Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City + State

Auto Alley City + State

Stunning City + State ready to open

City + State, a stunning 2-level restaurant and bar, will open to the public on Thursday.

The new venture is located at 16 NE 6th in Automobile Alley, directly east of Parlor food hall.

The space is vast, with a large dining room on the ground level, with an expansive bar and back patio. Upstairs is more dining space, another large bar and a rooftop deck with skyline views.

Default Re: City + State

This is the abbreviated menu from last night's soft open:

Mmm... Picjled serrano's.

Blog Entries

Some of the furniture seems like the same stuff that's in Parlor

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Some of the furniture seems like the same stuff that's in Parlor
    The whole thing looks like the Parlor, imo
    And that's not necessarily a bad thing

They confirmed on Facebook they will be opening this Thursday.

It's gorgeous in person... Up there with the Jones Assembly for beauty.

7. Default Re: City + State

Enjoyed dinner there tonight by accident - was doing my Thunder ticket draft with partners at Parlor and was run off by the noise of a boisterous and huge manufactured-for-Instagram birthday party - and wandered in thinking there would be no way we could get a seat. Fortunately we were mistaken and immediately seated. It was fantastic, and Pete’s right about the level of finish. Also was surprisingly reasonable, in my opinion.

^^^
    I had my Thunder ticket draft at Parlor today. Haha. Great minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Enjoyed dinner there tonight by accident - was doing my Thunder ticket draft with partners at Parlor and was run off by the noise of a boisterous and huge manufactured-for-Instagram birthday party - and wandered in thinking there would be no way we could get a seat. Fortunately we were mistaken and immediately seated. It was fantastic, and Pete’s right about the level of finish. Also was surprisingly reasonable, in my opinion.
    What did you all get? We went on Friday, and while the buildout and scale is very impressive the food we got overall wasn't our favorite (philly cheesesteak eggrolls, wedge salad (this was our favorite), state burger/fries and grilled carrots). We'll give it another shot after they get more settled in, but I won't be rushing back for food there. It was pretty reasonable, however, it was less than $100 for the food and 3 drinks.

Looks incredible but hopefully the menu evolves. Kinda weird. If I were to go I would probably give the eggplant dish a try.

Went on Friday and would agree with much of what has been said. The place looks incredible. We sat on the upstairs patio, which as I think was suggested above does have one of the best views of the skyline in town. The upstairs bar wasn't open yet, but I suspect it will be raging before long. The food was good to very good - but fell short of great. Also, it took 1.5 hours to get our food from the time we ordered it and was almost a 3 hour dinner. Will chalk it up to first week issues but will probably wait a couple months to go back. We weren't in any hurry so we didn't mind, and they brought us three extra appetizers to pass the time (we didn't ask for them - had a bit of a soft open vibe where they would say "Hey, we've got _____ here, would you all like to try it?"). They had one waiter for the entire upstairs patio and I guess she also had multiple tables inside the restaurant - so I suspect they're being hit with the same staffing issues facing everyone else right now. Also agree on the prices - very solid. And the wine list seems especially well-priced - pretty much a 100% mark up over retail on all the bottles I knew, rather than the typical 200%+ mark up. Not sure if that's great business, but I'll take it.

^

They delayed their opening specifically due to staffing shortages.

Here's the food menu from Friday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	17129

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Here's the food menu from Friday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Menu.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	17129
    This looks a lot better.

If you guys like how it was decorated, it's to my understanding that the person who runs "Thrown Design & Wine" headed that up.

Very nice space but the food was average to poor. Charcuterie board was good. Friendly but very slow service.

Will go back for a drink at the bar but won't eat until they get their feet set.

I've been here twice. The space is fantastic--great design, great atmosphere. The food, however, is extremely underwhelming and I definitely think they will need to make changes. They have some really great specialty cocktails and nice bartenders, so if they could get the food quality to match the drinks and space quality, it would be a homerun.

Checked this place out at GF's request despite my grumblings about paying $18 for a cheeseburger and it was a fantastic experience.
    Mac and cheese was probably the best I have ever had and the space itself is beautiful, took some pictures of the upstairs to give myself redecorating ideas- highly recommend.

Blog Entries

My experience was less than fantastic, but I won't drag here until I have more data.

Ah really? That's a bummer, I was wondering why there doesn't seem to be any buzz around it. Most of my friend group hadn't even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Ah really? That's a bummer, I was wondering why there doesn't seem to be any buzz around it. Most of my friend group hadn't even heard of it.
    Consensus here is that the decore/ambiance(?) was first, and food was an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Consensus here is that the decore/ambiance(?) was first, and food was an afterthought.
    I went for brunch. The food was fine. I will say that these days, Oklahoma Citians' palettes are definitely taking a step forward after close to a decade of more and more elevated dining. There are going to be a lot of places that open over the next decade that we would have killed for 15 years ago but kind of see as ho-hum these days.

Would you recommend this place for someone from out of state getting dinner downtown this week looking for a cool vibe/rooftop? I know there are a few options.

Can anyone vouch for the food at this place, or is it all about IG moments?

Thread Information