Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decoy

SoSA Decoy

Brunch Day Club with cabana suites planned for near downtown

A new development is planned near NW 6th and Shartel that will be a Brunch Day Club with cabanas and cabana suites that will become Airbnb untis during the offseason.

The project will be called Decoy and its u-shaped layout is designed to provide vistas of the nearby skyline.

Vincent Le and Kayla Baker of Northline Development are heading the project and Ty Hamilton will be the operating partner.

The restaurant and bar will be called Egg N Coffee. It will be operated by Chick N Beer's Truong Le.

After plans are approved, the group hopes to break ground around the first of the year.

Design is by Gardner Architects.

Default Re: Decoy

Wow that is a really cool project, I hope it plays out.

What's going on in Rogers AK pop 66K? That they can land a massive residential development called the Pinnacle Heights? The same Architects of the Decoy Gardner Architects.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=pinn...9KitV5voH1ncTM

I imagine Bentonville is what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by kzizok View Post
    I imagine Bentonville is what is going on.
    Yep. It’s a pretty area with a low cost of living. And Walmart provides some serious economic firepower in the entire NW part of the state.

Not a criticism, I really like this infill, but an honest question. This design and layout reminds me of a motel. What is the difference between this type of Airbnb and a small motel?

The photo has NW 6th St mislabeled as NW 4th St.

Quote Originally Posted by 5alive View Post
    Not a criticism, I really like this infill, but an honest question. This design and layout reminds me of a motel. What is the difference between this type of Airbnb and a small motel?
    I had wondered the same thing after seeing these are basically motel rooms and not actual apartments/condos with kitchens. Is there an advantage to do it this way as far as regulatory or code requirements? For example, motel rooms have sprinklers in each room. If not motel but airbnb, do you have to sprinkler it?

It is a cool project though

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Yep. It’s a pretty area with a low cost of living. And Walmart provides some serious economic firepower in the entire NW part of the state.
    Ohhh ok makes sense. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The photo has NW 6th St mislabeled as NW 4th St.
    Thanks, I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Wow that is a really cool project, I hope it plays out.
    So do you gonhere eat a hamburger then swim free or what? How does the swimming pool relate to the restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    What's going on in Rogers AK pop 66K? That they can land a massive residential development called the Pinnacle Heights? The same Architects of the Decoy Gardner Architects.
    The JB Hunt family is the money behind most of that development around the Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion in Rogers. They have built some Mid Rise spec office towers as well. Its a more mature Chisolm Creek type development.

13. Default Re: Decoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I had wondered the same thing after seeing these are basically motel rooms and not actual apartments/condos with kitchens. Is there an advantage to do it this way as far as regulatory or code requirements? For example, motel rooms have sprinklers in each room. If not motel but airbnb, do you have to sprinkler it?

It is a cool project though
    A developer I know recently finished a project that only had 4 rooms and the project was primarily built for Airbnb/Corporate housing. It is also being used as office space for a small company. This developer was forced to put sprinklers in this development. I could be wrong, but this project will likely still need sprinklers. In my travels, I have found that a lot of Hotels and Motels are putting some of their rooms on Airbnb. I recently went to New Orleans where the Airbnb accounts are allowed to tell locals they can't book their space. Hotels and Motels, from what I am assuming, can't refuse to rent a room to anyone even locals. This is all guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Rogers, Fayetteville, Bentonville are all part of a connected metropolitan area.

Is the Airbnb designation a way to circumvent ADA requirements?

16. Default Re: Decoy

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    It looks like on the plans the parking is ADA compliant, which probably means they will have units that follow the same rule. The plans also show an ADA ramp.

I vaguely recall seeing an article that air bnb was going to enter the hotel business. It’s pretty ironic if that is the case given their whole thing is to be an alternative to hotels. It looks like a full circle kind of thing to me.

18. Default Re: Decoy

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I vaguely recall seeing an article that air bnb was going to enter the hotel business. It’s pretty ironic if that is the case given their whole thing is to be an alternative to hotels. It looks like a full circle kind of thing to me.
    I have also noticed this and while looking for locations in New Orleans last week I happened upon several listings under the Sonder Stays group. These locations are in Apartment high rises, hotels, and updated historic buildings. https://www.sonder.com/. I haven't really done much research on how they are able to do this, but most of their locations had better pricing than those that were run by an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    A developer I know recently finished a project that only had 4 rooms and the project was primarily built for Airbnb/Corporate housing. It is also being used as office space for a small company. This developer was forced to put sprinklers in this development. I could be wrong, but this project will likely still need sprinklers. In my travels, I have found that a lot of Hotels and Motels are putting some of their rooms on Airbnb. I recently went to New Orleans where the Airbnb accounts are allowed to tell locals they can't book their space. Hotels and Motels, from what I am assuming, can't refuse to rent a room to anyone even locals. This is all guesswork.
    Pretty sure anything with more than two units in same structure will need sprinklering. Anything more than a duplex requires this. I doubt that changes with it being a hotel/airbnb hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Basically nothing gets away from ADA requirements.

Cool looking project and small Airbnb properties like this will probably be well received by travelers of all types and even staycationers.

Blog Entries

cool and all but weird to put a "destination" kind of place in the middle of surface parking and bail bondsmen

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Rogers, Fayetteville, Bentonville are all part of a connected metropolitan area.
    And don’t forget Springdale … Fayetteville is close enough too! Hardcore locals include Tontitown and Bella Vista!

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    cool and all but weird to put a "destination" kind of place in the middle of surface parking and bail bondsmen
    But Ken Boyer is everywhere

23. Default Re: Decoy

Another new thing with an inexplicable name. I don't get it.

Heard anything new about this Pete?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kallio View Post
    And don’t forget Springdale … Fayetteville is close enough too! Hardcore locals include Tontitown and Bella Vista!
    Used to be a great Italian restaurant in Tontitown, right on the highway back to Tulsa. Wonder if it is still there. Had the best yeast rolls.

Thread Information