Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1940

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The city was not allowed to spend money on plans and designs prior to the vote. Everyone wants to conflate the city's status in all this with that of a private developer. Why can't people understand that cities (and all government entities) are not companies.
    Populous released renderings for Milwaukee’s proposed arena as early as April 2015 while the senate vote was still months out. The city could’ve done something but chose not to. Which is fine. Didn’t mean to turn this thread into arena talk. My other points are far more important

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    KFOR shared full detailed plans in their arcticle: https://kfor.com/news/local/develope...o-okc-skyline/

Note: They have the smaller towers topping out at 345FT, that is with the podium.
    Ok, did they use Chat GPT to word this?

“But, they’re required to build at least 500-million dollars worth of development at least 9-hundred residential units in addition to that hotel and some of the other amenities.”

I just wish the uHaul building would get bought by this group, they bulldoze it and reroute Oklahoma Ave to running straight south into the blvd. I hate that little detour so much.

There’s something about the video screens and LED lights all over the podium that takes away from the design to me. I think it’s what they used for the display, so it probably won’t really be an issue. When I try to imagine it without the screens or even just slightly muted colors that don’t contrast so much, it immediately takes the aesthetic of the structure at-large up a few levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    I just wish the uHaul building would get bought by this group, they bulldoze it and reroute Oklahoma Ave to running straight south into the blvd. I hate that little detour so much.
    The U-Haul building doesn’t even have to be razed. The parking lot for it just has to be torn up and Oklahoma Ave could continue south.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    UHaul actually has a pretty cool little history of that building with an old image of it.
    U-Haul: U-Haul Moving & Storage of Bricktown (uhaul.com)

7. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I mean…hidden underneath the tin skin of the U-Haul building is OKC’s best remaining example of an industrial building from the early 20th other than 21C - oops I mean the Fordson Hotel - but sure, let’s knock it down…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4850.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	18519

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I mean…hidden underneath the tin skin of the U-Haul building is OKC’s best remaining example of an industrial building from the early 20th other than 21C - oops I mean the Fordson Hotel - but sure, let’s knock it down…

Name:	IMG_4850.jpeg 
Views:	127 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	18519
    It’s one of a handful of buildings left in OKC that I’d legit riot if anything besides historical restoration happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    . The city could’ve done something but chose not to.
    this is not correct at all ..

Quote Originally Posted by SagerMichael View Post
    but even if it gets cut 1/3 then it’s a skyline changing tower.
    you don't think 3 of the tallest 10 buildings in OKC would be "skyline changing" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They claim Larry Nichols and the downtown development board wouldn’t approve it because it would overshadow the Devon Tower. I call bullsh!t. They would approve it if it was seriously proposed and build permits submitted.

Furthermore they ask who would live in a building so high. Lots of people live in very tall buildings so I’d guess a lot of people would. Not only that it’ll still be the second tallest residential building in the world when built. I bet it’s successful if built. I will personally guarantee OKC as my second home here as opposed to Edmond if it’s built. I want a unit as high as possible.

If anyone here is ever been on a new modern super tall then you’ll know how fast these elevators move.
    I may be wrong but the lost ogle appears to be mostly BS and satire

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    The U-Haul building doesn’t even have to be razed. The parking lot for it just has to be torn up and Oklahoma Ave could continue south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Had no idea. Pretty cool!

Well then yes, keep the building, remove the tin siding, tear up the parking lot and extend Oklahoma Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
    I may be wrong but the lost ogle appears to be mostly BS and satire
    For the most part id agree but some of the writers(or maybe just one) seems to kinda go back and fourth between blurring the line.

14. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Lol. Definitely an early Christmas for me this year
    I can just see it .... the Panda - luxury living in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I can just see it .... the Panda - luxury living in the sky!
    All I now is I-35 to be widened to 40 lanes so I can see it from southern window If that happens I promise an OKCTalk party at the Devon tower all drinks on me!

All I now is I-35 to be widened to 40 lanes so I can see it from southern window If that happens I promise an OKCTalk party at the Devon tower all drinks on me!
    Ummm..how about an OKCTalk Party at the top of the new 1700+ ft tower?!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Ummm..how about an OKCTalk Party at the top of the new 1700+ ft tower?!
    Now we gotta wait for that but I’m absolutely down! Or up. No pun intended

If construction on the new $5.5 billion refinery actually gets underway in Cushing in 2024, along with the $2+ billion amusement park in northeast Oklahoma, then it might make the 134-story tower seem more realistic or at least a scaled back version. Matteson has said plans can change to make the tower shorter if demand is lower than what he expects.

Are we still looking at construction beginning in June? KOCO said they were told in the next 1 or 2 years

Construction on the first phase is to start as soon as this summer. I think they were talking about the supertall. Remember all this is being built in phases. The twin apartment towers will be first since that is what the TIF was approved for. Followed by the hotel, then supertall.

21. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Construction on the first phase is to start as soon as this summer. I think they were talking about the supertall. Remember all this is being built in phases. The twin apartment towers will be first since that is what the TIF was approved for. Followed by the hotel, then supertall.
    From here on out I am only going to refer to that building as "SuperTall"! Thanks! haha!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    From here on out I am only going to refer to that building as "SuperTall"! Thanks! haha!
    A supertall is defined as a skyscraper with a height of 300 m (984 ft) to 599 m (1,965 ft), so it's a real thing lol. Megatalls are 600+ m.

23. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    A supertall is defined as a skyscraper with a height of 300 m (984 ft) to 599 m (1,965 ft), so it's a real thing lol. Megatalls are 600+ m.
    Just got sent this photo in a work email. So maybe we can call it a SuperHaul!

Name:	Uhaul.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18521

In my opinion. None of this is being built. Do not set yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Just got sent this photo in a work email. So maybe we can call it a SuperHaul!

Name:	Uhaul.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	18521
    Goddamnit.

Thread Information