Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These are from today's Planning Commission meeting; going on now:

bump

Pretty neat little complex

My first thought was "I love it, but too much forest along Reno", but then I looked at that westward facing view along Reno and it's already a big stretch of trees along there. Would be nice to get more street interaction but if we didn't and instead got these three towers as proposed I would not be even a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    A few more screenshots (feel free to consolidate, Pete) -- I couldn't get them all, but it's worth watching. They are seeking rezoning for a residential tower to be *300* feet, with parking above retail and residences above that. This would almost certainly be a game changer in downtown residential prospects.

Talk about a fantastic addition to the skyline, an honest to god expansion of downtown which we didn't really get with the Omni just yet considering how separated off it is for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    if all 3 towers get built this would be a home run
    Agree.

And yet, how confident are you that the ultimate development will be anywhere close to this ambitious?

I'm feeling deja vu from the whiplash we have received numerous times from developers in the past, including this one.

Neat but I'll believe it when I see it.

^

Hogan has an experienced hotel developer as part of this.

Nothing is done until it's done but no reason to be doubting it at this stage.

Looks a little bit solarpunk considering how covered in trees the development is, including up on the buildings.

I really hope this happens. With Broadway place just around the corner it would all be amazing!

I actually don’t have as much of a problem with it now seeing this site plan it looks better situated.

The heights of the two hotels are shown at 250 feet; those would be the two tallest hotels in OKC. The Omni is 214 feet.

The residential building would be 300 feet; that would be the tallest residential tower in OKC; the Regency is 238 and Founders Tower is 275.

The residential building would be the 9th tallest in OKC; the hotels would be tied at 18th.

The architect mentioned there would be rooftop bars on both hotels and 'signature' restaurants along the lagoon. The roofs of those towers will offer awesome skyline views.

I mentioned previously that they are hoping to land a Dream Hotel, which would be an incredible get.

Time to update my downtown hotel listing; the Omni, FNC, the Renaissance and now possibly these two towers. That's a massive upgrade from just a year ago.

Remove the lagoon and make it like McGregor Square in Denver.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-08 145532.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	16946

Would be cool, but for sure seems like an over promise & under deliver situation.

Is there any word on Hotel brands yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Is there any word on Hotel brands yet?
    Possibly a Dream Hotel.

19. Default Re: Uhaul Lot

Speaking as the same person who called the speculative towers across the boulevard DOA the moment they were proposed (and who got dragged on this forum for my trouble) I can say that this development stands a pretty good chance of being built.

Blog Entries

Everybody got all worked up about parking for nothing. Didn't even realize before that there's an undground garage, which is great. How much you wanna bet the people that complained on social won't use them (because not free).

150 residential units proposed here to add to Alley's End, Boulevard Place, and 700 West. That is a lot of residential proposed for the downtown area. Very cool to see that.

^

Don't forget First National apartments will come online by the end of the year.

And Mazaheri is obligated to somewhat quickly develop the lot on the SW corner of Hudson and the boulevard by the terms he struck with the city. That should be more mid-rise residential. Lots of other things in the queue.

If the residential tower looks anything like that drawing, I would legit live there. Eco-futuristic style with foliage on the roof and sides of the building make this hard to believe. But I am happy the whole building-on-top-of-garage thing is finally growing in OKC.

Going from the OKC area to Lincoln Nebraska for college, I was amazed at the amount of buildings with parking garages built beneath them. Especially considering Lincoln is nowhere close to the same size as OKC.

I like this! I'll be glad when more renderings are released showing more detail than the simple drawings, but I certainly like what I see so far. I can't say I'm surprised that the mood of most people has changed since the released renderings, vs the initial site plans lol. Any time frame for this?

Thread Information