Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon 4-Star

Default Re: Amazon 4-Star

Quote Originally Posted by btmec View Post
    It's all about instant gratification. Today's generation wants things now. They aren't willing to wait. I remember was a kid when we would order something from TV they would say, "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" and that was a standard.
    Wait — standard brick and mortar stores, the foundation of commerce for most cities — are now the product of those whippersnappers who lack the attention spans of the (insert complimentary adjective here) older generations? That is a wild take.

Quote Originally Posted by btmec View Post
    It's all about instant gratification. Today's generation wants things now. They aren't willing to wait. I remember was a kid when we would order something from TV they would say, "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" and that was a standard. You had to pay extra for Saturday delivery. Just last Sunday, I had a FedEx delivery arrive from New York that was sent on Saturday. That was unheard of just a few years ago.
    i don't believe you could take home anything from this store .. i think if you ordered there it was shipped to you

3. Default Re: Amazon 4-Star

Quote Originally Posted by dhpersonal View Post
    Wait — standard brick and mortar stores, the foundation of commerce for most cities — are now the product of those whippersnappers who lack the attention spans of the (insert complimentary adjective here) older generations? That is a wild take.
    It's got to be sarcasm... right?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i don't believe you could take home anything from this store .. i think if you ordered there it was shipped to you
    No, the Amazon stores were literally traditional stores where you pick product off shelf and go to a checkout counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    No, the Amazon stores were literally traditional stores where you pick product off shelf and go to a checkout counter.
    thank you for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I always thought it was odd that a company who built and conquered online shopping would want to spend money on brick and mortar stores.
    While they have a an advantage online in some areas, there are still others that purchasing/selling locally makes sense. No doubt they have plenty of data on where this might be.

Nevermind just read back a few posts and saw that it was canceled

Thread Information