Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Sopranos

Default The Sopranos

I’ve never watched a whole non-animated series but after watching YouTube video after video I’m in. I’m going to purchase the full DVD set(as opposed to streaming) and watch the entire series. It seriously looks like one of the best shows ever made. Not a lot of scenes from movies make me cry the one I cried the most during was Click(Adam Sandler) but the scenes between Tony and Junior were heartbreaking even though they were murderous fiends.

Default Re: The Sopranos

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I’ve never watched a whole non-animated series but after watching YouTube video after video I’m in. I’m going to purchase the full DVD set(as opposed to streaming) and watch the entire series. It seriously looks like one of the best shows ever made. Not a lot of scenes from movies make me cry the one I cried the most during was Click(Adam Sandler) but the scenes between Tony and Junior were heartbreaking even though they were murderous fiends.
    So when the pandemic started I decided I'd watch the sopranos, for the first time. It's much better than I thought. I had always heard how good it was and I thought it couldn't live up to it but it totally does. Enjoy.

I have seen it 5 times. It is my favorite show ever, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    So when the pandemic started I decided I'd watch the sopranos, for the first time. It's much better than I thought. I had always heard how good it was and I thought it couldn't live up to it but it totally does. Enjoy.
    I did the same, now watching The Wire another critically-acclaimed show from that same era. Definitely one of the best shows ever made but I still put Breaking Bad over it.

There is a Sopranos movie coming out in the spring called The Many Saints of Newark that is basically a prequel, in that it focuses on how Tony Soprano raises to power.

The young Soprano is played by the son of James Gandolfini.

https://www.themanysaintsofnewarkmov...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is a Sopranos movie coming out in the spring called The Many Saints of Newark that is basically a prequel, in that it focuses on how Tony Soprano raises to power.

The young Soprano is played by the son of James Gandolfini.

https://www.themanysaintsofnewarkmov...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    It will be released in theatres and HBO MAX on October 1, 2021

Without a doubt, my favorite TV series of all time. I watch it beginning to end, every few years. Tony Soprano has to be up there with the best characters of all time. It is amazing how he just steals every scene and his presence is larger than life. James Gandolfini was a truly amazing actor.

My favorite of all time as well, and I go back many seasons. The casting was great, the story lines were compelling and it made me homesick for the food.

I've been wanting to rewatch this for a while, but I've decided to wait until I watch the prequel. Might be nice to start the series with the back story in my mind.

I just started rewatching this a few weeks ago. I watch it beginning to end usually about once a year. I can get through it in about a month.

Great series. There are always things to pick up on. The great thing about is how captivating it is without being overly dramatic, or requiring Hollywood stunts that are totally unbelievable, or plots that are too complicated to even be feasible.

Thread Information