Widgets Magazine

Thread: Windshield Inside Film

1. Default Windshield Inside Film

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to clean the inside of your car windshield? It seems like no matter how much windex or whatever I use, that gook that ends up on the inside, just smears around and never fully gets cleared off. Right now, it's a bit of a hazard because the sun hits it just the right way in the morning to make it almost impossible to see clearly as that haze diffuses the light.

I swear i've used half a bottle of windex and half a roll of paper towels before and it still didn't really get it non-streaky.

Default Re: Windshield Inside Film

Try a little Dawn dish soap.

It's a degreaser that might remove it.

Wipe the windshield down with a clean, dry microfiber cloth to remove any dirt. Use another cloth to apply a bit of rubbing alcohol in order to remove any grease from the glass. Spray your glass cleaner (something like invisible glass) on the other side of your microfiber cloth (not on the windshield). Try not to make swirls in the windshield.
    After that, if it still has a haze wipe the windshield with dry newspaper.

4. Default Re: Windshield Inside Film

I can get ours completely clean with a couple go rounds of Windex and cheap terry cloth towels. Not nice soft ones but something like bar rags/dish cloths. Paper towels don't work nearly as well. And don't wash the towels with anything but detergent. No softener.

The best luck I have seen commercial car washes and detail shops have is by using alcohol or alcohol and water. No Windex, Spraway or other multi ingredient cleaners.

At the end, us only alcohol and a virgin microfiber towel. As in straight out of the bag and never used or washed.

6. Default Re: Windshield Inside Film

Ill give those a try, thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Ill give those a try, thanks all!
    Search "E-cloth window cleaning" if you shop on Amazon. It's a set of two green cleaning cloths, one of which you wet before use. The wet cloth cleans the junk and then the second dry microfiber drags at all that film and just swipes it away. I thought magic glass was impressive till someone gave me a set of these.

Thread Information