Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
Personally, I think the SEC is the best place for us to go. Now I'm not pretending to be any sort of expert on recruiting or what not, but I think a move to the Big10 might cut off most of our Texas or southern recruiting and then where would we be? I just have to look at Nebraska and see that they've been essentially cut off of the flow of recruits from Texas and look at them now. There's no draw for players and their families to go to Nebraska when they can (seemingly soon) sign with Texas and play in "the best" conference in the SEC and and basically stay at home in Texas. I can see the same thing happening to OU if they took off to the north. Texas historically has been the state that OU constantly recruits. Staying in the SEC they can tell a recruit hey, you can come here to your back yard and play in the best league, be part of our rich tradition and history, and your parents can watch you on TV all the time or come to several games throughout the year. Now some players like to leave and cross the country from their homes to play at schools, but I believe many of them prefer to stay in their general region. I do think that we can even start poaching some of those 5-star players from Florida and other parts of the SE because now they'd still be in the SEC and for the other aforementioned reasons. On the other hand, I do think that our prestige and classiness belongs in the Big10, but I just look at the whole recruiting thing. When I think of SEC I do NOT think of class and finesse, rather 'snake pit', dirty, cheating, etc. I'll stop myself before I go down that road I know cheating and stuff is everywhere, but IDK. But OU and Texas does bring major class to the SEC.
Really good points