Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Canoo Electric Vehicles selects Oklahoma for plant

Default Re: Canoo Electric Vehicles selects Oklahoma for plant

They recently showcased some of their vehicle prototypes at the State Capitol in OKC

Hitting the road.
    Canoo LDVs take flight for Walmart InHome advanced deliveries
    https://electrek.co/2022/08/23/canoo...me-deliveries/

The Canoo shares are trading for around $3.25 right now. I purchased some with a little bit of fun I have for stuff like this. It could all go to sh!t or in a few years take off like Tesla, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    The Canoo shares are trading for around $3.25 right now. I purchased some with a little bit of fun I have for stuff like this. It could all go to sh!t or in a few years take off like Tesla, who knows?
    Yes they need to raise capital by diluting shares, but they don't have the meme-hype and bull market that Tesla took advantage of. Tesla stock is a unicorn.

Are any of you expecting them to make money so early, without major production facilities? Most start ups lose money for years before being profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Are any of you expecting them to make money so early, without major production facilities? Most start ups lose money for years before being profitable.
    There's a lot more than not having production facilities up and running, according to that article.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    There's a lot more than not having production facilities up and running, according to that article.
    Hasn't yet generated any revenue. In the first paragraph. Like I said. Most start-ups make no money for a few years. How old is Canoo (I plead ignorance on that)?

If less than 5 years for an EV start-up that doesn't have Musk being a shiny face for them, it's fair for them to not have any revenue.

I'm not bashing, I just know, as an accountant, that revenue means very little for start-ups early in their start.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Hasn't yet generated any revenue. In the first paragraph. Like I said. Most start-ups make no money for a few years. How old is Canoo (I plead ignorance on that)?

If less than 5 years for an EV start-up that doesn't have Musk being a shiny face for them, it's fair for them to not have any revenue.

I'm not bashing, I just know, as an accountant, that revenue means very little for start-ups early in their start.
    Canoo was founded in 2017. You're still talking about the production facilities, but I'm talking about the massive C-suite changes, the huge amounts that the CEO (or whatever he is, President, whatever) has racked up for travel, etc., the general environment, .....

I guess decent news for the company as it’s somewhat of a sign moving forward but it looks like the Walmart Canoo’s won’t be built at the Oklahoma site.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ns-outsourcing

Blog Entries

Really makes you want them to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I guess decent news for the company as it’s somewhat of a sign moving forward but it looks like the Walmart Canoo’s won’t be built at the Oklahoma site.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ns-outsourcing
    It is troubling that the head of manufacturing is out. This outfit seems to have a hard time retaining talent.

13. Default Re: Canoo Electric Vehicles selects Oklahoma for plant

One Canoo in the wild!

Another Teslarati article claiming Canoo is moving forward on this plane for Oklahoma operations starting with battery production:

ByJoey KlenderPosted on November 2, 2022
    Canoo announced on Wednesday that it would build electric vehicle battery modules at a renovated facility in the MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor, Oklahoma.

The new facility is expected to expand Canoo’s manufacturing and employment footprint in the region as it continues to ramp production of its electric vehicles. The factory will be capable of approximately 320 MWh of battery module capacity, or .320 GWh.

The battery facility will be located in the same complex as Canoo’s MegaMicro Factory, which will include a paint shop, body shop, and general assembly plant when it is finished.
    - https://www.teslarati.com/canoo-batt...tion-oklahoma/

It sure would be nice if the city of Tulsa could find a way to lure them to move their HQ there but given their new relationship with Walmart I doubt that is even a remote possibility.

From their press release:

Strategically located with easy access to road and rail, the facility will produce Canoo’s LDV and LV vehicles for delivery to customers in 2023.

----

Canoo considered multiple potential sites before selecting the location in Oklahoma City. An existing commercial site with more than 630,000 square feet of move-in ready space and significant room for further expansion, the facility will be adapted for Canoo and outfitted to accommodate a full vehicle assembly line with state-of-the-art robotics, a paint shop and upfitting center. As with Canoo’s other facilities in Pryor Oklahoma, the Vehicle Manufacturing Facility will be powered with clean energy. When fully renovated, the Facility will align with Canoo’s vision for sustainable, nature-centric campuses.

Where in OKC might this be?

It will be the old Terex property near I-40 and Morgan Road:

Wow This is awesome for OKC!

HangryHippo Guest

I must’ve completely missed that Terex was no longer active there…? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I must’ve completely missed that Terex was no longer active there…? When did that happen?
    Earlier this year; moved to Mexico:

https://news.conexpoconagg.com/news/...o/3415.article

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Earlier this year; moved to Mexico:

https://news.conexpoconagg.com/news/...o/3415.article
    Had no idea. Thanks, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I noticed that there didn't appear to be much activity at Terex, but I didn't know they closed up shop. I'm guessing Canoo is going to tear down the Terex plant and build a new facility? I sure hope so, as the Terex plant is very dated looking. Now, if only the Xerox plant would be repurposed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I noticed that there didn't appear to be much activity at Terex, but I didn't know they closed up shop. I'm guessing Canoo is going to tear down the Terex plant and build a new facility? I sure hope so, as the Terex plant is very dated looking. Now, if only the Xerox plant would be repurposed.
    No.

The press release says they will be using the existing 635,000 SF facility with the opportunity for future expansion.

The rendering is of the spruced-up existing building.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No.

The press release says they will be using the existing 635,000 SF facility with the opportunity for future expansion.

The rendering is of the spruced-up existing building.
    Once you see it on map you can see it’s the exact building. I’m surprised I didn’t guess that facility when I saw the press release

Thread Information