Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    They gave us a free club level game last year to try to get us to renew. They want butts in the house.
    Of course they want to sell out Paycom like they did for years, but it's obvious their higher priority is building a team that can compete for championships consistently.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

They gave us a free club level game last year to try to get us to renew. They want butts in the house.
    i got free lower levels one of the last games of the season ... and even now i can renew with my season ticket holder discount (i have not had season tickets for several years )

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Of course they want to sell out Paycom like they did for years, but it's obvious their higher priority is building a team that can compete for championships consistently.
    Exactly. I'm not sure why this is so hard for people to understand. If the goal is to fill seats, then you must build a team that will fill the seats. A team that will fill seats is one that is competing for championships. To compete for championships in the current structure of the league, a small market like OKC has to build their team through the draft. To have a shot at building a championship competing team through the draft, you have to draft superstars. The chances of finding a superstar is exponentially higher if you're drafting in the top 7.

If they took a "shortcut," we'd be a long term mediocre or terrible team a la the Sacramento Kings. We'd never fill seats and ultimately our ownership would sell. Presti will be vindicated in a couple years and I'll expect his critics on this board and elsewhere will pull a Homer Simpson and disappear into the hedge.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i got free lower levels one of the last games of the season ... and even now i can renew with my season ticket holder discount (i have not had season tickets for several years )
    We had club level for 10 years but cover flushed us out. We have the mindset of going when we want to, just don't need to go every single game.

The Thunder were in the playoffs in 2020. It's not like the franchise has been in the wilderness for years and years.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

Report: Free agent Lu Dort agrees to 5-year deal with Thunder

The 23-year-old guard averaged a career-high 17.2 points and 4.2 rebounds with Oklahoma City last season.

Ticket sales is actually a pretty good reason to be competitive
    It’s actually not because of revenue sharing. OKC is sent money from tax teams if they are not in the tax. It means they’ll be fine and longterm success is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    It’s actually not because of revenue sharing. OKC is sent money from tax teams if they are not in the tax. It means they’ll be fine and longterm success is more important.
    My entire point is that the Thunder has a war chest of future first round picks. They can trade up to acquire lotto picks just like they did. They can compete and still gain quality picks either by trade or with the picks they already have. Players want to win, and I know the front office wants top picks. Yes they will receive revenue from the league, but they want fans in the stadium too. True they need to develop the new guys, but they have enough talent now to consistently win.

My entire point is that the Thunder has a war chest of future first round picks. They can trade up to acquire lotto picks just like they did. They can compete and still gain quality picks either by trade or with the picks they already have. Players want to win, and I know the front office wants top picks. Yes they will receive revenue from the league, but they want fans in the stadium too. True they need to develop the new guys, but they have enough talent now to consistently win.
    absolutely, all the way up until 2028 with top draft numbers

not sure if this has been posted on the thread

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/draft...re-draft-picks

10. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

^^^^^^^
    Really helpful chart. Haven’t had a chance to review them in that manner before. Also…that’s nuts.

Clay Bennett’s daughter in law works for barstool sports and she has a YouTube channel as well as a YouTube channel with her mother and both are hilarious

https://youtube.com/c/ChicksAtBarstool

…but they have enough talent now to consistently win.
    They don’t. Name one team in NBA history that played 4 rookies and 4 second year players and won consistently. The Thunder are a couple years away even if they tried to win.

They don’t. Name one team in NBA history that played 4 rookies and 4 second year players and won consistently. The Thunder are a couple years away even if they tried to win.
    Last year, if you remember, everyone got hurt (Wink) so they could lose games. SGA had a bad foot but every time you saw him on the bench in street clothes he was jumping around. Tanking at its best.

So what you're saying is SGA, Dort, Muskie, Poku, Favors, Bazley, Maledon and K Williams won't see the floor ?

So what you're saying is SGA, Dort, Muskie, Poku, Favors, Bazley, Maledon and K Williams won't see the floor ?
    Is that seriously how you read his post?

Not what I said at all.

Anyway, I look forward to this season. The Thunder are going to let the team do what it can right out of gate so we won't have to wait long to find out. With the Spurs and (probably) Jazz moving into rebuild mode (maybe we should use that term since that's really what the team is doing for the first 80% of the season) then it may not take much to make the play-in next season. I just think the Thunder need another top prospect and this next class is supposed to be great.

One thing for sure is the entertainment value should be really good.

Blog Entries

Salt Lake City Summer League

Tuesday, July 5, 2022
    TV - ESPN: 8:00 p.m. CST - Oklahoma City Thunder at Utah Jazz Vivint Smart Home Arena

Summer 16-man roster:

Gabe Brown
    Robert Baker
    Ousmane Dieng
    Abdul Gaddy
    Josh Giddey
    Chet Holmgren
    Vit Krejci
    Tre Mann
    Eugene Omoruyi
    Aleksej Pokusevski
    Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
    Jaden Shackelford
    Lindy Waters III
    Aaron Wiggins
    Jalen Williams
    Jaylin Williams

The Thunder will be coached by assistant coach Kam Woods with Oklahoma City Blue head coach Grant Gibbs and development coaches Eric Maynor and Zach Peterson as assistants.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Holmgren looks relaxed and confident. 18 pts, 3 blocks at half. Giddy's passing skills are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Holmgren looks relaxed and confident. 18 pts, 3 blocks at half. Giddey's passing skills are awesome.
    Gotta say I agree. Chet could be special. The other draftees also showed very positive results. Really surprised

Blog Entries

Chet's first summer league game is the best summer league game I can ever remember by a Thunder player. He completely dominated. I know you're not supposed to overreact to summer league games, he just showed a lot. His offensive fluidity is incredibly impressive for his size. His shot looked smooth. His six blocks don't even tell the whole story about his dominance around the rim. The Jazz summer league team was awful so let's see how he plays against stiffer competition, but it definitely had me wondering if the Thunder can really tank with him playing (probably, but I at least have doubts now).

P.S. Jalen Williams (Santa Clara) looked great too! Really excited about him.

Blog Entries

Noticed that Tre Mann & Lindy Waters III did not play this game. We are going to have a very young group opening 2022 season. As for Chet Holmgren, he needs to slowly add about 10 ibs., this season and 10 lbs in 2023-24.

Does anyone know if Cheevers still have the contract for feeding these guys...

Sam Presti, we've got our man.

Tre Mann was out for Health & Safety Protocols. Since the Thunder have three games in three days I bet they're staggering which games some players play in.

Thread Information