Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dutch Bros. Coffee

1. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    Noticed they even had someone in the median twirling a sign this morning
    Yikes

2. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Agreed, we tried it once and it was barely OK. We don't do Dunkin or Stella Nova much (Classen Coffee is our go-to, and we're guessing Summer Moon will be another go-to once we've tried them), but Scooters is definitely not very good compared to almost anybody else.
    After a couple of totally messed up orders and faulty cups/lids..... I totally wrote off Scooters.

I like Classen and Neon but I really like Summer Moon's flavor.... You can pick up anywhere from a hint to a fairly strong flavor of the oak they roast their beans with and I like it a lot.

With that said I am not a fan of Summer Moon's Moon Milk.... It's a sweet cream and I don't like sweet coffee. But they do have plain heavy cream and I enjoy a splash of that in my coffee.

Used to only drink my coffee black but after 3 years of Keto and drinking bulletproof coffee as a meal. I still like a little cream in my coffee despite no longer being 100% Keto.

Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dutch Bros. planning another location on the NE corner of NW 58th and May on the site of Armando's.

Seriously doubt this will happen. Armando's is open and busy every single time we drive past.

Seriously doubt this will happen. Armando's is open and busy every single time we drive past.
    The property was recently sold to an investment group out of Dallas for $2.65 million.

I'm sure they had a deal in hand with Dutch Bros for far more than Armando's could ever pay.

The property was recently sold to an investment group out of Dallas for $2.65 million.

I'm sure they had a deal in hand with Dutch Bros for far more than Armando's could ever pay.
    Good to know, thought this might end up being a (failed) deal like the one on 23rd/Penn since your original post was about 4 months ago and nothing has happened yet.

I just moved away from that area to Midtown. I thought that the stoplight at 59th & May was annoying and needed to be updated because it would always stay red for far too long for north/south traffic even when there was no cross traffic. Then it when finally turned green it would not stay green long enough. I think that area would be even more of a nightmare with the added traffic of a Dutch Bros.

Had an iced coffee with milk from the new Edmond Dutch Bros (no sugars, no adulteration, just brewed coffee and milk) really good. Did same order one week later at Scooters? Brown water tasteless. Why is Scooters a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Had an iced coffee with milk from the new Edmond Dutch Bros (no sugars, no adulteration, just brewed coffee and milk) really good. Did same order one week later at Scooters? Brown water tasteless. Why is Scooters a thing?
    Scooters is very not great.

Dutch Bros toasted cold brew is excellent

Hopefully the Armando's location won't still fall through, although in the meantime, Summer Moon in Mayfair is a very nice addition to the coffeeshop scene...

Dutch Brothers coffee coming to the old Taco Bueno spot on NW 23rd just east of Penn.

They have one area location at 5901 SE 15th in Midwest City, and another planned for 300 S. MacArthur just south of Raising Caines on Reno. Another planned for 633 N. Perkins in Stillwater.

Construction has started on this location on the north side of NW 23rd, just east of Penn.

Construction has started on this location on the north side of NW 23rd, just east of Penn.
    Nice that it finally came through! Must've literally just started, we were by there last week and it was still a weed-filled lot.

13. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Del Taco in Edmond getting torn down today

First time hearing about Armando's closing, really enjoyed eating there. Interested to see if they will relocate elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Del Taco in Edmond getting torn down today
    It looks like they are trying to at least save half the building? It was clearly divided down the middle when I drove by. If they are replacing the entire building thats a shame, the building was built from the ground up just a few years ago when they bulldozed the old Alvarado's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    Scooters is very not great.
    I don't know wtf happened to Scooters. When they first launched here, everything I got from them was fantastic. I tend to judge a coffee joint on how palatable their black drip coffees are, even if I'm going to frequent them for something sweeter, and Scooters' drip was always top tier at first (especially their flavored varieties). But that was short lived. Overheated, scorched, acidic and not worth the 20 seconds spent in the empty drive through line.

Nice that it finally came through! Must've literally just started, we were by there last week and it was still a weed-filled lot.
    Equipment and men were on-site yesterday when we went by around 5 PM, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by White Peacock View Post
    I don't know wtf happened to Scooters. When they first launched here, everything I got from them was fantastic. I tend to judge a coffee joint on how palatable their black drip coffees are, even if I'm going to frequent them for something sweeter, and Scooters' drip was always top tier at first (especially their flavored varieties). But that was short lived. Overheated, scorched, acidic and not worth the 20 seconds spent in the empty drive through line.
    Agreed. I tried one of their cold brews and it was so diluted it tasted like watered down tea. It's just really frustrating that they've expanded so aggressively they're probably boxing out better coffee places in some parts of town. I've had hit/miss experiences with Dutch Bros but would definitely prefer it over Scooters every day.

Dutch Bros. planning another location on the NE corner of NW 58th and May on the site of Armando's.

Demolition permit filed today for the Armando's building.

Drove by there today. It’s gone.

Framing started January 2023. Hey Pete, would you please take a photo of the new location? Thanks!

Pete, work on the Dutch Bros at SW 74th and Western seems to have stalled after the dirt work started, and the construction company sign at the site is gone. Has the deal fallen through?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Pete, work on the Dutch Bros at SW 74th and Western seems to have stalled after the dirt work started, and the construction company sign at the site is gone. Has the deal fallen through?
    Not sure but something similar happened at their NW 23rd site but now it's almost complete.

Very close to opening at NW 23rd & Penn:

NW 58th & May:

Thread Information