Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Got it. Well good news then hopefully it all gets resolved.

2. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

It sounds like it would be huge for Edmond if they could make it work.

3. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Wrong thread

Noticed dirt being moved again. Assuming it's staging for nearby construction projects?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Signage, landscaping requirements, setbacks, which materials are allowed, the city staff is abysmal, etc.

Several prominent CRE developers have completely sworn Edmond off for the above reasons. They've taken their capital to Yukon, Moore, etc. and made handsome returns.
    Edmond has tons of development going on. And having standards for landscaping, signage etc isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Guthrie has very, very lax standards and people aren’t flocking there to develop. There will always be some who want to build to the lowest standards and there is a market for that, so if landscaping and appearance isn’t important to them or their market, they can find places to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Edmond has tons of development going on. And having standards for landscaping, signage etc isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Guthrie has very, very lax standards and people aren’t flocking there to develop. There will always be some who want to build to the lowest standards and there is a market for that, so if landscaping and appearance isn’t important to them or their market, they can find places to do that.
    Does it though? Sure, downtown has seen some activity but outside of the large apartment complex, its relatively minor stuff. Look at EEDA reports on building permits and usually the big dollar items are public and school projects. Not saying its stagnant, but Im not sure "tons" is the word I would use. It could be so much more IMO, with a friendlier attitude from the city that is. You also cant discount the NIMBYs, theyve certainly ran off some large proposed developments as well.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Does it though? Sure, downtown has seen some activity but outside of the large apartment complex, its relatively minor stuff. Look at EEDA reports on building permits and usually the big dollar items are public and school projects. Not saying its stagnant, but Im not sure "tons" is the word I would use. It could be so much more IMO, with a friendlier attitude from the city that is. You also cant discount the NIMBYs, theyve certainly ran off some large proposed developments as well.
    Agree. I’d argue for quality over quantity, but I wouldn’t say we are even getting quality with the minimal development growth we are seeing. By minimal, I am saying that in comparison to others say in Texas and compared to the potential.

It's pretty obvious developers are bypassing Edmond. Compare the Covell/I-35 corridor to Mustang Crossing in OKC/Yukon/Mustang. Housing east of I-35 has exploded in the last few years but retail development is greatly lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by EdOkCounty View Post
    It's pretty obvious developers are bypassing Edmond. Compare the Covell/I-35 corridor to Mustang Crossing in OKC/Yukon/Mustang. Housing east of I-35 has exploded in the last few years but retail development is greatly lagging.
    Pretty soon you will be able to compare I-35/Covell with I-35/Waterloo.

Does anyone know if the proposed development at the Hallmark Farms property got the green light? There were a ton of NIMBYS out for that one. Most of the proposed development actually fell inside of OKC city limits but there was a small portion that was in Edmond Proper.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Does anyone know if the proposed development at the Hallmark Farms property got the green light? There were a ton of NIMBYS out for that one. Most of the proposed development actually fell inside of OKC city limits but there was a small portion that was in Edmond Proper.
    I think the new zoning was approved, but the property still shows on the market, so I don't know if anything has closed yet. I actually live in the neighborhood backing up to the property. My understanding is that it's going to be mostly retail, that if there was any multifamily that it's not happening or it has been scaled back. Wellington Park is getting a new phase built on the south side of the pond.

We certainly miss feeding the horses and donkeys on our walks.

Quote Originally Posted by EdOkCounty View Post
    But the appeal to Edmond retailers building further and further north puts them closer to the Enid and Stillwater consumers. Their combined population is around 100,000. Growth in Enid and Stillwater has been slow to stagnant, so not many retailers looking to locate there. Edmond is where it's at.

There has been a lot of movement on this site this week as it looks like they are working to finish the pad sites for restaurants/retail along 2nd. I have not seen any additional plans released for this site. Any updates?

14. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

Mr. French is continuing work on the restaurant sites and making the pads and area look more build ready to sell them easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    There has been a lot of movement on this site this week as it looks like they are working to finish the pad sites for restaurants/retail along 2nd. I have not seen any additional plans released for this site. Any updates?
    City council members and staff stated they still support the park at their annual strategic meeting.

https://nondoc.com/2023/11/08/projec...nning-meeting/

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Mr. French is continuing work on the restaurant sites and making the pads and area look more build ready to sell them easier.
    Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

There is now what appears (in the dark at 6 am) a concrete base poured at the southeast corner. You can see in Pete’s pic above where they were lining it out. Pretty big so wondering if it’s a pedestal for a statue or there will be a sign on top or what.

19. Default Re: Uncommon Ground Park (2nd & Coltrane)

It's one of the big pieces Mr French already had commissioned. Same artist who did the land run monument. I haven't seen final design, but I'm pretty sure it has a bunch of horses

Looks like the park is possibly getting close to moving forward again

https://nondoc.com/2023/12/19/edmond...ZlEzeCwyIVDW1E

And yes the corner is for a horse sculpture to be installed soon. Mentioned in this article as wellIMG_0620.jpeg

The statue is here. Valley of the Horse
    https://www.edmondok.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1085

The sculpture has been set. I got a picture as I drove by, but it's mostly telephone and power poles, cause I'm not great at taking pictures from a moving vehicle, so I'll just let the city of edmond's twitter feed do the work for me

https://x.com/CityofEdmond/status/17...411351380?s=20

Anybody ITK have any updates on this? Dirt moves. Then it moves elsewhere. They did some updates to the base of the horse statue. Are we still at a standstill here? Definitely off? Moving forward? Just curious

Thread Information