Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Us-412

Default Us-412

If this happens, it could be pretty significant for NE Oklahoma. Senator Inhofe is working to make US-412 an interstate from I-35 all the way to the Arkansas border which would also be extended to I-49. I know Arkansas has several high profile projects like the Belle Vista Bypass to connect the I-49 gap and XNA road around the airport.

This would require some pretty substantial upgrades in Oklahoma as well as Arkansas who will likely see the biggest upgrades needed as a complete new alignment through some challenging terrain. It seems like Oklahoma will have the easiest upgrade work. I just hope they propose removing the tolls for a new intestate. Interstates should NOT be tolled.

Here is the Tulsa world article on it:

https://tulsaworld.com/community/san...355c94a0e.html

Default Re: Us-412

If this becomes a reality, whatever it is numbered(someone mentioned on AAROADS I-46) it could potentially mean two new interstates for Tulsa if I-45 is extended to Tulsa which it should be.

This is an interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    If this becomes a reality, whatever it is numbered(someone mentioned on AAROADS I-46) it could potentially mean two new interstates for Tulsa if I-45 is extended to Tulsa which it should be.
    I agree with both of these ideas but I'd love to see an l-46 extended going by Woodward and up to Lymon, CO. as a Denver connector

Blog Entries

Why would it not be signed as as I-50? North of I-40 and I-50 doesn't currently exist.

Could be an interesting way to get Inhofe/Lankford on board an infrastructure bill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Why would it not be signed as as I-50? North of I-40 and I-50 doesn't currently exist.
    Sorry, I-50 and I-60 don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Two digit designations that end in 5 or 0 are reserved for the major/longest freeways on the system, 44 did not get a #0 designation and is like three times as long as this new one would be. 50 fits pretty well in the ordering and direction of travel, but unless they are leaning to naming it for future expansion in both directions, that seems unlikely to be chosen.

As Mug suggested it could one day be extended west to connect to a future OKC-Denver interstate

11. Default Re: Us-412

For the record, l don't care what the number is. There is simply a need for a NW to SE route. In my perfect world, Denver to OKC to Texarkana.

^^^ that would be great route

I-45 from Dallas to Tulsa would be great. US 75 is already limited access from Dallas north to Durant and also along the Indian Nation Turnpike. The key choke points in need of major upgrades are from Durant to the Indian Nation Turnpike and from Henryetta to Glenpool especially through Okmulgee. US 75 is already undergoing upgrades to limited access in Tulsa County.

For US 412 the Oklahoma potions are mostly limited access already but the Arkansas portion would need major work.

yes... it needs to go out to woodward and then either to guymon and into colorado, or through the edge of kansas... then either take it up to limon or to colorado springs, either one

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes... it needs to go out to woodward and then either to guymon and into colorado, or through the edge of kansas... then either take it up to limon or to colorado springs, either one
    I think you would have to get Kansas and Colorado on board as they would have the biggest portions. CO is working on a multi-billion dollar project to widen and lower I-70 through Denver and also widen I-25 between Denver and Colo Springs. They also at some point will be widening 70 through the mountains west of Denver which will cost tens of billions of dollars. So they may be a little preoccupied..

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I think you would have to get Kansas and Colorado on board as they would have the biggest portions. CO is working on a multi-billion dollar project to widen and lower I-70 through Denver and also widen I-25 between Denver and Colo Springs. They also at some point will be widening 70 through the mountains west of Denver which will cost tens of billions of dollars. So they may be a little preoccupied..
    or could be the best time to get some additional federal funds for all of it.

Blog Entries

Post Re: Us-412

Every type of road designated for Tulsa ends up in the Toll Road hopper.

If this can be done without it becoming another Tulsa Toll would be a great get for Oklahoma. Problem is Republicans aren't on board with Biden's infrastructure plan which could fund something of this magnitude without it becoming a toll road.

Tulsa IMO could could benefit from an interstate (non toll) expressway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

If this can be done without it becoming another Tulsa Toll would be a great get for Oklahoma. Problem is Republicans aren't on board with Biden's infrastructure plan which could fund something of this magnitude without it becoming a toll road.

This highway is already almost completely built in Oklahoma and is already has toll road sections both east and west of Tulsa. The Cimarron and Cherokee turnpikes.

All that Oklahoma would need to build is a by-pass around West Siloam Springs and upgrade a couple of small sections east of Tulsa around Inola to fully limited access. And that part of 412 is already four lanes divided. For the most part in Oklahoma this would just be a signage change.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

it already is a toll road and interstate grade .. from Tulsa all the way to 8 miles from the arkansas border ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it already is a toll road and interstate grade .. from Tulsa all the way to 8 miles from the arkansas border ..
    Not true - there are sections between the Verdigris River and US 69 with at-grade intersections that would need to be upgraded

I-45 from Dallas to Tulsa would be great. US 75 is already limited access from Dallas north to Durant and also along the Indian Nation Turnpike. The key choke points in need of major upgrades are from Durant to the Indian Nation Turnpike and from Henryetta to Glenpool especially through Okmulgee. US 75 is already undergoing upgrades to limited access in Tulsa County.

For US 412 the Oklahoma potions are mostly limited access already but the Arkansas portion would need major work.
    Tulsa’s freeways are in dire need of massive investment to the tune of billions. The US-75/I-44 interchange barely scratches the surface and even it still isn’t fully funded.

I-244/US-412 needs a massive overhaul starting at Sheridan going to US-169. It’d likely be north of a billion. Remove left exits and replace the 169 interchange to a full directional stack as like the high five in Dallas.

OkDOT has neglected Tulsa in similar fashion to Tennessee neglecting Memphis although maybe it’s not as bad. I also wish OkDOT would place some of the downtown freeways in tunnels to reconnect Tulsa to the waterfront. One can dream.

Not true - there are sections between the Verdigris River and US 69 with at-grade intersections that would need to be upgraded
    thank you for the correction .... for some reason i blocked this section out of my mind .. ..

23. Default Re: Us-412

They just opened a few miles of the under ground part of l-70 this past weekend.

It looks like ODOT will discuss the US-412 designation in its June transportation commission meeting on Monday:

Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will update commission members on transportation funding provisions in the state budget as well as ongoing congressional discussions about federal infrastructure funding and possible interstate designation for US-412.
    https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/ne...ting-sche.html

Tulsa’s freeways are in dire need of massive investment to the tune of billions. The US-75/I-44 interchange barely scratches the surface and even it still isn’t fully funded.

I-244/US-412 needs a massive overhaul starting at Sheridan going to US-169. It’d likely be north of a billion. Remove left exits and replace the 169 interchange to a full directional stack as like the high five in Dallas.

OkDOT has neglected Tulsa in similar fashion to Tennessee neglecting Memphis although maybe it’s not as bad. I also wish OkDOT would place some of the downtown freeways in tunnels to reconnect Tulsa to the waterfront. One can dream.
    Gotta challenge you on this one PluPan. The only part of the IDL anywhere near the river is the SW interchange. If you tried to bury it, you wouldn't be able to get high enough to bridge the river or the railroad. EB 64 (hidden I-444) from there drops down to below grade immediately after crossing Houston St. There are few to no barriers to reaching River Parks from downtown.

Thread Information