Widgets Magazine
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

1. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I was watching more than usual today for the weekly update. The NYT showed Oklahoma's cases rising by 20 something percent. The OSDH obviously doesn't agree.

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

If you look at last year's numbers, things held steady until after Thanksgiving and Christmas when the numbers skyrocketed.

Probably a good idea for everyone to get boosters if you haven't already.

3. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If you look at last year's numbers, things held steady until after Thanksgiving and Christmas when the numbers skyrocketed.

Probably a good idea for everyone to get boosters if you haven't already.
    Agreed. We sat last night at one of our regular dinner spots and a regular we see often at a couple places sat loudly spewing his belief that the vaccine is evil and a plot against all of us. But my wife and I have had three boosters now and as soon as the CDC/FDA s suggest we need another one we'll be first in line.

A really odd twist is the whole topic got brought up because he went yesterday to get a flu shot!

Thank you for your service, pete

Numbers on how many children have RSV in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Agreed. We sat last night at one of our regular dinner spots and a regular we see often at a couple places sat loudly spewing his belief that the vaccine is evil and a plot against all of us. But my wife and I have had three boosters now and as soon as the CDC/FDA s suggest we need another one we'll be first in line.

A really odd twist is the whole topic got brought up because he went yesterday to get a flu shot!
    I noticed the CDC director now has COVID after her 5th shot. Please be careful out there Bill.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    I noticed the CDC director now has COVID after her 5th shot. Please be careful out there Bill.
    Thanks. We are being more careful than pre 2020. Anywhere with large crowds we pretty much still avoid. We have been to one concert and Church a couple times during the bug dips in numbers. I still go shopping most times by myself and always early in the morning before the stores get busy. We have been going out to eat on our old "way too often" schedule. But with 5 shots each and having had it at least twice each with none of our cases being worse than a bad cough I had for about a week my second time around we're living life on a calculated risk kind of plan.

Weekly update:

Any chance you have that data in a 52 week view? Somewhere you can share it for us to view at any time? If not no worries.

Just a few things I see from this view is that our cases haven't hit the highs of last year in the same period, although I know there's been discussion about testing in home accounting for a lot of that potentially. Our hospitalizations are lower, but not (I would say) dramatically lower than the highs last year, but our ICU is a lot lower.

I'm not really qualified to interpret what any of that means, but I appreciate the data anyway.

Weekly update:

Weekly update:

You've heard of the COVID-19 pandemic, now get ready for the tripledemic. Per the LA Times.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-in-california

3 people I know have tested positive for COVID this week. Two of them were in the same place at the same time but the 3rd person was not near either of them, she caught it from her husband. I wonder if this a sign of higher numbers to come or just a coincidence of people in my circle getting sick.

The numbers will undoubtedly rise. I can't tell you how many people gave me the "I'm OK, I just have a cold" response, and how many of those (100%) responded that they hadn't taken a COVID test to be precautious.

Wastewater surveillance is probably going to be the most reliable indicator of community spread in the current environment due to the proliferation of at-home testing and people who just refuse to test. Overall the statewide average for detected virus concentrations in wastewater is trending downward and is currently very low at 107,000 detected copies per liter - but the numbers for central Oklahoma are somewhat higher at an average of 182,900 copies/L and have been trending slightly upward in the last two weeks. The threshold for "medium" community spread is 800,000 copies/L, and the threshold for "high" is 2,700,000.

Overall we're still on a downward slope from the peaks we saw this summer.

You can view the wastewater surveillance dashboard here: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboar...2b1853c76ec589

Weekly update:

The up tick is not good. I expect it to get worse in about 2 weeks or so. Too many people have said that they wont stay home if they get covid. No one is going to tell them to stay home or wear a mask. With the holiday and people traveling, and people in denial that they have or could have covid or worst just dont care and want to get out anyway, the numbers will just go one way.

Everyone’s been coughing at my work. No masks. I bet you are right and we see those numbers go up.

Weekly update:

20. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

My girlfriend said she is seeing mostly Flu A and RSV where she is working the Flu A is hitting hard because very few have had the flu for a few years due to the mask wearing and have lost most of their immunity to it.

And unfortunately she said none of the people she had seen with Flu A had received the flu vaccine..... Yes she said none.... 0%..... Just amazing.

The #'s appear to be trending up. I am curious as to the trends in influenza and RSV in Oklahoma.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

NM
    I found a link to OSDH flu stats but it doesn't work when copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The #'s appear to be trending up. I am curious as to the trends in influenza and RSV in Oklahoma.
    RSV:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-12-01 16_49_44-RSV2020-2023.xlsx and 5 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	17753

Influenza:

Name:	2022-12-01 16_51_01-SentinelLab_PercentFluPos_2020-23.xlsx and 5 more pages - Work - Microsoft&#.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	17754

Covid-19 (If Oklahoma releases similar graphs as those above for Covid-19, I could not find them.)

Name:	2022-12-01 16_49_10-Oklahoma (OK) - U.S. COVID Tracker - Covid Act Now and 5 more pages - Work -.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	17752

So, cutting that one up and overlaying + coloring, I get:

Name:	C19 OKC Positivity.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	17751

Weekly update:

Thread Information