Widgets Magazine

Thread: Swig

Default Swig

Last Saturday Yesterday's we went to the store and we saw a new building said Swig coming soon and the behind of the Schlotzsky's restaurant.

www.swignsweets.com

https://www.centraloklahomaweeklies....-midwest-city/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-01 093727.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	17001  

Default Re: Swig Coming Soon at Midwest City on the S. Air Depot Blvd and S.E 29th St.

^

This is the same chain that is opening a spot in the Market at Czech Hall near Yukon:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...14#post1154714

3. Default Re: Swig Coming Soon at Midwest City on the S. Air Depot Blvd and S.E 29th St.

So it's a place that just does drinks? Am I missing something?

Default Re: Swig Coming Soon at Midwest City on the S. Air Depot Blvd and S.E 29th St.

It reminds me of a Sonic...without burgers etc.

5. Default Re: Swig Coming Soon at Midwest City on the S. Air Depot Blvd and S.E 29th St.

That's a pretty hardcore niche market then. I guess we'll see if people want to go somewhere for just a drink (that mostly doesn't seem that unique).

I drove by the Swig location and the building looks to be complete from the outside. They already have a sign on the building. I imagine it should be open for business before Halloween arrives.

Default Re: Swig

Swig opened today in MWC today to booming business; took the photo below around 4PM.

All their stores are drive-thru only.

The location at Czech Hall Marketplace near Crest opens 10/22.

They are also planning a location in Norman at University Town Center and in Edmond, most likely on Bryant & Briarwood Drive. I assume someone local bought a franchise because all their other locations are in Utah, where they were founded.

They have a crazy amount of flavored sodas, cookies and some small snacks.

https://swig-orders.crispnow.com/locations/menu

We've had this in Oklahoma for 70 years, Its called Sonic

Checked out their menu is pretty interesting the flavor combinations they promote. and interesting they are drinks and basically cookies and pretzel bites. it amazes me a business can survive on Drinks alone but the markup is amazing and it certainly keeps sonic going. the Texas Tea places also intrigue me and are hard for me to wrap my head around that being a concept but good for them. I'm interested in trying Swigs Sparkling water drinks.

10. Default Re: Swig

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Checked out their menu is pretty interesting the flavor combinations they promote. and interesting they are drinks and basically cookies and pretzel bites. it amazes me a business can survive on Drinks alone but the markup is amazing and it certainly keeps sonic going..
    When I had my hobby game store in Del City drinks were huge for us with a dedicated gaming area and holding regular tournaments..... We got almost 300% markup on sodas while we were running a really slim profit line on our gaming product.

yah i sometimes forget the margins on drinks as they get lost in a ticket for dinner but are a huge profit for sure.

Starbucks seems to do okay selling drinks.

The Swig in the Czech Hall Marketplace opens tomorrow (Friday).

HangryHippo Guest

It’s been open for a few days now. The lines have been insane.

The location in MWC had crazy lines for a few weeks. It's now died down. I was able to pull up at lunch with no one in line the other day. I had a Diet DP with raspberry and coconut. Very good!

The Dutch Bros. down the road on 15th ALWAYS has long lines no matter what time of day it is. They're going to absolutely smash it in the OKC area.

16. Default Re: Swig

Driving around Edmond over the weekend. The new Swig over by Hafer Park had a line backed up onto Bryant. Surprised Edmond Police let that happen.

I’ll admit it: I don’t understand the obsession over a soda stand. These are very easy to make at your house. Don’t even need special equipment.

So this is just sonic without food?

Wife and kids brought home some drinks after school one day last week and while their drinks were good, there's no way I'd wait in line the 35+ minutes they did. I would say the drinks are better than Sonic as the carbonated soda water Swig uses just tastes really clean and crisp, if that makes any sense. Not that I dislike Sonic because we stop there for drinks during happy hour all the time with no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    So this is just sonic without food?
    ...and better marketing?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfZghvFjO7y/?hl=en

I've been told they gained their following via creative marketing and a huge following on TikTok.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Wife and kids brought home some drinks after school one day last week and while their drinks were good, there's no way I'd wait in line the 35+ minutes they did. I would say the drinks are better than Sonic as the carbonated soda water Swig uses just tastes really clean and crisp, if that makes any sense. Not that I dislike Sonic because we stop there for drinks during happy hour all the time with no complaints.
    If you have the Sonic app...the drinks are always happy hour price regardless of the time.

Swig getting lots of love from Berkshire Hathaway. The Edmond car line is so long it's blocking the MoBettah Hawaiian drive thru. We joked that their sign should be changed to say "Swig. It's not just a drink...it's a five car pile up."
    I'm not clear what a "dirty soda" is, but that's the big hook there.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Swig getting lots of love from Berkshire Hathaway. The Edmond car line is so long it's blocking the MoBettah Hawaiian drive thru. We joked that their sign should be changed to say "Swig. It's not just a drink...it's a five car pile up."
    I'm not clear what a "dirty soda" is, but that's the big hook there.
    A soda with mix-ins. Could be creamer, could be a fruit flavor. TikTok help propel the popularity, of what is basically a trendier Sonic drink.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    A soda with mix-ins. Could be creamer, could be a fruit flavor. TikTok help propel the popularity, of what is basically a trendier Sonic drink.
    If it's creamer, the milk and Pepsi trend was long before TikTok, thanks to Laverne DeFazio.

Thread Information