Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1943

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

I wonder when Cube3 is going to update their website?

Default Re: Dream Hotels (Uhaul lot)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I wonder when Cube3 is going to update their website?
    Probably when the plans have been finalized for the supertall and they start moving pavement. At least the YouTube channel B1M has made mention of it a month ago. And they specialize in talking about megaprojects.

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Based on the interview, he sounded very confident that things are moving forward. No "ifs" or "maybe" or "well we are still working on things". Sounds like finalized plans should submitted any day now.
    A lot of people talk confident. We’ll see…

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    No, he said he is actively seeking the height variance from the City on the supertall. Also said they have already petitioned the FAA.
    Hopefully, the FAA won't think it's too close to an airport.

Matteson's rhetoric in this interview is very different from the newspaper interviews. This is the first face to face interview that he has done, and gave confident timelines of when this is getting started. He also talked about the previous projects he was involved in, in detail. He also said project was 100% financed, and they are wanting to start moving dirt in June/July.

And hats of to Steve Shaw, and the The Oklahoma New Report. This is how you report a story, you go straight to the developer, go interview people involved. Do a little footwork, instead of basing everything on speculation and articles.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    And hats of to Steve Shaw, and the The Oklahoma New Report. This is how you report a story, you go straight to the developer, go interview people involved. Do a little footwork, instead of basing everything on speculation and articles.
    Just posting/printing what someone says is not reporting, it's promotion.

Matteson has talked about all those same projects and no one has been able to confirm his direct involvement (I tried some time ago, as did the reporter for the Real Deal in the article I posted).

Actual reporting would include fact-checking what someone says and independently verifying their claims and if you can't, you report that.

Did the reports point out that Matteson doesn’t have a resume for pulling this off? Anyone who follows development should be skeptical of a massive project like this being pulled off without a track record. Heck, developers with good track records have projects fail to get to construction all the time.

^

We don't know for sure that he wasn't directly involved in some or all the projects he has claimed in interviews.

10. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

All of this is so bizarre. I'm very eager to watch this unfold...

I did find a press release from the Magic Johnson fund in 2011 about the Icon Hotel in Houston, and Centurion Partners was listed as investors and there was a quote from Matteson.

However, Centurion Partners seems to no longer exist and this OKC project is by Matteson Capital which seems to be just Matteson himself. Furthermore, it seems Matteson hasn't done much of anything for quite a while and in 2019 there was a GoFundMe page that raised $14,000 for Matteson's pancreatic cancer treatment. That last fact is very strange coming from someone who claims to be a successful developer of multiple huge projects and also claims to have already arranged hundreds of millions for the Boardwalk.

BTW, if you watch that OETA segment, these were the exact quotes regarding the financing:

Narrator: "Matteson thinks he can get the first three towers built sometime in 2026. The Legends Tower, the following year."

Matteson: "We have 100% financing on the entire project already in place."

The ENTIRE project. And in the context of that interview, that would include Legends Tower. To put it kindly, this strains credulity.

Also from that OETA segement:

Matteson: "I did a hotel in Houston called the Icon Hotel, Magic Johnson was my partner on that. We converted a 110-year-old bank building very similar to the National Bank Building in downtown Oklahoma City into a hotel which is managed by Marriott."

The 2011 press release says the building was converted well before the acquisition:

"Originally built as the Union National Bank building 100 years ago and converted to a hotel in January 2004."

Throughout that interview he says, "I did a hotel", "I built a high-rise mixed-use condo", "Magic Johnson was *my* partner", etc. At the very most, Matteson was part of a group of people that then partnered with other investors which all seem to have been sizable. As far as anyone can tell, he has never done anything of note by himself or under the Matteson Capital name.

14. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

and this is why I responded with -1000% chance of happening.

15. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I would be skeptical of ANYONE claiming to have a project of this size completed in that timeline.

Newport Beach Builder Signs on to $20B Miami Project

Orange County Business Journal
    https://www.ocbj.com › News

Feb 1, 2009 — Miami Worldcenter has an expected price tag of $20 billion upon completion. Matteson said he's confident Centurion and its partners will be able ..

Found this on a google search, info as of 2009. behind paywall but his name does show from what I see. ???

^

That article is just Matteson saying he's going to do something.

I can't find hardly anything that verifies his actual involvement in a completed project (other than the Houston hotel which was a purchase, not a development).

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Hopefully, the FAA won't think it's too close to an airport.
    "It was all the FAA's fault I swear. Those other three towers were dependent on the legendary tower for reasons "

He gave a quick timeline and said it was 100% financed. I’m as skeptical as everybody but those aren’t the words to use if you’re trying to fundraise and attract investors to your project. He talks as if this is certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    He gave a quick timeline and said it was 100% financed. I’m as skeptical as everybody but those aren’t the words to use if you’re trying to fundraise and attract investors to your project. He talks as if this is certainty.
    This level of certainty about this big of a project really should cause doubt, not confidence, especially considering Matteson's relatively sketchy record of pulling off such projects. As others have said, there is no chance this entire project is fully financed. These quotes just make me think that even getting one tower is very unlikely. As Pete said (see TEEMCO), OKC is a great place for a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    There is no way the legendary tower is financed.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    There is no way the legendary tower is financed.
    I don't think that is formally a part of the project. It has always been just an idea. Never formally a part of anything. So no, it isn't financed, but I also didn't think that had to be spelled out here.

23. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I don't think that is formally a part of the project. It has always been just an idea. Never formally a part of anything. So no, it isn't financed, but I also didn't think that had to be spelled out here.
    Well, that IS what Matteson is claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Well, that IS what Matteson is claiming.
    I guess I didn't read it like that. I don't buy he was including that. It's a visionary piece, was announced as such. Not a formal part of a project. Maybe that's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I guess I didn't read it like that. I don't buy he was including that. It's a visionary piece, was announced as such. Not a formal part of a project. Maybe that's changed.
    Matteson has never said it was visionary -- he's never said anything to make you believe this wasn't 100% happening. In that OETA interview he said he was in the process of obtaining FAA clearance for the full 1,907 feet of the super tall and expected to receive it within 30 days.

Randy Hogan called Legends Tower 'aspirational', not Matteson.

Thread Information