Widgets Magazine

Thread: Flamingo Tiki Bar

Paseo Flamingo Tiki Bar

Humankind Hospitality (Picasso Cafe, The Other Room, OSO, Frida, The Daley and Sauced) has filed plans to open an 'updated spin on the tiki bar' in the Paseo.

Flamingo will be taking the space first occupied by Buttermilk, right next to OSO.

Will offer classic tiki drinks (painkillers, etc.), a full bar and some large, shareable fishbowl drinks.

The design by AHMM architects includes a bright a pink exterior, a tropical interior with a large, rectangular bar and a small patio.

Ultimately, Flamingo will offer food from OSO (where this is frequently a wait-list) in a similar manner as The Other Room / Picasso.

The plan is to open after the first of the year, as construction will be starting soon.

Default Re: Flamingo Tiki Bar

Man that corner across from Frida would be a perfect spot for a Spanish/Adobe style apartments with retail/cafe art galleries on the first level.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Man that corner across from Frida would be a perfect spot for a Spanish/Adobe style apartments with retail/cafe art galleries on the first level.
    Many have approached the owner of that convenience store but he won't sell.

There’s value in having Samir’s there, but I just wish the property got some streetscaping with some trees and a defined sidewalk along Walker.

There’s room a mixed use apartment between Samir’s and Sauced too. Who owns that strip?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    There’s value in having Samir’s there, but I just wish the property got some streetscaping with some trees and a defined sidewalk along Walker.

There’s room a mixed use apartment between Samir’s and Sauced too. Who owns that strip?
    Samir owns all the property up to Sauced.

There is a large streetscape/landscape project planned for the Paseo. Should start after the first of the year.

I really like that gas station. It’s raggedy but it’s good for the area and there’s other spots that can be developed in the Paseo, IMO.

Just saw an ad in Edible OKC that Flamingo is hiring and their Google business page says opens May. They're going for more of a....boho vibe than traditional tiki, but it's Paseo. I'm excited to have anything even remotely close to the Saturn Room in Tulsa.

^

They will open in about a month.

We've been running ads (at the top of every page) for their hiring for several weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcopel90 View Post
    Just saw an ad in Edible OKC that Flamingo is hiring and their Google business page says opens May. They're going for more of a....boho vibe than traditional tiki, but it's Paseo. I'm excited to have anything even remotely close to the Saturn Room in Tulsa.
    Man, something akin to the Saturn Room in OKC would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    Man, something akin to the Saturn Room in OKC would be awesome.
    I haven't seen their menu yet but I would be thoroughly surprised if Flamingo is going to be getting all the Instagrammers that are going to go there sloshed on overproof rum drinks like a Cobra's Fang.

I'm excited either way!

They are getting very close to opening.

They'll serve the full menu from neighboring OSO and have classic tiki drinks as well as large, sharable drinks.

Small patio to the south.

Blog Entries

I wish them well but with the way places have filtered through this spot, I'm not sure I like painting the whole exterior pink like that. Maybe just accents....

They are going to be overrun.

Mark my words.

HangryHippo Guest

I couldn’t love this more! Can’t wait to try it.

15. Default Re: Flamingo Tiki Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Mark my words.
    Yep.

Mark my words.
    My thoughts exactly, I cannot wait to spend a small fortune here.

Very cool. High on my priority list to visit next time I make it to OKC.

The pink drink looks good! I am going to give it a try!

Mark my words.
    Yeah if this is anything like The Saturn Room in Tulsa, which has been blowing and going for nearly a decade now, this place is going to kill it.

Very pretty interior. Maybe the pink stucco is to remind you to stock up on Pepto for the morning after?

I think I rather the biscuits than cocktails... but I Buttermilk was always third on my biscuit list. However, they were open later than my top two biscuit places so that was always a plus. Having a child probably makes my chances of going here less likely.

Revisiting this thread to report a recent visit. I was entertaining a friend from out of state and we decided to start our evening at Flamingo. It was great!

The ambiance and decor are exceptional, as were the drinks and service. The place was buzzing with people and there was a slight wait to get a couple of spots, but the cool, energetic vibe was what one would hope for in a hip, upcoming city.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Revisiting this thread to report a recent visit. I was entertaining a friend from out of state and we decided to start our evening at Flamingo. It was great!

The ambiance and decor are exceptional, as were the drinks and service. The place was buzzing with people and there was a slight wait to get a couple of spots, but the cool, energetic vibe was what one would hope for in a hip, upcoming city.
    Just curious what city/state your friend was from?

Thread Information