Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

Take him back and then immediately deal him for assets with no warning and no apology. I hope I never again see him in a Thunder uni. He was a cancer, even before he left, and then he tried to burn our house down on the way out. And Dan, you and I had in-person conversations about this even before he left so you can vouch for me when I say I was off the KD love train well before he bolted.

It's not the bitterness talking here; I'm a big believer excising toxins, permanently.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Take him back and then immediately deal him for assets with no warning and no apology. I hope I never again see him in a Thunder uni. He was a cancer, even before he left, and then he tried to burn our house down on the way out. And Dan, you and I had in-person conversations about this even before he left so you can vouch for me when I say I was off the KD love train well before he bolted.

It's not the bitterness talking here; I'm a big believer excising toxins, permanently.
    +1. You acquire him, take him and Wanda out to The Mick for a nice steak dinner, and then never call him again!!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2021-22 season

Oklahoma City Thunder select . . .

Joshua Giddey - Age 18, 6' 7" - 205 lbs., Point Guard

#6 - Melbourne, Victoria

He seems like a good role player. Probably not going to take us to the next level right away.

Blog Entries

2021 NBA Draft

Oklahoma City Thunder selects . . .

Tre Mann, Age 20, 6' 5" - 190 lbs., Point Guard

#18 - University of Florida

Thunder traded the #16 pick to Houston for future draft round picks.

Blog Entries

Welcome to Oklahoma City!

NBA Thunder.com - https://www.nba.com/thunder/

Tre Mann, PG, University of Florida #18 Pick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8qdhvo7J8

Definitely a meh draft. If anything, it signals that this is going to be a much longer build than we might have initially thought. Might as well trade SGA at this point, as he does not fit the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    Definitely a meh draft. If anything, it signals that this is going to be a much longer build than we might have initially thought. Might as well trade SGA at this point, as he does not fit the timeline.
    I’m seeing a lot of this and it blows my mind. How quickly did people think we were going to rebuild? One year? That’s how long it has been. We are only just beginning and, yes, this is a long process. We are at Step 1 of Step 5 of this rebuild.

Trading SGA, who is only 23, would be incredibly dumb of us. He fits our timeline, he’s an All Star, and he seems to be a good dude. We will likely be a lottery team again the next year, just like we were in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and that will give us the best opportunity to find pieces to build around in a sustainable way (I.e., we don’t have the ability to lure top free agents here because, as we all sadly know, OKC is not a destination market).

I know people (mostly the casual fan) want immediate results, but that’s almost never how this works. It’s a long, painful process that requires a lot of patience, skill, and luck. Let’s breathe and be patient. Presti is highly competent and we can trust he’s doing this rebuild the right way.
    Last edited by king183; 07-30-2021 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a little more detail

Relax. We allegedly offered Shai to the Pistons. That’s a pretty obvious admission that he’s not on the timeline.

Won’t be surprised at all when he’s moved for younger pieces.

I like Giddey’s potential. He’s a fun player. Just hard to see Suggs go one pick earlier. I really disliked the rest of the Thunder’s draft. I really wanted Alperon Sengun and he actually slid to us at 16… then Presti traded it. We’ll see how it plays out though. There will be a lot of wrong takes on guys. Hopefully, I’m wrong and this draft will turn out great.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    He seems like a good role player. Probably not going to take us to the next level right away.
    Almost no rookies take any team to the next level. Rookies are almost always net negative players. Teams should never rely on a rookie this way. Even the top picks in this loaded draft will likely be bad next season.

Relax. We allegedly offered Shai to the Pistons. That’s a pretty obvious admission that he’s not on the timeline.

Both the Thunder and Pistons denied this. You’re grounding your opinion on internet rumors.

SGA is a cornerstone. He's getting ready to sign THE contract.

I am relaxed; I’m not going off the rails, calling for SGA to be traded. The trade you reference, by the way, was never real. It was based off a single internet rumor. Troy Weaver called it BS, as did OKC. You need to not rely on Twitter InstaPundits and take a longer view of this.

Blog Entries

How many of us thought it was going to take Luguentz Dort (undrafted) to mature into a starter. As for SGA, don't have any idea what's going on with Presti, other than he wanted to test Detroit's pick of Cade Cunningham at #1 or just rumor.

You can't gauge Presti; that's why I call him the incredible thinking man. He threw a wrinkle in the draft when he picked Giddey; it appeared to start a chain reaction.

Why do we think Presti is building around any one player; more like a combination of players on this roster with players he can quickly replace dipping into a solid G-League ready base.

He has a veteran (Kemba Walker) who can further help develop point guards.

