Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Pete, work on the Dutch Bros at SW 74th and Western seems to have stalled after the dirt work started, and the construction company sign at the site is gone. Has the deal fallen through?
    I have been trying to post for few days about this one.

There has been groundwork done most of the week at this location. A couple of heavy equipment pieces have been on site since last weekend.

Dutch Bros in Mustang is going up quickly. Dutch Bros and HteaO next to each other, Lord help me.

3. Default Re: Dutch Bros. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Dutch Bros in Mustang is going up quickly. Dutch Bros and HteaO next to each other, Lord help me.
    Thats going to be a busy area!

I noticed their sign all but covers up the pawn shop sign next door. Is that something that has to be ok'd with the property owner next door or when they pull permits or does it really matter since they are building on their property?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I noticed their sign all but covers up the pawn shop sign next door. Is that something that has to be ok'd with the property owner next door or when they pull permits or does it really matter since they are building on their property?
    I'd guess that in this part of town, the property owner doesn't have to consider other property owners when doing something to their own property.

Was looking forward to them, but after having a latte with oat milk and cinnamon syrup at the Edmond one, there was almost no coffee taste, so their blend/shots are pretty weak. Going to try this location and get an extra shot to see if that helps. Classen's our go-to, and they will most likely stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I'd guess that in this part of town, the property owner doesn't have to consider other property owners when doing something to their own property.

Was looking forward to them, but after having a latte with oat milk and cinnamon syrup at the Edmond one, there was almost no coffee taste, so their blend/shots are pretty weak. Going to try this location and get an extra shot to see if that helps. Classen's our go-to, and they will most likely stay that way.
    +1 on Classen Coffee. My go-to spot as well.

Sign in their window says they open on 2/22.

They opened this morning:

I've driven by the Yukon location many times and at different times of the day. I was in the bank across the street yesterday around 10:30 am and as I left I counted 11 cars in line.

A lot of fast food/drink places are hyper-focusing on drive-thru service because that is a huge, growing side of their business, so it makes sense. But the trending no-dining room places make me feel weird for some reason. It has to be the new urbanism in me twitching.

Eventually we will probably have no dining capabilities at any [newly built] fast food places. Just enough parking for employees and lots of concrete for cars to sit in a line. Some places will occasionally add the walk-up ordering window like we see here. Pretty soon there will be places that are probably completely automated with robotics serving a window with maybe 1-2 actual humans overseeing the location.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    A lot of fast food/drink places are hyper-focusing on drive-thru service because that is a huge, growing side of their business, so it makes sense. But the trending no-dining room places make me feel weird for some reason. It has to be the new urbanism in me twitching.

Eventually we will probably have no dining capabilities at any [newly built] fast food places. Just enough parking for employees and lots of concrete for cars to sit in a line. Some places will occasionally add the walk-up ordering window like we see here. Pretty soon there will be places that are probably completely automated with robotics serving a window with maybe 1-2 actual humans overseeing the location.
    I hate seeing these car-oriented layouts. That dutch bros takes up like 1/5th of the land! Some nice small businesses or townhomes could have been built.

We're old-school - we never eat while driving, and rarely get food to go (because it's generally not at an ideal temperature/texture by the time we get home, so if we do, it's from some place really close to us), so the no-dining-room trend is definitely disturbing for us also.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    I hate seeing these car-oriented layouts. That dutch bros takes up like 1/5th of the land! Some nice small businesses or townhomes could have been built.
    Yep that is awful. Shame on the city and our outdated land-use codes for allowing this to get built.

I'd be concerned for sure if other coffee places, such as Starbucks, tear down their current locations, in order to raise new ones that won't include dine in. Fast food places, too. It seems something of greater appeal to suburban areas, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I'd be concerned for sure if other coffee places, such as Starbucks, tear down their current locations, in order to raise new ones that won't include dine in. Fast food places, too. It seems something of greater appeal to suburban areas, though.
    Leave them in the suburbs and ban these types of drive-thru businesses in the urban core.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Yep that is awful. Shame on the city and our outdated land-use codes for allowing this to get built.
    What is the alternative? You can’t have the drive thru overflowing onto the road and the employees need a place to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    What is the alternative? You can’t have the drive thru overflowing onto the road and the employees need a place to park.
    No drive-thru at all. Cities like Minneapolis no longer allow them

I'd love to have a Dutch Bros. in far NW OKC, I feel like Memorial and Rockwell would be a great location.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    No drive-thru at all. Cities like Minneapolis no longer allow them
    Agree!

The other Dutch bros that isn't open yet is right next to another location of that same pawn shop! In the other location, the Dutch bro's sign is further away though.

In more dense area, I would agree but here... I prefer to see a Dutch Bros being built on I 240 and Western instead of the sad gas station on this site before, for exemple.

NW 58th & May:

Looks like the Dutch Bros. at 5900 N. May is now open.

Dutch Bros in Mustang is now open.

Thread Information