Widgets Magazine

Thread: New Sports Complex in Edmond?

Default New Sports Complex in Edmond?

I'm hearing more solid information about the sports complex being built near the Showbiz movie theater off of I-35 and Covell. Assuming this info is accurate, you can imagine how busy that area of town will become. I suspect more eating establishments and addition hotels popping up soon.

Default Re: New Sports Complex in Edmond?

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I'm hearing more solid information about the sports complex being built near the Showbiz movie theater off of I-35 and Covell. Assuming this info is accurate, you can imagine how busy that area of town will become. I suspect more eating establishments and addition hotels popping up soon.
    And hopefully stoplights.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    And hopefully stoplights.
    the lights at Covell and the on/off ramps at I35 start work in the next 30 days and will be done within 6 months ..

supposed to be on the west side of I35 but we shall see ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    supposed to be on the west side of I35 but we shall see ..
    I think the east side was the original plan. Since development has been very slow for that area, perhaps the west side became a better deal? But yes, we shall see :-)

Yeah the east side was the original plan.

I think the east side was the original plan. Since development has been very slow for that area, perhaps the west side became a better deal? But yes, we shall see :-)
    Sorry I meant the east side. My bad.

the lights at Covell and the on/off ramps at I35 start work in the next 30 days and will be done within 6 months ..
    IIRC, they will widen some of the ramps as well for more queuing capacity.

Any update on the stoplight progress? It has been 30 days and they still have not started.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Any update on the stoplight progress? It has been 30 days and they still have not started.
    the city says that they are waiting on delivery of the traffic lights and related equipment .

The I-35 exit to Danforth is a joke. Now there's a new Francis Tuttle tech being built on E. Danforth plus all the new homes being built.....most of that part of Danforth is just two lane.
    https://www.francistuttle.edu/about/...tions/danforth

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    The I-35 exit to Danforth is a joke. Now there's a new Francis Tuttle tech being built on E. Danforth plus all the new homes being built.....most of that part of Danforth is just two lane.
    https://www.francistuttle.edu/about/...tions/danforth
    I agree! I wish they would widen I-35 to the Guthrie exit and add on and off ramps at every major cross street. (Danforth, Coffee Creek, Sorghum Mill, etc.)

I'd like to see the Covell and Danforth interchanges be reconstructed the same as the one's ODOT put in at I-35/Main St. in Norman and I-40 and Morgan Rd. And I agree with adding offramp at the other miles through Edmond as well. Even if they didn't do them at every mile, maybe at Coffee Creek to help disperse the current offramp traffic. There's a lot of folks living out there and rush hour, those offramp are awful.

14. Default Re: New Sports Complex in Edmond?

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I'd like to see the Covell and Danforth interchanges be reconstructed the same as the one's ODOT put in at I-35/Main St. in Norman and I-40 and Morgan Rd. And I agree with adding offramp at the other miles through Edmond as well. Even if they didn't do them at every mile, maybe at Coffee Creek to help disperse the current offramp traffic. There's a lot of folks living out there and rush hour, those offramp are awful.
    Agreed!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single...an_interchange

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Wasnt there going to be a reverse diamond interchange here? Or maybe another I35 intersection in Edmond but I thought they were doing one of those somewhere.

The only interchange ODOT seems to have plans for is a diverging diamond interchange at Waterloo road in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Wasnt there going to be a reverse diamond interchange here? Or maybe another I35 intersection in Edmond but I thought they were doing one of those somewhere.
    Yes and I think I read somewhere that they are even moving the Waterloo interchange up. . . . maybe? I can't remember. They can't build it soon enough.

Thread Information