Widgets Magazine
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 394041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,092 of 1092

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

1. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This was far from an America-only experience.

Every single country had to try and figure out what to do every step of the way while having no idea where this would all lead as millions of people were dying.

People here want to paint the U.S. as an outlier and even an example of the government overreaching and the populace often overreacting, but you have to view everything from a global perspective. And when you do, you'll see we were about in the middle in how most things were handled.
    Well said!

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    i mean i guess if you don't count every country in the EU, Canada, the UK, Australia, and a had full of others , then yes, the USA is one of the only ones.
    lol ok

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And when you do, you'll see we were about in the middle in how most things were handled.
    the USA was not remotely in the middle when it comes to giving shots to those under 12 or under 18

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the USA was not remotely in the middle when it comes to giving shots to those under 12 or under 18
    What widespread negative consequences have been seen thus far in those populations after receiving the vaccinations?

5. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

WOW! Today is the anniversary of the OKC Thunder vs Utah Jazz game that was cancelled right at tipoff. The next day the NBA shut down and the NCAA cancelled the BB Tournament. Yeah, just sports but that was the start of the ball rolling. The next day was also the run on stores that wiped out paper goods, baby and sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer, etc. for months. Quickly after was the shutdowns of restaurants, theaters, any "non-essential" businesses, etc. It seemed to get real with the cancellation of a nationally televised BB game.

Due to a lawsuit a judge has ordered the CDC to release data from its V-safe program. According to the CDC v-safe data about 8 percent of the 10 million users required medical attention or hospital care after vaccination, and many others reported missing school, work, or other normal activities.

It should be noted that these were the people who choose to participate in the V-safe program, not the entire population.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Due to a lawsuit a judge has ordered the CDC to release data from its V-safe program. According to the CDC v-safe data about 8 percent of the 10 million users required medical attention or hospital care after vaccination, and many others reported missing school, work, or other normal activities.

It should be noted that these were the people who choose to participate in the V-safe program, not the entire population.
    Let me guess you got this from ICAN research? You gotta stop posting this misinformation man. This was an old story from 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Let me guess you got this from ICAN research? You gotta stop posting this misinformation man. This was an old story from 2022.
    I don't know what ICAN research is, I typically follow peer reviewed and primary source data instead of having my opinions filtered through media outlets. Therefore, my timing on this matter may not be cutting edge as the pandemic is officially over.

Here is the primary source data for you to evaluate on your own time.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...lications.html

Covid? We have moved on to Bird Flu now. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...situation.html

I don't know what ICAN research is,
    ICAN research is the group that brought the suit you referenced and the organization that reported the findings you posted.

I typically follow peer reviewed and primary source data instead of having my opinions filtered through media outlets.
    The reported numbers from ICAN that you posted is not peer reviewed and is currently uninterpetable, mainly because the conclusions ICAN drew from their access to v-safe data as result of their lawsuit is not something that can be concluded from v-safe data. V-safe data is self reported data and can not show causality because it has no controls. It's super useful, but not in the way ICAN has represented and not in an objectively scientific way.

Therefore, my timing on this matter may not be cutting edge as the pandemic is officially over.
    You're correct on both counts.

Here is the primary source data for you to evaluate on your own time.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...lications.html
    This is not the primary source data. It is a collection of published articles based on v-safe data, none of which match the conclusions of ICAN that you posted .

Blog Entries

This is the problem these days. There are a lot of garbage “facts” with flawed methodology and even worse interpretations posted for a wide naive or untrained audience Everyone with a phone or iPad thinks they are an expert in research and data. Most just find some report that fits their opinion or agenda and then spreads it around like they discovered the boogie man.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    This is not the primary source data. It is a collection of published articles based on v-safe data, none of which match the conclusions of ICAN that you posted .
    If these studies CDC studies are not primary data or a peer reviewed scientific study of the primary data then where can I find the data on the CDC's or other reputable website?

You know what mods, I think I am right but now I am not certain because of Rovers comments and the papers I just finished reading. Go ahead and delete our comments and when I get some more time and this primary data I will post more links here. Have a good night.

If these studies CDC studies are not primary data or a peer reviewed scientific study of the primary data then where can I find the data on the CDC's or other reputable website?
    There's nothing wrong with the publications you linked to on the CDC site. They don't say or reflect what ICAN wants them to say, but there's nothing inherently disreputable about them. The numbers you posted are not from one of those publications, but from ICAN. ICAN did not publish their methods, so it is not reviewable.

It is not "primary source data" simply because the link you posted does not contain the raw data. That's all.

I couldn't find the raw data on the CDC website. Has anyone found the raw data? maybe in an excel spreadsheet?

16. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Our company is making all the employees complete the whole catalog of an online safety training provider. We got to the "C"s in April. Two courses were on COVID. But they were made in 2020. It was odd seeing things like "A novel virus has just been identified as a Pandemic by the CDC and the spread is affecting Americans exponentially". I was not a fan of reliving 2020 on screen.

I couldn't find the raw data on the CDC website. Has anyone found the raw data? maybe in an excel spreadsheet?
    That is not available. V-safe data is collected from people who voluntarily sign up and self report. For privacy reasons, it is not publicly released.

This could raise transparency issues, of course, but given how widely and wildly the program is misunderstood and manipulated by some, it's probably for the best. ICAN is a good example. When they got access to it via the FOIA suit, they took it and created their own narrative (and some publications distorted that even further). Whether that was the result of ignorance or malice, or a mix of both, no one can be sure. But, for some reason, people make personal medical decisions based on non-medical sources, so that kind of recklessness with the data can actually put people in harm's way.

Thankfully, there have been many thorough studies on vaccines' safety and efficacy, and it has been widely used for over 3 years now.

Thread Information