Widgets Magazine
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 28737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,935 of 1935

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What was 71% complete and where did he say this?

Matteson was not at the Planning Commission meeting that approved this project.
    I heard it was 71.3333(repeating)% complete.

Quote Originally Posted by okcrun View Post
    Hopefully the FAA is aware that we deserve this and can expedite the approval
    If not, maybe we should send the FAA a letter declaring our city’s supreme eternal deservingness for such a thupertall building.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I'd love to see this move to the REHCO lands, with the three towers moving up to 450' and the Legends Tower going up to 1000'. This is more reasonable to me in terms of location and height appropriate while also expanding the skyline. This would also allow 'proper' redevelopment of the Paycom site and the balance of the Cox site, creating a true dense downtown expansion with 'acceptable' height. Also, it'd probably be the only thousand footer chance we'll have for quite some time, so I don't want to cut Legends Tower too short.

But hey, if they can get it done at the location and with 1,907' - more power to them. I just think it MIGHT make the rest of downtown a little more difficult to fill-in for a while, while we allow Boardwalk to fill.
    I wouldn’t lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    The optimal height is halfway between the height of BancFirst and Devon. Around 650 feet.
    This is the proper answer, in my opinion. Anything in that realm will be providential to balancing the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I heard it was 71.3333(repeating)% complete.
    What Matteson meant was the FAA PDF form was still downloading and was at 71% before he left the office He can't afford the faster internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    what matteson meant was the faa pdf form was still downloading and was at 71% before he left the office he can't afford the faster internet.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    This is the proper answer, in my opinion. Anything in that realm will be providential to balancing the skyline.
    To me, "balancing the skyline" is such a weird thing to prioritize. I think the "proper" height is whatever creates a more vibrant, walkable neighborhood. If we're talking about dreams, I'd love to convert this entire project into 4-6 story mixed use buildings to fill holes in core.

8. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Pete, I believe it was in the OKC Planning meeting where the developer mentioned the FAA status.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Pete, I believe it was in the OKC Planning meeting where the developer mentioned the FAA status.
    The developer was not at the Planning Commission meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    To me, "balancing the skyline" is such a weird thing to prioritize. I think the "proper" height is whatever creates a more vibrant, walkable neighborhood. If we're talking about dreams, I'd love to convert this entire project into 4-6 story mixed use buildings to fill holes in core.
    In the overarching pursuit of creating a cohesive urban fabric you’re saying the right things, but this is just conjecture about making an improbable building fit into the skyline.

Thread Information