Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Default 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

A nice article by FP OKC about two new challengers to Holt. Personally I’ve been satisfied with Holt and think he should be given 4 more years. Jimmy Lawson and Jason Padgett have announced their candidacy. More details here:

https://freepressokc.com/an-early-lo...mary-feb-2022/

Default Re: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Gee - I wonder what demo Jason Padgett is going for.

https://jp4okc.com/the-plan/

I have heard from people in every corner of our community. They are saying, “Enough is enough! Not in my OKC!”

✓ No more treating our police as the enemy.
    ✓ No more making OKC a national magnet for homeless relocation.
    ✓ No more firing-up downtown arenas while people are freezing in their homes from blackouts.
    ✓ No cancel culture.
    ✓ No mask mandates.
    And the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Gee - I wonder what demo Jason Padgett is going for.

https://jp4okc.com/the-plan/
    One of his main points seems to be school shutdowns. How is one vote on the CITY council going to change public school decisions? Also, who got canceled?

Holt will destroy any comers.

He's at least as popular as Mick Cornett and maybe even more so.

HOLT will demolish any new comers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    HOLT will demolish any new comers.
    Man, I don’t know. He could be in serious trouble if Steve Hunt decides to enter the race.

^^^ LolOlllOl Hunt will really mop the floor once he makes known to the public the issue of vibrancy.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...lt/8210969002/
    This was in the oklahoman this morning and it pretty much says that Jason Padgett the very conservative candidate for OKC Mayor only has like 2 cents left in his back pocket for his campaign and it also mention that his campaign manager told the oklahoman that she can't talk about the campaign for Mayor. It sounds like he is finish and could easily dropped out of the race.

Lol saw that.

Blog Entries

Wonder whom nutty Carol Hefner will back now in her quixotic crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Wonder whom nutty Carol Hefner will back now in her quixotic crusade.
    If you look at her FB page, she is involved in the announcement of a new conservative candidate who will announce at 2PM today.

https://frankurbanic.com/

My platform is straightforward.

Respect. Mayor Holt pushed policies that were disrespectful of law enforcement, the people of Oklahoma City, and businesses in Oklahoma City. We need a mayor who respects individual liberty, private property rights, and limited government. I’m pro-business and pro-worker. My record of fighting for people and businesses throughout Oklahoma speaks for itself.

Follow the Law. Mayor Holt’s Covid-19 proclamations shutting down businesses were unlawful abuses of power. I filed a lawsuit against OKC in November 2020 on behalf of seven Oklahoma City plaintiffs to stop Mayor Holt from threatening workers with six months of jail time for simply trying to earn a living. Mayor Holt backed down and rescinded his unlawful proclamation 11 days after he issued it. I will follow the law and not shut businesses down.

Stop Wasteful Spending. Mayor Holt cheerleads tax increases. I will not. People come to Oklahoma for its low cost of living and economic freedom. Mayor Holt’s policies will destroy the very reason people come here. I will look for ways to reduce spending. For example, OKC has budgeted $5 million for the streetcars next year. Hardly anyone rides the streetcars, so that money could be better allocated elsewhere or not taken in the first place.

Criminal Justice Reform. Mayor Holt has not done enough to promote criminal justice reform. I will use my legal expertise to advocate for a safer city and common-sense criminal justice reforms. Some things are simple, such as opening the lobby of the Oklahoma City Police Department, which has been closed for over a year and a half. Also, people arrested by OCPD should be allowed to see all the evidence that would be used against them.

Is that the guy that came to the recent council meeting and spoke with the Hefners?

Blog Entries

Oh yes let's waste 140M by not spending 5M a year. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Is that the guy that came to the recent council meeting and spoke with the Hefners?
    Yes.

Feel free to delete/move if it is too blatantly political, but I find it quite interesting that the state's Republican Party (of which Holt is a member, of course) is practically endorsing the new challenger: https://www.facebook.com/OKGOP/posts/10157990431960706. Maybe not too surprising given how right-wing their leadership has become, but interesting nonetheless and telling of where things are these days. In any event, this guy at least seems to have a more thoroughly backed campaign than Padgett ever did.

Very, very strange that he is announcing in front of Whiskey Nights at 10th & MacArthur.

Must be owned by one of his friends, but still... Very odd.

Glad to know he will be wasting GOP funds and still not get elected. Holt has this on lock.

I'm voting for Holt.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Feel free to delete/move if it is too blatantly political, but I find it quite interesting that the state's Republican Party (of which Holt is a member, of course) is practically endorsing the new challenger: https://www.facebook.com/OKGOP/posts/10157990431960706. Maybe not too surprising given how right-wing their leadership has become, but interesting nonetheless and telling of where things are these days. In any event, this guy at least seems to have a more thoroughly backed campaign than Padgett ever did.
    The chairman of the OKGOP endorsed and is actively campaigning for James Lankford's primary opponent. It wouldn't be surprising to see the current OKGOP endorse a candidate that is further to the right of Holt. It's probably not the smartest battle to pick as I assume the election wont be very close regardless.

Blog Entries

Holt has been great for OKC; let's keep him as our mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Holt has been great for OKC; let's keep him as our mayor.
    . . . long time Republican. . .Holt!!!!

Thread Information