Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Pruett's Foods

  1. #1

    Default Pruett's Foods

    We have discussed Pruett's taking over the Buy for Less at NW Expressway and Portland, as well as Uptown Grocery.

    They are planning a remodel for the NW Ex store although I don't yet have the details. Will soon see some containers at that property.


    By the way, the Binkowski's (who owned/ran BFL and Uptown) are facing a big lawsuit by the landlord at 23rd & Penn who claims they owe him hundreds of thousands in back rent and that they created a bunch of shell companies to hide assets from a previous court judgment he obtained against them.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    New sign is up at NW Expressway and Portland:


  3. #3

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    I'm assuming they'll keep the Uptown branding at both stores, have you heard any different?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I'm assuming they'll keep the Uptown branding at both stores, have you heard any different?
    I believe you are correct.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    I find it interesting that the owners of Pruett's Foods who are anti-alcohol and choose not to sell alcohol to their customers have used the grape as their company logo. Do they not realize that from the juice of the grape, wine is produced?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I'm assuming they'll keep the Uptown branding at both stores, have you heard any different?
    the uptown on covell is a shell of the former great grocery store that it used to be ..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the uptown on covell is a shell of the former great grocery store that it used to be ..
    Same with the one on May

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the uptown on covell is a shell of the former great grocery store that it used to be ..
    Yeah, the whole Calvinist “Holier than thou” BS might work in rural Oklahoma, but it is a disaster near Oak Tree where folks expect the availability of nice bottles like silver oak or rombauer.

    Only folks with outstanding products — like Chick Fil A — can get away with it. Hopefully the Pruett’s end up selling to a real operator.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    I'm very worried about the future of the 3 stores they took over in OKC.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Probably the best hope would be that Homeland buys out the NW Ex and Edmond locations.

    The one in The Village is too close to what has become their flagship store.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    Yeah, the whole Calvinist “Holier than thou” BS might work in rural Oklahoma, but it is a disaster near Oak Tree where folks expect the availability of nice bottles like silver oak or rombauer.

    Only folks with outstanding products — like Chick Fil A — can get away with it. Hopefully the Pruett’s end up selling to a real operator.
    it is really even more than that ..

    they removed the butcher counter ... and most the higher end cuts of meat and fish ..

    the cheese and prepared foods section is bascily gone .

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    I do know Harps Food out of Arkansas put in a bid for the three locations but Pruetts outbid them. Harps runs some fairly high end stores right in Walmarts backyard in addition to a lot of more rural country stores. Would have been an interesting alternative universe.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it is really even more than that ..

    they removed the butcher counter ... and most the higher end cuts of meat and fish ..

    the cheese and prepared foods section is bascily gone .
    That's interesting since the Village location recently started selling Wagyu steaks. Haven't tried one yet, but I do prefer Uptown meat to Homeland.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    That's interesting since the Village location recently started selling Wagyu steaks. Haven't tried one yet, but I do prefer Uptown meat to Homeland.
    maybe i need to go back and give them another try .. my experience is from awhile ago shortly after they took over ..

    thank you

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    I wonder if Jeff Reasor and Reasors team from Tulsa would ever venture into OKC? They have shifted their focus in recent years from a discount store, to more higher end brands, nicer presentation, and prepared meals. Most of their Tulsa stores have reflected this change.

    About a decade ago they tried entering into the OKC grocery market with a store at 15th and Bryant, next to Spring Creek, but well…Edmond does what Edmond does with the NIMBY folks.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    How shocked will they be when the May store tanks against the numbers that they saw when considering the purchase?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Still will not visit any of their locations due to their beer and wine prohibition. For the record, i do patronize my local liquor retailer as well, but I appreciate the convenience -- and being treated as an adult -- of being able to add wine and beer to my shopping spree. Sorry but the Antlers mentality is not a fit for NW OKC,

  18. Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Still will not visit any of their locations due to their beer and wine prohibition. For the record, i do patronize my local liquor retailer as well, but I appreciate the convenience -- and being treated as an adult -- of being able to add wine and beer to my shopping spree. Sorry but the Antlers mentality is not a fit for NW OKC,
    Same here, but at the Covell location in Edmond. It's the principle of the matter. We used to exclusively shop at UpTown (well minus the large grabs at Costco, etc.) but stopped that once Pruett's came in and raised their prices two, sometimes three fold and only stopped in for last second fresh needs for dinner sometimes. But then they took out all the alcohol and like you, I miss that convenience. I just won't go there anymore.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Same story here. There’s no place for that Puritan style of Bull Sh*t in a market like OKC.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Pruett's has filed for building permits that would involve an extensive remodel of the inside of the store, plus adding an entry to the south facade facing NW Expressway. The main entrance will remain on the west side of the store.

    Will be a multi-million project that will completely redo the interior.








  21. #21

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    when i see their logo with Grapes I think wine.. but then they don't carry wine in their stores do they?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    when i see their logo with Grapes I think wine.. but then they don't carry wine in their stores do they?
    No, they don't. No alcohol period.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by ccsokc View Post
    No, they don't. No alcohol period.
    That's why I don't bother visiting their locations.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    That's why I don't bother visiting their locations.
    i'm in the same boat. i tend to party from time to time, and i'm not going to give my business to those who don't.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Pruett's Foods

    ^^^ +1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Whole Foods
    By metro in forum Retail & Services
    Replies: 1969
    Last Post: 09-03-2021, 02:01 PM
  2. N D Foods
    By Thomas Vu in forum Restaurants & Bars
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2017, 06:24 AM
  3. ND Foods
    By angel27 in forum Retail & Services
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
  4. Whole Foods
    By ejillparker in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 03:36 AM
  5. Tulsa getting a Whole Foods
    By soonerguru in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO