Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It seems to have a reputation for good quality and a lower price-point than Starbucks.

Lots of positive feedback on social media.
    Seems like they have a very real shot of remedying the egregious lack of Dunkin Donuts in the greater OKC area.

Does anyone know why the location at Reno & Macarthur still hasn't opened?

Edmond is getting one. 15th & Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Does anyone know why the location at Reno & Macarthur still hasn't opened?
    They're probably re-thinking that location. That stretch of Macarthur is a **** show

It opens on Wed 11/10...btw

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Edmond is getting one. 15th & Broadway
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Man, we fell in love with this coffee while in Colorado. I wonder if it'll be going in right there on the corder where the abandoned Circle K is. If it is, I hope they're able to go a little into the large parking lot in front of the larger shopping center behind. Each location we went to and drove by in COS, they constantly had lines at all hours of the day and evening while they were open.

Taken today; this is the location on SE 15th in Midwest City; it's directly across from the Warren Theater:

It certainly is more attractive than the solid dark gray one in Stillwater. Dutch Bros. recently sold public stock, so they will have money to build a lot more locations.

The grand opening of Dutch Bros. reviewed in a couple of local Stillwater papers:

https://www.ocolly.com/lifestyle/new...c28f0cb1e.html

https://www.ocolly.com/west-coast-co...63cb9075b.html

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/du...3045e2bef.html

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Man, we fell in love with this coffee while in Colorado. I wonder if it'll be going in right there on the corder where the abandoned Circle K is. If it is, I hope they're able to go a little into the large parking lot in front of the larger shopping center behind. Each location we went to and drove by in COS, they constantly had lines at all hours of the day and evening while they were open.
    Yes.

The location in Yukon has now hiring signs.

The starting pay is $8.25 an hour.

Disgusting. I was excited to try it but I'm not now.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post

Is the last line serious?

They probably get tips too.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Is the last line serious?
    It is.

The way I spend my money is important to me. I try to go out of my way to find businesses that support my beliefs.

I try dine at family own restaurants, fill up my gas at family owned or small business c-stores, and I try avoid Walmart and Amazon whenever possible. Those businesses make enough money. I can do without them.

I guess I would like to believe smaller businesses treat their employees better. I know that's not always the case, but I'm pro labor rights and against big business.

I'm naive and I know it, but we have enough corporations in the US. I want to see a better life for everyone. A wage that low is ridiculous to me.

13. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

^^ I tend to agree, within reason. Maybe this is a local franchise starting up a couple of locations here? I'm open to supporting something like this vs a Walmart.
    And as mentioned above, there are probably some tips involved.

It is.

The way I spend my money is important to me. I try to go out of my way to find businesses that support my beliefs.

I try dine at family own restaurants, fill up my gas at family owned or small business c-stores, and I try avoid Walmart and Amazon whenever possible. Those businesses make enough money. I can do without them.

I guess I would like to believe smaller businesses treat their employees better. I know that's not always the case, but I'm pro labor rights and against big business.

I'm naive and I know it, but we have enough corporations in the US. I want to see a better life for everyone. A wage that low is ridiculous to me.
    Dutch Bros isn't a smaller business, they have what looks like over 100 locations, easily, so if you're against big business, you probably shouldn't go there.

I think they can offer that wage all they want, but that doesn't mean they will get any takers. Market looks like it gonna take much higher to hire anybody.

They will not get workers at that wage in this city. Thanks for the heads up. It says a lot about how little they value their employees. So, I will continue to patronize other coffee establishments.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    They will not get workers at that wage in this city. Thanks for the heads up. It says a lot about how little they value their employees. So, I will continue to patronize other coffee establishments.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm not saying employees won't make more through tips but it's a drive thru coffee shop. How many people tip Starbucks employees at the window?

You would hope a company that has over 10,000 locations would be able to pay their employees more than $8.25 an hour.

You would hope a company that has over 10,000 locations would be able to pay their employees more than $8.25 an hour.
    Is this a company owned store or a franchisee? Makes a big difference.

But I agree, they're going to have some difficulty filling those positions at $8.25.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm not saying employees won't make more through tips but it's a drive thru coffee shop. How many people tip Starbucks employees at the window?
    Sometimes we do, depends on if the service, which it always should.

Yukon location opened yesterday. Crew very friendly and speedy.

Is the 23rd St. one still on? Lot's been cleared, but there's (still?) a "For Info" realtor sign up on it.

Are they putting one up at council and I-40. What is that little building going up at the i-40 west bound ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Are they putting one up at council and I-40. What is that little building going up at the i-40 west bound ramp.
    I wondered that too. There is also a new Starbucks going in around the corner from there.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    It will be a Scooter's Coffee.

It will be a Scooter's Coffee.
    Is this what they are putting in next to Freddy’s on Penn?

Thread Information