Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Robert Square

Default Re: Robert Square

I wonder if they dug the pools? The rooftop views are probably some of the best in the city. It is my favorite angle of the skyline.

I went and looked last night. None of them have pools dug. It looked like they won't be.

Hats off to Pete and OKCTalk! In depth coverage available nowhere else. Much appreciated Pete!

these have been back on the market for a couple months now at almost $1.6M...

36 NE 7th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 | MLS #1063249 | Zillow

The entire time I was watching these get built, I couldn't come up with who their target demo is. The zillow listing with the Aston Martin pulled up to the sidewalk cracks me up

6. Default Re: Robert Square

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    The entire time I was watching these get built, I couldn't come up with who their target demo is. The zillow listing with the Aston Martin pulled up to the sidewalk cracks me up
    that's par for the course with that listing agent. sometimes they superimpose those images of the cars on all the TVs in the house lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    that's par for the course with that listing agent. sometimes they superimpose those images of the cars on all the TVs in the house lolz
    I know exactly who you are talking about without even looking at the listing.

Read the description. The half bath has GUCCI wallpaper...

And I echo Pete's statement. I knew who the listing agent was just from looking at the pics.

Although not on floorplans, looks like they want plenty of full size refrigerators. One picture looks like there is a full size refrigerator spot on the second floor next to a sink in the hallway? There also appears to maybe be a third floor landing not on floorplan going onto the roof and it has a spot built in for full size refrigerator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Although not on floorplans, looks like they want plenty of full size refrigerators. One picture looks like there is a full size refrigerator spot on the second floor next to a sink in the hallway? There also appears to maybe be a third floor landing not on floorplan going onto the roof and it has a spot built in for full size refrigerator.
    Yea the floorplan is basically laid out like having a guest suite attached via that long hallway on the second floor. So that little area in the hallway is supposed to be the kitchenette space for the 'guest house'. Which is super weird since the laundry room is next to it with another sink. And then just upstairs above the guest house you have another kitchenette for the rooftop party area.

And to top off the strange floorplan, you don't even have indoor access to your own garage, despite the guesthouse being above it and attached via the second floor.

11. Default Re: Robert Square

Surprised there isn't some kind of elevator element. Getting full size fridges into those spaces above is going to be a nightmare.

I also don't like how the front door opens up into the dining area that you have to walk through to get to the main part of the entertaining area.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Surprised there isn't some kind of elevator element. Getting full size fridges into those spaces above is going to be a nightmare.
    Beyond the fridges, the market for these types of homes is largely aging empty-nesters, and the lack of an elevator makes it much harder to age in place.

I went and checked out the unit that is finished and listed. I will say the finishes themselves are high-end, but the quality of the construction seemed suspect for a home listed at $1.4MM.

There were several head-scratchers in design that have been mentioned in this thread. The strange refrigerator spots are exactly just that. There is no elevator, but the realtor said the builder has option to add one in the courtyard if a buyer so desires. There is also a buildplan for glassing in the concrete corridor in the courtyard that would link the garage space to the kitchen area if buyer desires. One thing that really just screamed after-thought to me, two of the bedrooms have Juliet balconies with a nice sliding door for access. But then you go to the rooftop where an old-school hinged doubledoor swings out into the crosswind and basically slams into that light fixture you can see in the rooftop photos. Definitely will be needing sliding door for any kind of rooftop access in Oklahoma wind. The rooftop layout itself seems like it should have been reversed, the main hangout section is on the north end of the structure, which kind of defeats the whole skyline view. Also the decking used for the rooftop was already severely warped.

I would be surprised to see these sell anywhere near the 1.4 ask.

It's such a shame to see such prime real estate occupied by these unsightly houses. I'd much prefer to see a mixed-use development or apartment complex in that spot.

Thread Information