Weekly update:

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Weekly update:

Weekly update:

Weekly update:

5. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I brought it back with me from Vegas. FIrst time I've ever had it. Sunday thru Tuesday just felt like a sinus headache with a low grade fever. Lost most of my smell on tuesday, and food just tastes "off". I thought I was turning a corning yesterday but I'm starting to cough a bit more. No trouble breathing or anything like that, chest just feels heavy.

Just crazy how it can affect people differently. I hope my cough doesn't get worse though. It's very annoying.

6. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I brought it back with me from Vegas. FIrst time I've ever had it. Sunday thru Tuesday just felt like a sinus headache with a low grade fever. Lost most of my smell on tuesday, and food just tastes "off". I thought I was turning a corning yesterday but I'm starting to cough a bit more. No trouble breathing or anything like that, chest just feels heavy.

Just crazy how it can affect people differently. I hope my cough doesn't get worse though. It's very annoying.
    It is crazy. And with the different variants it affects the same person differently. I've had it 3 times and each has had different symptoms. None of the times have been severe though so I'm thankful for that. The worst was the second round when I coughed my head off for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    It is crazy. And with the different variants it affects the same person differently. I've had it 3 times and each has had different symptoms. None of the times have been severe though so I'm thankful for that. The worst was the second round when I coughed my head off for 4 days.
    After 3 years finally got it. Start Sunday as Sore throat than low grade fever loss appetite than by Tuesday I just have an ever so small cough than Wednesday Thursday we went to a runny nose and than today Friday back to chest congestion with no cough. However I will say everything has been pretty mild. I have had worse colds and flu lets hope it stays that way. My last vaccination was Oct 2021. Had 3 shots

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    After 3 years finally got it. Start Sunday as Sore throat than low grade fever loss appetite than by Tuesday I just have an ever so small cough than Wednesday Thursday we went to a runny nose and than today Friday back to chest congestion with no cough. However I will say everything has been pretty mild. I have had worse colds and flu lets hope it stays that way. My last vaccination was Oct 2021. Had 3 shots
    Did you get tested to confirm it's COVID?

People with covid should go to a doctor to see if they can be prescribed Paxlovid, to get over it sooner. No sense in feeling bad and coughing for more than several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Did you get tested to confirm it's COVID?

People with covid should go to a doctor to see if they can be prescribed Paxlovid, to get over it sooner. No sense in feeling bad and coughing for more than several days.
    Both me and Partner tested positive. He is over 65 his doctor gave him Paxlovid so we shall see. My doctor said treat it like a cold my symptoms have been very very mild. Easily could of went to work still can walk on the there treadmill. Yes I have had symptoms but if it wasn't for him testing cause of his conditions I would of probably never would have my symptoms have been that mild. That is the issue. I have vacation and sick days but I unfortunately a lot of people don't and I would of never missed work but for maybe one day for the very mild symptoms that I were having. His Doctor said most of the cases she has been seeing have been very mild.

I had an outpatient procedure at Baptist Hospital this morning and they told me beforehand that they no longer have a mask requirement.

About half the people were wearing them but I bet the employees there really appreciate the option of not wearing one, after being required (and rightfully so) for the last 3 years.

I went to my PCP Dr last Friday in the Mercy network and they no longer have a mask requirement there also. They said they had dropped it about 1 1/2 weeks earlier.

12. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Took my mom to an appointment at Saint Anthony last week and they had just dropped the requirement there, also. So, there's the big three in OKC.

Pete, was there a reason you didn't post the weekly update on the 23rd? Have they quit publishing the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Pete, was there a reason you didn't post the weekly update on the 23rd? Have they quit publishing the numbers?
    I though I did post it... Here it is now:

15. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

My fiance said they dropped it at Love County recently too... She's still masking up but she said most of the rest of the staff is no longer.

When I went to my last checkup a couple of months ago my primary care was longer masking. I was masked and he asked if I would prefer he masked. I told him he was fine but I don't have time to be sick with covid, or anything for that matter, and I would continue to mask when I was in moderate to high risk environments.

Weekly update:

17. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Been a week since I tested negative. Finally have all my smell and taste back. Still have a lingering dry cough, and some pain in my ears (I dunno if it's from allergies/sinus pressure or not) but overall pretty grateful that it was a mild case.

Went to Norman Regional yesterday with a loved one to the Oncology Department. They don't require masks there, including the physicians and nurses, which blew my mind considering they deal with cancer patients with little to no immune system.

19. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

I'm not saying this as if I have any real reason or evidence. It's just my opinion. Based maybe an itty bit on what a couple of my nieces who are nurses , one who's in NICU, have been saying. I think since hospitals and other medical facilities have been requiring masks way longer than anywhere else they're just "over it". And they're relatively confident that we're at a point where masking unless you just want to is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm not saying this as if I have any real reason or evidence. It's just my opinion. Based maybe an itty bit on what a couple of my nieces who are nurses , one who's in NICU, have been saying. I think since hospitals and other medical facilities have been requiring masks way longer than anywhere else they're just "over it". And they're relatively confident that we're at a point where masking unless you just want to is a thing of the past.
    SSM dropped masking recently as well.

Weekly update:

Weekly update:

n/m didn't see the new column.

I know it's a played out comparison, but is it easy to pull the same info on the Flu?

25. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I know it's a played out comparison, but is it easy to pull the same info on the Flu?
    Oklahoma doesn't keep very good records on it currently.

https://oklahoma.gov/health/health-e...-flu-view.html

Thread Information