• Tunnels!

4 25.00%
  • Hybrid

2 12.50%
  • Boulevards everywhere!

3 18.75%

Thread: Tulsa IDL

Default Tulsa IDL

It looks like some serious traction is starting to gain with either removing outright I-244 or making it a tunnel or a hybrid with park caps. I hope they go with a full on tunnel and completely remove I-444 converting it to a boulevard.

Here is the article from TW:

“ Alternatives to downtown Tulsa's inner dispersal loop are the subject of an interim study approved in recent weeks by state Speaker of the House Charles McCall, R-Atoka.”

- https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ok...9668183a0.html

Default Re: Tulsa IDL

I don’t think there really is any “serious traction”.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I don’t think there really is any “serious traction”.
    We’ll see. Biden’s hard infrastructure package has a lot of money for freeway removal(as stupid as I think that is) and Biden spoke in Tulsa about the race massacre. No doubt he has been made aware of the disconnect the I-244 road has in the Greenwood district. I’ve seen several articles about it and now there’s legislation in the house to study it.

So provide me an example of a project that had “serious traction” and the steps it took to become a reality because from what I know this is how it starts.

PS, you have this extremely annoying habit of responding with things like “no that it isn’t true” and providing absolutely zero additional perspective on why you think that. It’s like you think posters here have a responsibility to encourage you to engage beyond a few words of your precious wisdom. I’m not trying to say you’re a bad poster but I want to let you know that is extremely annoying.

Out of curiosity I drove to Tulsa today to check out this and see rush hour traffic here. It was my impression that I-444 should be removed entirely and converted to a boulevard. Construct an eight lane double bored tunnel from the current I-444 ends. I’m sure a project like that just for the tunnel would be 1-2 billion dollars at minimum. Could also add a tunnel portal in front of the BOK center.

As for removing I-444, remove that freeway and convert it to a boulevard. Have US-64 convert to a boulevard at 15th ST. This would do wonders to connect downtown to the rest of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

PS, you have this extremely annoying habit of responding with things like “no that it isn’t true” and providing absolutely zero additional perspective on why you think that. It’s like you think posters here have a responsibility to encourage you to engage beyond a few words of your precious wisdom. I’m not trying to say you’re a bad poster but I want to let you know that is extremely annoying.
    it is not my job to post research for you ....... but i will let you know when things are not true ..

in this case one legislator wanted a study on this ..... the city of Tulsa .. and Tulsa business didn't ask for this study .. and don't want this road removed .

thus there is no "serious traction" to get it removed ..

will this study start a wave for people to want this removed? maybe Will that lead to actual traction of any kind to get it removed? maybe .. but any "traction" to get it removed is a long way from now .. ..

I already posted my evidence and you responded to it with absolutely no hard evidence in return just a ridiculous “no that’s not true.”

I think this is in the same boat as the 235 cap in OKC. Likely going to happen at some point but still many years from actually happening. I like the idea of a surface boulevard replacing 244 between 75 and 412 and think this will really help reconnect the Greenwood neighborhood.

Thread Information