before merging on.
    it looks like the quick trip has exits onto north moore avenue. one could turn right on that and then make a left onto shields to quickly access southbound i-35. i hope no semi's try that route, though, as it would be fairly tricky to cross traffic there with a trailer.

It's interesting that QT has been paved with a mixture of asphalt and concrete.

Maybe the swaths of asphalt allow easier future access to the underground tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the eExpress across from the QuikTrip in Moore. Looks like QT is going to open first.
    that is interesting .. because eExpress had quite a head start ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's interesting that QT has been paved with a mixture of asphalt and concrete.

Maybe the swaths of asphalt allow easier future access to the underground tanks?
    I figure it has to do with cost. Asphalt is cheaper than concrete. They used concrete where it is likely to come into contact with petroleum products since they can degrade asphalt (around the pumps and the parking immediately next to the building). [I think that's why auto-parts stores pretty much always have concrete parking lots - they assume people coming there would have issues with their cars and drip fluids]

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I figure it has to do with cost. Asphalt is cheaper than concrete. They used concrete where it is likely to come into contact with petroleum products since they can degrade asphalt (around the pumps and the parking immediately next to the building). [I think that's why auto-parts stores pretty much always have concrete parking lots - they assume people coming there would have issues with their cars and drip fluids]
    Sure, but when they mix the two together it looks terrible. At least make the whole front half concrete. It really makes Oncue look superior, who has a store down the road with the whole parking lot concrete. I think most new gas stations being built use all concrete its a necessary expense when dealing with petroleum products like you said.

Thread Information