Widgets Magazine

Thread: I-35 Service Road and SE 89th Street

South OKC I-35 Service Road and SE 89th Street

Does anyone have any idea what they are building here? They cleared the lot a few weeks back, and now there is a Brinkmann Constructors trailer on the lot. Fairly large site here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I-35 Service Road and 89th Street.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	16923

Default Re: I-35 Service Road and SE 89th Street

Looks like this is going to be a 318,000 sq ft distribution center for Winsupply, a major distributor of construction and industrial supplies & equipment. According to a press release, they expect to have this facility operational sometime next year.

Blog Entries

A land swap between the Oklahoma Industries Authority and the Commissioners of the Land Office is expected to add $1.3 million in annual distributions to schools while providing Oklahoma City 577 acres to lure new industry.

The revenue generated by the office buildings and retail center will increase the agency’s contribution to schools, currently $6.1 million, by another $1.3 million.

The land acquired by the Industries Authority has easy access to I-240 and I-35 and the Santa Fe rail yard and has Oklahoma City utilities and electric and natural gas service.

4. Default Re: I-35 Service Road and SE 89th Street

What district would that go to? I think Bryant is the western edge of Mid-Del and somewhere around 82nd is the Moore district line. Cooked Oak?

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    What district would that go to? I think Bryant is the western edge of Mid-Del and somewhere around 82nd is the Moore district line. Cooked Oak?
    i don't know how the money would be apportioned. however, for the area between eastern and bryant: south of 82nd would be moore schools. north of 82nd would be okc schools.

crooked oak is a pretty small district as far as land area is concerned, i think it only goes as far south as se 36th street.

^

I mentioned in the Canoo thread that that property was being pitched to them by the OKC group.

7. Default Re: I-35 Service Road and SE 89th Street

Can't say im super excited, but it depends on what goes in. I'm building a house just south of there, so i'm hoping for something that isn't noisy or smelly. You know, no Purina plants please. LOL

Thread Information