Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OKCTalk Podcast Ideas

Default Re: OKCTalk Podcast Ideas

A super local podcast would be awesome, and given how strong your finger is on the pulse of what’s going on I’d definitely listen. Also echo the 20-30 minute recommendation, that’s commute length and easier to digest.

Think it is a great idea. Agree with younger voices in the co-host role.

Dedicated segments and regular contributors.

An hour can be a heavy lift. Maybe you record a couple three test runs in order to get a feel for your comfort level and how you think you are keeping it interesting.

I agree there are plenty of podcasts out there, but entertaining and interesting find their audience. I’m sure you will do well.

3. Default Re: OKCTalk Podcast Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Hi, Pete! I've hosted my own podcast for 5 years now and it's one of the best decisions I've made. I think this would be great. I am happy to answer any questions you might have along the way.

Since you're considering adding video anyway, why not just record your episodes live on YouTube using StreamYard where you can post visuals. Then download that audio to podcast apps. People will have the option to listen on either format each with their own benefits. The YouTube one will include visuals. The audio podcast will be shorter and edited. I think that could work great.

I'm just going to say that I hope you bring UrbanizedOkie on. I learned so much from you and him on this board.
    Super kind, Dan! I'm sure Pete can come up with a huge list of better options before getting to me, though! Besides, Pete and I always have our best convos over beers, often with very loud live music in the background.

I'll definitely be a listener, though!

I agree about young listeners, but I think it would be great to hear some older input. Definitely would love to see a sort of a "Radiolab" type episode of a place like Paseo talking to people who were around in its earlier days and pass the whole story along through multiple generations.

Great idea. Look forward to listening. My interest in OKC comes and goes based on how busy my life is at that particular period of time. I find myself having to play catch-up. I have a long commute to work and would definitely listen in on the drive, a great way to passively keep up to date.

Topics I would like to see discussed:

1. Why developments fail. This could be the announced with great renderings that never happened, dirt work started, but never went up and sold off or construction started and never completed.

2. How did COVID affect retail.

3. Biggest development disappointment from rendering to build. Biggest improvement from rendering to build

4. As a developer, how to structure ownership and pay out when you have silent partners.

Just a few when I saw this that I thought would be interesting to hear discussions of.

I'd leave to hear from the ULI Oklahoma folks who travel to other cities and are seeking out ideas of what could be translated to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I'd leave to hear from the ULI Oklahoma folks who travel to other cities and are seeking out ideas of what could be translated to OKC.
    Sam day would be a good person for that.

Blog Entries

I believe Sam took another job and moved recently, but you should be able to hit him up on Twitter

Thread Information