Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Edmond schools will end required Student Quarantine. next Monday.

On Monday, October 4, EPS will move from quarantines required to quarantine notification. Wednesday, September 29 is day 10 of quarantines remaining below .5%, but transitions work best when they happen at a natural break or over a weekend. Therefore, the district has set Monday, October 4 for this change in procedure to go into effect.

Quarantines have been effective in stopping the spread of the Covid virus in our schools. So, why is the district no longer requiring quarantines for someone exposed to a Covid positive individual? We have reached a threshold where the school will no longer be acting on behalf of the OCCHD to require quarantines. This responsibility will shift back to the OCCHD and to parents. Parents will still be notified when their child has been in close contact with a positive case of COVID and then will have the responsibility whether to quarantine their child or not.

The maks threshold is set at .1% for 10 or more days. So far, EPS has not reached that threshold, but the district will continue to monitor the data and will take a deeper look at fall break as promised in the original communication concerning masks.

https://edmondschools.net/news/2021/...day-october-4/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Got my booster shot yesterday at CVS. I was originally phase 3. I was just testing the system to see if I could actually get through. I clicked the option that I was in a high risk profession (which could easily be debated) but it let me schedule. If there wasn't almost a 50 open slots I wouldn't have tried it.

Got to CVS and they only asked for my card. No questions asked. In and out in 15 min. So If you are eligible, regardless of what phase you were originally, go through CVS to get it. Tons of spots open today at 33rd and Santa Fe in Edmond

Booster Shot Scheduler Link - https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/s...ener/covid-qns
    Thank you for this.

I started to sign up online but saw every day and every time was available, so today when in the Target at 50th & May (pharmacy is now run by CVS) I saw a sign that said flu and Covid booster shots were available on a walk-in basis.

I had my vaccination card with me and they processed me straight away and I got the Moderna booster. That was about 7 hours ago and thus far only a sore arm. We'll see tomorrow if I get the same mild aches and tiredness I experienced with the first two shots.

BTW, Faucci said there was no harm in getting the annual flu shot at the same time, just recommended not in the same arm as the Covid booster.

^^^
    I didn’t realize you could get a booster for Moderna yet… or did you just get Moderna as the booster for Pfizer?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    ^^^
    I didn’t realize you could get a booster for Moderna yet… or did you just get Moderna as the booster for Pfizer?
    Same. I have pre-existing conditions and work in a high-risk job so I would like to get a booster as well. I was under the impression that Pfizer was the only one doing boosters. Looking forward to your clarifications Pete, as I would like to get this ASAP and I am vaccinated with Moderna.

This was published a day ago. Not approved yet for Moderna.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ource=url_link

6. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I don't think the pharmacists at CVS really care. They are vaccinating anyone that wants the booster.... I got mine yesterday and the only thing they asked to see was my Vax Card and they didn't have me wait around after the shot.... Just sent me on my way.... Then later I got an email detailing the shot for my records and it said they made the injection in my left arm but it was in my right.

As far as side effects.... it's a little over 24 hours later and I had a little tenderness at the injection site..... If I had any other side effects I slept through them last night.

7. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

^^^
    County Health was giving Moderna boosters at Pride this past weekend. I thought the same (?!) But I was with people that received it (I'm a little shy of the 6 month recommendation).

HangryHippo Guest

It might be a 3rd shot from Moderna, but there’s no Moderna booster yet. They’ve applied, but nothing has been approved.

^^^
    It was for Moderna.

No side effects last night other than a sore arm.

Hasn't Canada done some studies about mixing Moderna/Pfizer shot for increased efficacy? I received Pfizer, but I'm considering getting a Moderna booster in a couple months.

11. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    It might be a 3rd shot from Moderna, but there’s no Moderna booster yet. They’ve applied, but nothing has been approved.
    From researching news on the Phizer shot. It's a third shot. No different than the first 2.

I spoke too soon about no real side effects from the third Moderna shot.

Pretty achy now, not unlike the other doses.

1,880 new cases reported today. Last several Thursdays: 2,361; 2,263; 2,452; 3,274; 4,152; 2,502.

7-day average now 1,339.

Hospitalizations are 1,065 (+20).

ICU is 326 (+3).

14. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I still have a slightly sore arm but it was pretty significant for a few days following my shot. A muscle in my armpit hurts but I don't know if that's related. Regardless no headaches or fatigue for me so I consider myself pretty lucky.

I think nearby nerves heighten their sensitivity to pain to help the body determine what is "injured" when a foreign object or infection is found. Was probably already sore from something else, but was below your pain threshold until the body increased its sensitivity for that area. I found that my elbow was aching more after getting my second shot, but that ache went away just as the main symptoms were going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I still have a slightly sore arm but it was pretty significant for a few days following my shot. A muscle in my armpit hurts but I don't know if that's related. Regardless no headaches or fatigue for me so I consider myself pretty lucky.
    Could be an inflamed lymph node related to localized reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It was for Moderna.
    I'm not trying to pry if you don't want to share, but can you clarify what vaccine you got for your first shots? Did you get two Pfizer shots and then get Moderna as a booster shot? My apologize if I'm just not understanding.

^

All of my shots have been Moderna.

I got a flu shot yesterday and have a little underarm pain/tenderness; don't think it's anything specific to the covid vaccine (not saying anyone was saying that - just providing some anecdotal information).

Seconding the availability of boosters. My spouse is a teacher in the "high-exposure risk" category and we booked an appointment the night before at CVS and nearly every slot was completely open. I just hit the 6-month mark and don't fit into any of the booster categories so for now will be waiting, but for anyone who qualifies: go get your booster! So far they're pretty achy and foggy, but it is bearable and less than round 2 last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

All of my shots have been Moderna.
    Okay, that's why I was asking. I didn't think Moderna had been approved for boosters. I thought it was just Pfizer.

Okay, that's why I was asking. I didn't think Moderna had been approved for boosters. I thought it was just Pfizer.
    You are correct. The federal government has not approved it yet, irrespective of the vendors.

23. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

We got our flu shots last weekend at Walmart. They asked if we wanted the booster. My wife didn't have her card and I had Moderna. The pharmacist told us to stop back by whenever we wanted. So there must be lots of places that aren't concerned with Moderna not being approved yet.

The CVS pharmacist at Target told me they've been giving Moderna boosters since August.

1,452 new cases reported today. Last several Fridays: 1,230; 2,124; 2,627; 3,080; 3,338; 2,851; 2,814.

7-day average now 1,547.

Hospitalizations are 1,077 (+12).

ICU is 332 (+6).

Thread Information