Widgets Magazine

Thread: Edmond Code Enforcment?

Default Edmond Code Enforcment?

While I appreciate the city of Edmond requiring new businesses to have a percentage of landscaping included in their site plans -it appears, in many cases, the landscaping is neglected with weeds, dead bushes and trees in a short amount of time. I noticed this at the new Taco Bell at I35 and the new Braum's on Covell.

My question is, if the city requires a business to landscape is there any accountability, from the business, to maintain their landscaping? Would this issue fall under code enforcement? Just wondering......

Default Re: Edmond Code Enforcment?

I know a few local business owners who have said the “community image” department is up their ass all the time. I would rather code enforcement focus more on corporate chains than local businesses.

Compared to regional suburb cities like Broken Arrow, Plano, Frisco, Southlake and Overland Park, Kansas, Edmond seems to be pretty lax on landscaping requirements. It makes me wonder if Edmond is becoming a more unkempt city. Edmond population is not growing very much either. It seems to struggle with making the 100,000 threshold. All the other above listed communities seems to have become more business oriented and are not classified as bedroom communities. I am surprised that Edmond standards seem to be slipping? I guess to many NIMBYS? (lol).

The latest census estimates are pretty skewed from the pandemic I’d be willing to guess. If you drive around Edmond the amount of construction and visible growth is pretty wowing. There are subdivisions sprouting up like weeds similar to the areas north of Dallas in east Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    The latest census estimates are pretty skewed from the pandemic I’d be willing to guess. If you drive around Edmond the amount of construction and visible growth is pretty wowing. There are subdivisions sprouting up like weeds similar to the areas north of Dallas in east Edmond.
    That is good to know, however, I would like to see Edmond attract high quality businesses preferably, corporate headquarters with high sustainable wages. People with high incomes, invest in their properties and care about their communities!

I agree. I think the city is doing just that with the east Edmond plan that is underway.

Code enforcement in Edmond, as has been explained to me when I called them in the past, is based on people submitting complaints. They don't drive around looking for things out of compliance.

You can easily file complaints online.

Thread Information