Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sauced on Paseo

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Sauced on Paseo

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    thetravellers, your time has come. I better see you there every day for a week, holding court on their patio.
    lmaooo

I am loving the 1980s Pizza Hut vibe. Super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    After a devastating fire, expansion and complete remodeling, Sauced in the Paseo is ready to open next week.

Now owned by Humankind Hospitality (Picasso Cafe. Frida. The Other Room, OSO and Flamingo), it will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 11 AM to Midnight every day.

There is still the great pizza by the slice or whole pies but also a larger menu.

More seating inside, a completely redone patio and the new bar is beautiful.

Stay tuned here and follow their social media to find out the exact day they open their doors as they finish up training and get ready to be a new all-day hangout spot in the heart of the Paseo.

bump

A few more...

The photo just inside the entrance is one of mine (I gave them my permission to print and use it).

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    TheTravellers, your time has come. I better see you there every day for a week, holding court on their patio.
    Too cold! Not gonna show up for a month or so, though, until they get their **** together like almost every other restaurant that opens here.

And actually, after looking at their menu, they've taken away at least one of our favorite pizzas (green chile sauce, can't remember the actual name, maybe just "enchilada pizza", have to look at their old menu), and I'm not sure if their "house crust" is the same as their old "hand-tossed", so they already may not be what they used to be (which can be either good or bad, or some of both). We will go, of course, but expectations have been tempered...

This is FABULOUS. Amazing design concept. Love the look of the new menu as well. (Peroni on draft for $5? Thank you)

I know this is said often, but this place is going to absolutely crush it if the pizza is up to snuff, and it may crush it even if it isn't.

What a warm and welcoming space.

Love the sign on the window.

Love the red booths and paneled walls!

Love the covered pergola; great idea in Oklahoma.

The bar upgrade - WOW. If anything, it may be a tad too upscale, but looks very nice.

Charm city all around.

Now, hopefully Travellers will offer his mea culpas for insisting that they rush this perfect-looking re-birth.

One thing that will be different is that after 11 AM (post breakfast) everything will be table service.

They didn't want the counter area getting jam-packed and also want to deliver great service (as they do at all their other places) so it will be nice to place your order and then not have to elbow your way to the bar or counter to get a drink.

Their food at all their places is great, so no reason not to expect the same.

This place is going to be a smash hit, especially now there is more room inside for crappy weather days.

A little hard to see but they are using a vintage Marantz receiver as part of their sound system.

The inside speakers are modern but with retro cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This is FABULOUS. Amazing design concept. Love the look of the new menu as well. (Peroni on draft for $5? Thank you)

I know this is said often, but this place is going to absolutely crush it if the pizza is up to snuff, and it may crush it even if it isn't.

What a warm and welcoming space.

Love the sign on the window.

Love the red booths and paneled walls!

Love the covered pergola; great idea in Oklahoma.

The bar upgrade - WOW. If anything, it may be a tad too upscale, but looks very nice.

Charm city all around.

Now, hopefully Travellers will offer his mea culpas for insisting that they rush this perfect-looking re-birth.
    Nope, not yet. Lots of restaurants took waaaaaaaaaaaay less time to open places that look just as good. Will wait to see if their pizzas are still as good as they used to be. Admittedly, it does look nice, great that they have more space and are stepping up their offerings, but still wondering what that one absolutely unobtainable piece of kitchen equipment was. Also wondering if they still deliver...

It is very nice but I hate the bathroom wallpaper, it made me very dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Also wondering if they still deliver...
    Also wondering this. My assumption/guess is that they won't (or at least won't deliver as part of their own operation - gotta assume they'll be on the apps that the other Humankind restaurants are on), but hoping they will. For as small as an operation as it was, Sauced's old delivery service/timing/etc. was remarkable.

They are going to offer 3rd party delivery.

Same service that OSO uses... It's a local company that directly interfaces with their point of sale.

Works great for OSO.

They will be available for delivery via the delivery apps, they won't be doing their own in-house delivery. ^Pete beat me to it.

Love the vintage Marantz system and JBLs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Nope, not yet. Lots of restaurants took waaaaaaaaaaaay less time to open places that look just as good. Will wait to see if their pizzas are still as good as they used to be. Admittedly, it does look nice, great that they have more space and are stepping up their offerings, but still wondering what that one absolutely unobtainable piece of kitchen equipment was. Also wondering if they still deliver...
    Wow. You are infinitely hard to impress. Life must be continually disappointing.

Imagine what that will look like for the many people who visit under the influence of psychedelics!

Blog Entries

A group of retired bicycle riders stopped by this afternoon. With the soft opening, drinks were free, had a glass of rose. Told the wife when I got home. She said, how many did you have? HahClick image for larger version. 

Name:	BAF5844A-A447-4710-97B4-A08B7401C50B.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	830.4 KB 
ID:	17887

What happened to this design? This looks much cooler.

They are going to offer 3rd party delivery.

Same service that OSO uses... It's a local company that directly interfaces with their point of sale.

Works great for OSO.
    Good to know. The other national ones are horrible with their fees (for both customers and restaurants), so I don't use them, ever. And yes, Timshel, agreed that their old delivery system was great, that's why we used the hell out of them.

[SIZE=3]

[/center]

I can see my apartment! I guess these were taken Saturday since I can see my car is gone as I was in Tulsa for the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    I can see my apartment! I guess these were taken Saturday since I can see my car is gone as I was in Tulsa for the weekend
    Sunday around 5:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Wow. You are infinitely hard to impress. Life must be continually disappointing.
    I haven't been inside nor eaten there. Not gonna have an opinion until I actually have some of their food eaten at the restaurant.

Never been, how much for a single slice?

Only association I make with this place is someone fell in an elevator shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Never been, how much for a single slice?
    Cheese is $4.

It really served as the Paseo's community hub. Looking forward to those vibes again.

Thread Information