Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheddars

Large Chain Cheddars

Cheddars is planning a new location near Quail Springs Mall, on the site of the shuttered TGI Fridays:

Default Re: Cheddars

About time! We are tired of driving to Yukon for our Cheddars fix.

I agree this is about time! Looking forward to seeing if they have changed up and or improved their corporate menu.

I too also enjoy cheddars more than fridays.

I've been. I don't understand the appeal.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    None of these words sound appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    +1. Cheddars is amazing. Big improvement over Friday’s or Tuesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    None of these words sound appealing.
    Heh, seconded... We just don't eat at Cheddars/Fridays/Applebees/Ruby Tuesdays/Chilis/Whatevers (and yeah, I know there are some apostrophes missing), haven't patronized any of those in years, if not decades.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    +1. Cheddars is amazing. Big improvement over Friday’s or Tuesdays.

This guy gets it.

Blog Entries

If you are looking for gastronomic amazement, Cheddars isn’t your place. They do basic things well and pretty consistently. Not every meal has to be an experience. But, good consistent value and a family oriented restaurant with a nice selection of dishes properly prepared is better than what has been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If you are looking for gastronomic amazement, Cheddars isn’t your place. They do basic things well and pretty consistently. Not every meal has to be an experience. But, good consistent value and a family oriented restaurant with a nice selection of dishes properly prepared is better than what has been there.
    Exactly, having a 3 year old who is rather picky at this time, a place like Cheddars will go a long way in our house when we decide to take him out. It's nothing fancy, but it's heads and shoulders above the other options they compete against.

Bingo. I wish Cheddars would appear somewhere in SW OKC.

Been to Cheddars once and got indigestion from the pork chop dinner. I have been happy with Charlestons as a better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Been to Cheddars once and got indigestion from the pork chop dinner. I have been happy with Charlestons as a better alternative.
    Apples and oranges. Charleston's has a much more limited menu and is more expensive. My wife and I love Charleston's but we are empty nesters and can swing it. IMO, Cheddars is way better than Chili's, Applebees, Friday's, etc.

Blog Entries

Went to Boulevard once and got indigestion. Went to Burger King and didn’t. I guess BK is a better alternative.

Went to Boulevard once and got indigestion. Went to Burger King and didn’t. I guess BK is a better alternative.
    You got indigestion at BLVD due the Martini's that you couldn't get at BK! HA. But your point is very valid. I grew up in N. Dallas and we had Cheddar's before we had Chili's and Chili's was born in Dallas. Always been a fan and the price point is perfect for families.

Meh, weak analogy. That being said first impressions are lasting impressions. My trip to Cheddars was my first(and last). Looking at Yelp my local Cheddars gets 3 stars and Applebee's and Chilies get 2.5. Seems comparable, but whatever. If you find Burger King and Cheddars desirable, then enjoy, as taste is subjective. Bon Appetit.

We are talking about a middle of the road restaurant. You either like it or not. I would eat at a different five star restaurant everyday if I could. The service at all those chain restaurants along Memorial have been crappy. Too many restaurants with two little employees to pick from.

Blog Entries

Meh, weak analogy. That being said first impressions are lasting impressions. My trip to Cheddars was my first(and last). Looking at Yelp my local Cheddars gets 3 stars and Applebee's and Chilies get 2.5. Seems comparable, but whatever. If you find Burger King and Cheddars desirable, then enjoy, as taste is subjective. Bon Appetit.
    So, of course you completely failed to understand the point. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    This, they are just okay. Maybe the appeal is folks like to eat on the cheap ?

I took this yesterday (Wednesday). The old TGI Friday's has yet to be demolished.

I thought they were renovating the existing building

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    I thought they were renovating the existing building
    No, their building permit application expressly states they will demo the existing structure and build completely new.

Old TGI Friday's coming down this morning:

Thread Information