Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Shouldn't we be covering the flu? Seems worse than this.

I just got the flu and it was the worst sickness I’ve ever had much more so than COVID was when I got it. I plan on getting the flu shot from now on I wasn’t aware of how bad the flu can get.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Shouldn't we be covering the flu? Seems worse than this.
    Why don't you start a flu thread, do some research and post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why don't you start a flu thread, do some research and post it?
    I wasn't meaning to sound rude. I apologize for my tone. Just know it is hurting my firm a lot, and is flowing through people like wine.

5. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

8040 is the number of estimated current cases. 4620 new cases. Still rising rapidly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    8040 is the number of estimated current cases. 4620 new cases. Still rising rapidly though.
    Thanks. I corrected the post.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

My girlfriends experience in southern Oklahoma.... She is seeing more Covid than Flu now and has yet to see a patient with the flu that has been vaccinated.... The vaccine appears to be very well matched this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    My girlfriends experience in southern Oklahoma.... She is seeing more Covid than Flu now and has yet to see a patient with the flu that has been vaccinated.... The vaccine appears to be very well matched this season.
    Coworker of mine had her kids vaccinated (1 is at OU, and 1 is in high school). Both have had the flu 3 times this year since getting the vaccine. So I don't know if it as well matched. Her OU son is in a frat, and has had their frat house deep cleaned 5 times because of it. I guess it is all arbitrary. She's missed 3 weeks of work because of it. So who knows. Both are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Coworker of mine had her kids vaccinated (1 is at OU, and 1 is in high school). Both have had the flu 3 times this year since getting the vaccine. So I don't know if it as well matched. Her OU son is in a frat, and has had their frat house deep cleaned 5 times because of it. I guess it is all arbitrary. She's missed 3 weeks of work because of it. So who knows. Both are bad.
    Studies will always be better than sporadic anecdotal evidence, it is well-matched.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/flu-sho...ason-cdc-says/

"Every year, the CDC tests hundreds of samples collected from Americans with the flu, in an effort to track if the virus could be evading the current season's vaccines.

The CDC reported on Friday that most of the viruses tested so far this season are similar to the strains that were picked out by officials for this year's updated vaccines. Using antibodies from ferrets, the agency said almost all samples they tested "were well recognized" by the animals' immune responses.

Almost every sample tested by public health laboratories around the country so far this year have been from the Influenza A type of virus. Only 0.1% were Influenza B. All viruses tested so far this season have also been susceptible to the four antiviral treatments that are currently recommended for flu patients."

I encourage everyone to take thier safety into thier own hands this winter. Make the right choice for your health.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    I encourage everyone to take thier safety into thier own hands this winter. Make the right choice for your health.
    …?

Thanks but I already eat clean and workout

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    …?
    Personal Responsibility Hippo, Personal Responsibility.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Personal Responsibility Hippo, Personal Responsibility.
    Ah yes. You get measles, I’ll be responsible. Makes perfect sense.

Mr./Mrs. Hippo I dont see how getting measles is being pesonally responsible. I'll let you do you over there and I will take personal responsibility over here for my health and the health of those I am responsible for at this stage in life. I am not looking to agrue.

Weekly update:

The free federally provided test kits are back available starting today: Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests

^

Thank you!

Just ordered a new set.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

^
    Me too
    Between those and what they keep at work I'm set for a long time.

If you still have tests from the last free distribution program, and they are past the expiration date printed on the box, don't throw them away before checking to see if their expiration date has been extended: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...tic-tests#list

21. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    If you still have tests from the last free distribution program, and they are past the expiration date printed on the box, don't throw them away before checking to see if their expiration date has been extended: https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/...tic-tests#list
    Yes. Good info. Almost all tests have extended the expiration dates.

What a weird coincidence. Yesterday I was looking at my stash of cold/flu meds and saw the box of covid at home test was expired. I went online to see if I could get the free kits in the mail. Found out that it was suspended, none being shipped, so I went to wallymart and paid $20 for a box containing 2 home test kits. Got home and tossed it in my cold/flu meds box.

This morning I get the email that you can now get the FREE ones through the USPS, so naturally I ordered some right away, should be here next week or so.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    What a weird coincidence. Yesterday I was looking at my stash of cold/flu meds and saw the box of covid at home test was expired. I went online to see if I could get the free kits in the mail. Found out that it was suspended, none being shipped, so I went to wallymart and paid $20 for a box containing 2 home test kits. Got home and tossed it in my cold/flu meds box.

This morning I get the email that you can now get the FREE ones through the USPS, so naturally I ordered some right away, should be here next week or so.
    A lot of insurance companies will reimburse you for tests you buy at the store.

So me and my wife haven't ever really had COVID-19 symptoms (or if we did, they were mild enough to be mistaken for allergy-type stuff), and we've never bought or had a COVID-19 test during this whole thing. Seems like a lot on here are testing themselves, do y'all test regularly just because, or when you have symptoms, or before big gatherings, or .....? Should we have been testing ourselves or no need unless symptomatic?

^

I've tested at home when I've felt a bit funny and after I've been together with someone who later found out they had Covid.

Thus far, all my tests have been negative. I'm due for the next booster and need to get that done before Christmas.

Thread Information