Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Bakery & Kitchen

Midtown Harvey Bakery & Kitchen

The Hall's Pizza group is taking the old showroom for Harvey Bakery & Kitchen.

Considering how beautiful their space is in Midtown, this could turn out to be pretty fantastic:

The Harvey Bakery & Kitchen is a warm & comfortable neighborhood restaurant where you'll want to be morning, lunch, & afternoon. Unlike anything in OKC, we're bringing pastries, breakfast & lunch, coffee, & more in a beautifully curated space for you to enjoy from early morning to late afternoon.
    https://www.facebook.com/theharveybakeryokc

First photo is from KayneMo; second is from their FB page:

Default Re: Harvey Bakery & Kitchen

These are their building plans.

It's a huge space and I'm sure they'll decorate it very nicely, similar to the great job they did at Hall's Pizza Kitchen; they are using the same architecture/design firm.

You see lots of seating areas and two big kitchens. The one to the east is labeled and "Expo Kitchen" so it looks like they will be doing cooking/baking classes.

A large patio will face 13th.

There is also a small upstairs mezzanine (up those cool curving staircases) that is labeled "The Library" and it looks like a study/read space.

This should be gorgeous when complete.

This space is going to be amazing:

Is Gardner Architects still occupying the space behind the bakery?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Is Gardner Architects still occupying the space behind the bakery?
    Yes.

7. Default Re: Harvey Bakery & Kitchen

I had a breakfast pastry and coffee here earlier and am actually posting this from the bakery. What an absolutely outstanding refurbishment of this space! It's open and airy and the smells of baking bread, cookies and pastries fill the room, not to mention the hot breakfast items . Their menu board says lunch is "coming soon," so for now it will be more of a breakfast/brunch place, but the breakfast sandwiches require two hands to eat and they have several to choose from.

The service was good and my muffin was pretty tasty. I highly recommend checking out this place.

Absolutely gorgeous space and the place was packed around 10:30am on a Tuesday, without really letting people know they were open.

Tons of places to sit and relax and just take your time. I can't think of another place quite like it; maybe Kitchen 324 but this spot is significantly bigger.

The last photo is the upstairs 'library' which isn't quite yet ready.

For now, they are open M-F 6a-2p; Sat 8a-2p; closed Sunday. They will soon be adding lunch and expanding their hours.

There is a large parking lot behind and easy walking distance from the historic neighborhoods, the many offices along 13th and Midtown.

This place is going to be a big smash.

HangryHippo Guest

Gorgeous!

What a home run!

11. Default Re: Harvey Bakery & Kitchen

I can never go. It doesn't even have a Harvey address! /s

Cant wait to try this out!!

Wow wow!

Looks absolutely amazing. Just what OKC needs--I'm sure they are going to be a huge hit.

I don't drink coffee or eat breakfast but I'd still hang out here, it's such a nice place.

OKC needs more of these places. Elemental and Coffee Slingers are popular but aren't very comfortable and far too loud.

In the way so many large, open industrial spaces have been converted to breweries, I think there is a lot of room in this market for more of these types of places, especially given the popularity of coffee, tea and brunch.

I bet this place will soon have lines in the mornings, and it's huge inside.

Off topic here but want to ask why there are not more places that offer real pastry? I mean like coffee cake, strudel, cream pastry layers, Swedish pastry, etc. These are what I call pastry. Anyone know where to get them with a good cup of coffee? I do make my own strudels but there are times when one just wants to buy one. There is a place in Tulsa that I tried. There strudel needed help and told them that. They asked how to make it better but no time to drive up there right now. Plus with covid and not being able to be vaccinated I stay close to home. Hopefully by spring things will be better and I can get out for a good cup with a pastry.

^

Ingrid's Kitchen at NW 36th & Youngs has streusel, cream puffs, cannolis and all types of cookies and cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Off topic here but want to ask why there are not more places that offer real pastry? I mean like coffee cake, strudel, cream pastry layers, Swedish pastry, etc. These are what I call pastry. Anyone know where to get them with a good cup of coffee? I do make my own strudels but there are times when one just wants to buy one. There is a place in Tulsa that I tried. There strudel needed help and told them that. They asked how to make it better but no time to drive up there right now. Plus with covid and not being able to be vaccinated I stay close to home. Hopefully by spring things will be better and I can get out for a good cup with a pastry.
    I could be wrong but I feel like Quincy Bake Shop inside the Bradford House does those types of things.

Check out this video of the line the day after OKCTalk posted about their opening on social media.

Our Instagram post had over 40,000 interactions and 4,700 likes. Facebook post had more than 42,000 interactions.

https://www.facebook.com/theharveyba...02769383327845

Blog Entries

Went Saturday morning. when I got in line it was pretty manageable, but by the time I got through the line the line had grown to where it was going all the way across the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Check out this video of the line the day after OKCTalk posted about their opening on social media.

Our Instagram post had over 40,000 interactions and 4,700 likes. Facebook post had more than 42,000 interactions.

https://www.facebook.com/theharveyba...02769383327845
    My wife and I decided to go earlier this week. On the way there, I opened instagram and the very first post I saw was the OKCTalk post about this place. I immediately turned to my wife and said, “Well, it’s probably going to have a huge line now.” And, in fact, there was a large line out the door. Thankfully, they were very efficient moving people through it.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    I know what you mean. I’ve been around some d’am good pastry shops with strudels, napoleons, eclairs, danishes, coffee cakes (yeasted and crumb), many types of breads and rolls, etc. I stopped by Harvey and bought a few things which were all good but very limited in comparison. It will probably take some time for them to get full force.

oklip955, what part of town do you live?

There is a wonderful pastry shop in Chisholm Creek that serves excellent european pastries! There is also Dominico Coffee and Pastry shop in the same shopping area of the creek. The husband and wife duo that own both pastry shops are super people. I believe they are from Brazil or Italy but not for sure? The name of the shop is "Ganache Patisserie".

Whipped Bakery Cafe 3820 N. MacArthur Blvd. It's really worth stopping by!
    https://www.whippedbakerycafe.com/home
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whipped bakery cafe.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	17222

Sunshine Bakery in South OKC 7705 S. Walker

Thread Information