Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

Default Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

I've heard that Ron's (which recently closed in Mayfair Village) will reopen on November 1st at the Shoppes at Northpark (Northpark Mall).

2. Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

Thats great! I used to love me a good Ron's burger.

Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've heard that Ron's (which recently closed in Mayfair Village) will reopen on November 1st at the Shoppes at Northpark (Northpark Mall).
    Interesting. Any idea where?

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Interesting. Any idea where?
    Not sure but a good bet would be the space right at one of the entries facing May.

Lipsmackers had done a bunch of work in there before pulling the plug.

Those sausage burgers are to die for.

that's great for northpark! ...but was really hoping that they'd open a place in south okc.

Not sure but a good bet would be the space right at one of the entries facing May.

Lipsmackers had done a bunch of work in there before pulling the plug.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the Lipsmackers move. Well, I'm glad they'll be back. And even closer to my house than before.

This is nice to hear, but I wish it was a little closer to my usual stomping grounds. Reopening back in Mayfair Village after the renovations complete would have been great.

My friends on I grew up on Ron’s in Tulsa. It was one of our go to spots in high school, but I haven’t been in years.

Ron's is definitely going into the spot near the southern entrance of the mall, the same space Lipsmackers started working on but never finished.

Told people at Northpark Halloween yesterday evening that they will open this Thursday

12. Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

They better have the advertisements all over the tables like the old days!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    They better have the advertisements all over the tables like the old days!
    In the second photo I posted above, you can see one of the tables they moved from the Mayfair location.

I'm very excited for this.

15. Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

In the second photo I posted above, you can see one of the tables they moved from the Mayfair location.
    Well you all will see me there next weekend eating a chili burger until sick.

They opened today (Thursday) in Northpark.

Hours are 10:30 AM to 8 PM Monday through Saturday.

Wow. Those menus look like they could have come out of the 80s. That's not a bad thing, I love the look.

I've strangely never eaten at Ron's even though I've lived right by one for years. I'm tempted to try out the chili, but I'm always hesitant about trying chili at restaurants because I'm a strict purist (no onions or beans). It appears those are optional there so it may be worth a gamble.

The whole place -- even this newly-opened location -- looks straight out of the '80s.

For most, that's a big part of the charm. Pretty much a throw-back comfort food in large portions kind of place.

I don't think that lady was too pleased being photographed lol

Blog Entries

The whole place -- even this newly-opened location -- looks straight out of the '80s.

For most, that's a big part of the charm. Pretty much a throw-back comfort food in large portions kind of place.
    That's kinda funny, because back in the 80s when the original Ron's location was still open, it looked like it was from the 50s. Just a single counter with stools and a flattop grill on the other side of the counter with a guy named Ron cooking.

I live nearby and am interested in giving it a try. From the pictures, it appears they don't offer table service. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    I live nearby and am interested in giving it a try. From the pictures, it appears they don't offer table service. Is that correct?
    i've been to two different ron's locations (but not this new one) and they had table service at both.

23. Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

Ron's was always my fav on May. The good chili burger, one person serving food, the ads on the tables and one of those super old huge rear projection TVs with sports on.

24. Default Re: Ron's Hamburgers and Chili

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm tempted to try out the chili, but I'm always hesitant about trying chili at restaurants because I'm a strict purist (no onions or beans). It appears those are optional there so it may be worth a gamble.
    Ron's and, when it was still in business, Bricktown Burger were about the only places I would go to get chili I didn't make myself..... It's not quite competition style chili like I cook but if I need a chili fix it's good enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Ron's and, when it was still in business, Bricktown Burger were about the only places I would go to get chili I didn't make myself..... It's not quite competition style chili like I cook but if I need a chili fix it's good enough to get the job done.
    As an aside, I made this chili over the weekend and while not traditional, it was one of the best I've ever had.

https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-chili-recipe

Thread Information