Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The heights of the two hotels are shown at 250 feet; those would be the two tallest hotels in OKC. The Omni is 214 feet.

The residential building would be 300 feet; that would be the tallest residential tower in OKC; the Regency is 238 and Founders Tower is 275.

The residential building would be the 9th tallest in OKC; the hotels would be tied at 18th.
    How tall is the First National Building?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    First National is a mixed-use building, not just a residential tower.

City Place has condos at the top as well.

Is that a waterfall from the swimming pool down into the lagoon? How cool!

Was this approved? If so, what is the next step in the process? Seems like OKC has so many steps for projects to go through, the some lose steam.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Was this approved? If so, what is the next step in the process? Seems like OKC has so many steps for projects to go through, the some lose steam.
    Yes, it was approved.

There are no remaining approvals needed, other than submitting building permit applications.

Yes, it was approved.

There are no remaining approvals needed, other than submitting building permit applications.
    It—or perhaps specifically the zoning change request—will at least be voted on by City Council first though, no? (Not that there's any reason to expect them to reject it)

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    It—or perhaps specifically the zoning change request—will at least be voted on by City Council first though, no? (Not that there's any reason to expect them to reject it)
    Technically, yes council has to approve but that is always a rubber stamp, especially when there is no organized opposition (which there isn't in this case).

And it wouldn't slow them down in any event, because it generally takes months for a building permit to get final approval on a project of this scale. I don't think they are very close to applying for permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Speaking as the same person who called the speculative towers across the boulevard DOA the moment they were proposed (and who got dragged on this forum for my trouble) I can say that this development stands a pretty good chance of being built.
    This makes me happy. By the way Urbanized, you and your crew did a really good job on the Fourth.

Blog Entries

no organized opposition
    You mean the hundreds if not thousands that griped on social media didn't go to bat for their parking rights?

11. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

I like it but would LOVE it if the buildings were pushed to the street and had retail. I LOVE the above ground garage with building on top - we need much more of this; seriuosly - as opposed to garage on a LOT next to towers (Imagine if BOK had the tower above a partially underground/mostly above ground garage - ---.

Honestly, THIS is the proposal I was expecting for Alley's End 4th and EKG location,

but I can say it does start to expand downtown and could help redo lower bricktown into more of a town centre; which would be a good thing over what it is today.

Here to high hopes that it gets built as rendered and hopefully they add some ground floor retail storefronts - that would enhance pedestrian interaction and expand bricktown toward the CC. Hopefully also this could help make Thunder Alley a reality, into OKC's version of LA Live. ...

I'm onboard!! and will surely patronize when I visit.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

12. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

guys, I have a feeling OKC may be ready to go into another boom cycle downtown.

Just consider where we've come from and now what's proposed and in the pipeline (lots according to Pete IIRC and SteveL); OKC's going to look great once the TV audience returns for national NBA, WCWS, etc broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    guys, I have a feeling OKC may be ready to go into another boom cycle downtown.

Just consider where we've come from and now what's proposed and in the pipeline (lots according to Pete IIRC and SteveL); OKC's going to look great once the TV audience returns for national NBA, WCWS, etc broadcasts.
    I don't follow Steve. What all has he been mentioning?

Yes, what are Steve's "sources" telling us right now?

Great to see something like this proposed. Do we have a named architect for this project? The initial concept looks great, but too early to get my hopes up.

Kinda reminds me of the OG&E 4 tower proposal 6 years ago, was grand but very preliminary, and nothing ever came to fruition. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but we know how all this works.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Do we have a named architect for this project?
    https://www.cube3.com/

Thanks Pete!

19. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

You all know how SteveL is, he teased us in his chat about many projects in the pipeline.

Interestingly though, he said none were highrises but mid-rise infill. So he may not have the skinny on this project; which is clearly a multi-highrise game changer for Lower Bricktown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    First National is 446 and 493 feet tall--with spiral IIRC. The new towers will be comparable in height to One Leadership Square 308' and Union Plaza '252. It will impact the skyline more than Leadership Square because it won't be nestled in among taller structures.

Nice renderings Pete, keep up the exceptional work.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    First National is 493 feet tall--with spiral IIRC. The new towers will be comparable in height to One Leadership Square 308' and Union Plaza '252. It will impact the skyline more than Leadership Square because it won't be nestled in among taller structures.

Nice renderings Pete, keep up the exceptional work.
    Thanks for the comparisons. The only building I knew to compare height to was The Classen apartment building which is over 200'. Yeah, 300' and 250' will be pretty game changing for the skyline. Where it will really give the impression of a filled in skyline is coming down the Boulevard approaching downtown off 40. The buildings will be pretty close to the middle between Omni and Devon.

The skyline view I always think about is the view from the north, I guess because I grew up going up and down the Broadway Extension. I feel in that view these will be tall enough to see just to the left of the existing buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    That's a big property. Just look at the very large new Bricktown Renaissance hotel on Sheridan in that pic. You could fit like 6 of those buildings on that area (with no room to spare of course, just comparing the scale).

Hopefully, his plans include some density and street interaction. I would love to stay in a hotel with a room overlooking the BNSF viaduct. Very busy line and I love trains.
    In the name of science, I cutout the Cotter Ranch tower footprint and pasted over the Uhaul lot for size reference. Three Cotters easily fit. The 4th may be a stretch, but goes to show just how much opportunity for development there is in these $#@%! surface lots!!

Blog Entries

Cotter Ranch Tower, what is this, 2017? :-P

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Cotter Ranch Tower, what is this, 2017? :-P
    Haha... as I was typing this, I wrote "Chase Tower", then changed to Cotter Ranch, only to realize I wrote Chase tower again in the second sentence.

Thread Information