Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheddars

Default Re: Cheddars

Friday has been cancelled, replaced with cheese.

Glad to hear they took down the old building and not just a remodel. The last two times I was in Fridays (about 1 year apart) there was an odor in the restaurant that was really bad.

We gave Cheddars about a dozen tries and finally stopped going. Each time the service was lousy or the food was terrible. The last visit it was both. The only thing I can see going for this place is the nice decor and the portions. The portions are huge compared to most places.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    We gave Cheddars about a dozen tries and finally stopped going. Each time the service was lousy or the food was terrible. The last visit it was both. The only thing I can see going for this place is the nice decor and the portions. The portions are huge compared to most places.
    Which location?

We go pretty often to the one in Norman. The service has been basically on par with most full service restaurants in the area during the pandemic. They’ve had trouble getting enough workers and have a number of newbies. But the ones they have have for the most part tried hard and been friendly. Lots of other places with worse service.
    And, for the price point, the food is pretty darn good. They have several things that are done very, very well. Good family place. But, don’t expect food quality of the Ranch or Metro for their pricing.

Cheddars took away my favorite options. The chicken parm and the meatlloaf.

They took away the onion ring stack about a year ago. The best thing they had going for them food wise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post

Yeah I'll never go to Cheddar's again. Their food was awful.

The only thing I ever liked at Cheddar's was this baked spaghetti/lasagna dish called "spasagna". At some point they got rid of it and I haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Which location?

We go pretty often to the one in Norman. The service has been basically on par with most full service restaurants in the area during the pandemic. They’ve had trouble getting enough workers and have a number of newbies. But the ones they have have for the most part tried hard and been friendly. Lots of other places with worse service.
    And, for the price point, the food is pretty darn good. They have several things that are done very, very well. Good family place. But, don’t expect food quality of the Ranch or Metro for their pricing.
    Midwest City. They were open long before the pandemic or worker shortage was even a thing. The experience was so bad the last time we’re done with Cheddars.

Recently ate at the Cheddars in Norman (first time at that location) after traveling back from Winstar. The service was OK. We were seated in the bar area and waitress was also the bar tender. The food was mediocre at best. We normally go to the one in Yukon and it is only slightly better. It seems like their food was better 3-4 years ago when the only one around for us was in Midwest City.

anyone know when the opening date is?

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMutt View Post
    anyone know when the opening date is?
    I believe it will be October 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe it will be October 10th.
    Sign in parking lot confirm this.