Blog Entries

With the No. 32 pick in the 2021 draft, the Thunder selected 6-foot-9 Villanova big Jeremiah Robinson-Earl. Oklahoma City gave up picks No. 34 and 36 to move up and acquire the New York Knicks’ selection, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Maryland’s Aaron Wiggins picked No. 55 overall by Oklahoma City Thunder in second round of 2021 NBA draft

Has a nice shooting touch, can make shots off the bounce or spotting up from 3-point range (35% 3FG as a Jr.) with decent success … Also effective attacking close outs, can stick 1 or 2 dribble pull-up jumpers going in either direction when chased off the 3-point line … Gets his fair share of points by being a good cutter to open spots on the court too, showing his on-court awareness … Adequate ball-handler, mostly prefers to go north and south but does use basic

From the Bleacher Report. Presti also called it a “manufactured” rumor and he trusts SGA knows how to deal with the social media rumors, so he doesn’t need to assure him of his place on the team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D42E8A82-EAC3-467E-976B-4E656B2EB9E5.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	410.0 KB 
ID:	16999

It sounds like we were trying to trade up to get Evan Mobley for our Center by offering draft picks, but because that didn’t happen we are targeting Zach Collins, a 23 year old PF/C who played with Portland last year. San Antonio, Toronto, and New Orleans are also interested in him, so I would expect it will be very difficult to get him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    From the Bleacher Report. Presti also called it a “manufactured” rumor and he trusts SGA knows how to deal with the social media rumors, so he doesn’t need to assure him of his place on the team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D42E8A82-EAC3-467E-976B-4E656B2EB9E5.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	410.0 KB 
ID:	16999

It sounds like we were trying to trade up to get Evan Mobley for our Center by offering draft picks, but because that didn’t happen we are targeting Zach Collins, a 23 year old PF/C who played with Portland last year. San Antonio, Toronto, and New Orleans are also interested in him, so I would expect it will be very difficult to get him.
    San Antonio Spurs signed Zach Collins to 3-year deal a few days ago.

Do we actually need a 7 footer at the center, or more of a two way player 6'8' or taller who can cover (alternate) the forward/center position with the versatility to play offense & defense. Presti may have to see what he has stashed overseas.

Thunder 2021-22 roster: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/te...der/33/Rosters

Note: Roster hasn't been updated. Kemba Walker traded to New York Knicks.

Blog Entries

Small Ball: Meet the OKC Thunder Summer League roster

https://thunderousintentions.com/202...league-roster/

OKC Thunder Summer League roster guards:
    #3 Josh Giddey, 6’9, 210 pounds, G, Australia
    #44 Charlie Brown Jr., 6’6, 199 pounds, G, St. Joseph’s
    #25 Rob Edwards, 6’5, 205 pounds, G, Arizona State
    #14 Jalen Lecque, 6’4, 185 pounds, G, Brewster Academy
    #31 Ryan Woolridge, 6’3, 175 pounds, G, Gonzaga
    #21 Aaron Wiggins, 6’6, 200 pounds, G, Maryland
    #23 Tre Mann, 6’5, 190 pounds, G, Florida
    #11 Theo Maledon, 6’5, 180 pounds, G, France

OKC Thunder Summer League Roster: Wings
    #13 Oscar da Silva, 6’9, 230 pounds, F, Stanford
    #15 Josh Hall, 6’8, 200 pounds, F, Moravian Prep
    #8 Jaylen Hoard, 6’8, 216 pounds, F, Wake Forest
    #30 Emmitt Williams, 6’6, 225 pounds, F, LSU
    #50 Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, 6’9, 230 pounds, F, Villanova

Blog Entries

How to watch Thunder in NBA Summer League

► Sunday: vs. Pistons, 7:30 p.m., ESPN2 (Thomas & Mack Center)

► Wednesday: vs. Pelicans, 6 p.m., NBA TV (Cox Pavilion)

► Friday: vs. Warriors, 6 p.m., ESPN2 (Cox Pavilion)

► Saturday: vs. Pacers, 5 p.m., ESPN2 (Thomas & Mack Center)

► Monday/Tuesday, Aug. 16/17: TBD

► Tuesday, Aug. 17: Championship game (top-two teams)

. . . via Oklahoman, Sunday, July 8, 2021

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Any reports on Joshua Giddey's ankle injury. Hope he's ready to go next game.

Digging the uni’s tonight- all white with Thunder blue trim

Hope we get something similar in the regular season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dio View Post
    Digging the uni’s tonight- all white with Thunder blue trim

Hope we get something similar in the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Any reports on Joshua Giddey's ankle injury. Hope he's ready to go next game.
    He said he was ready to play, but was told by the training staff he was going to take his time to make sure he's recovered.

Blog Entries

Thunder wrap up Summer League final with 116 - 91 win over Spurs

Box score https://www.nba.com/game/sas-vs-okc-...core#box-score

Thread Information