Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OU Tulane Game

Default Re: OU Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Good catch Boulder. I was of the belief there was a 85 player limit and did not count all the players. After seeing more than 11 on the first page I jumped to a conclusion.
    all good 85 is the scholarship limit .. .but that doesn't include walk ons ..

HangryHippo Guest

Teams are capped at 125, but the average is 105.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Curtis Fitzpatrick is not affiliated with OU, Tulane, or ABC. When OU notifies season ticket holders of another game then I will give some creedance to various reports.
    This happened this afternoon. The game is in Norman at 11 am

Anyone else get OU-Tulane tickets through OU but are not going to the game in Norman this weekend? Curious how they will do refunds

Much closer game than I was expecting.

6. Default Re: OU Tulane Game

All the pregame discussions I heard talked about how their QB was going to have no time to pass. That was not the case. Defensive line and the secondary need to get better fast.

I was surprised at how bad OU’s defense looked. Is Mike Stoops back on the staff?

That’s what I thought as well but then the announcers said that this is supposed to be an impressive defense, so I tried to mellow out some, then came the second half. That second half has me about as pessimistic as I’ve felt in awhile about the defense, partially because the offense didn’t look very consistent which really highlights when the defense is struggling. When they (the offense) had big plays, they looked unstoppable but then at times they would struggle to get the ball further than a couple of yards down the field at a time.

Overall, I feel like the result was more a case of OU getting up big and taking their foot off the gas and it made it look a lot scarier than it otherwise would’ve. We’ll see how it progresses in the upcoming weeks. I think at the very least we’ll see OU drop some in the standings but hopefully they can recompose themselves early on in the season.

OU to SEC? They are going to get blasted on the regular. Those teams are aggressive playing clean but hard nosed football. OU style of play (finesse) on offense and no defense will lead to average seasons. Don’t bet on this team beating Tex or ISU. Definitely not a top 5 team

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    OU to SEC? They are going to get blasted on the regular. Those teams are aggressive playing clean but hard nosed football. OU style of play (finesse) on offense and no defense will lead to average seasons. Don’t bet on this team beating Tex or ISU. Definitely not a top 5 team
    It was a poor showing in the second half but I wouldn’t give up on them yet. All it takes is a quick look at the scores yesterday to see they weren’t the only ranked team to stumble a bit out of the gate. At least they didn’t lose or get destroyed like several heavily favored teams did. The SEC outside of Alabama didn’t exactly look like a power house Conference either, especially with LSU almost getting run off the field by UCLA. ATM’s QB had 4 INTs and they were locked in a close game with Kent St until the second half and Georgia, while great on defense, was rough on the offensive side (though obviously Clemson was a big time opponent for a first game). Texas looked improved though I don’t know that I’d prop up ISU who had a similar start to OU but against an FCS school with their 16-10 win over Northern Iowa. KSU on the other hand looked very good.

OU had a shaky start in kind of a weird game scenario but it isn’t the end of the world. At least they won. Now if we’re having the same conversations after Nebraska or a few weeks of Conference play…then we should definitely be concerned.

11. Default Re: OU Tulane Game

If my memory serves OU has had a number of pretty bad first and/or second games in the last 10 years or more. Hopefully that's all yesterday was and it didn't show us at all what the defense is really like.

Here you go again. Last year OU was 1 and 2 after 3 games losing to K-State and Iowa State. Then won out including the Big 12 conference championship. Ask Florida (SEC) how the Cotton bowl turned out for them. So you won't have to look it up, OU 55 - Florida 20.

Still curious about refunds for this game. I had tickets when the game was in New Orleans but haven’t seen anything from OU. Actually had paper tickets mailed to me which was strange.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Still curious about refunds for this game. I had tickets when the game was in New Orleans but haven’t seen anything from OU. Actually had paper tickets mailed to me which was strange.
    Same here. If you hear anything, please share.

15. Default Re: OU Tulane Game

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Same here. If you hear anything, please share.
    You need to go through Tulane to get your refund. My sister, who got my tickets, got her refund last week.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    You need to go through Tulane to get your refund. My sister, who got my tickets, got her refund last week.
    Yep. My parents are in the process of doing the same thing per the instructions they recieved from the OU Athletic department.

Yes, just like when they blasted a top SEC team in their game before Tulane. lol. This year's team may or may not end up a top 5 team, but the notion that OU is going to just be blasted into oblivion in the SEC is silly. It was a bad game. No question. But I'm not ready to throw the white flag to an Iowa State team that only beat an FCS team by 6 points in their opener.

Thread Information