Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon 4-Star

Default Re: Amazon 4-Star

I had one issue with the UPS return for Amazon. I returned 4 items, in the original shipping box but not taped up or labeled (couldn’t find my tape gun). Amazon processed refund instantly, then several days later revoked one of the refunds saying they were still waiting for the item. I don’t believe they ever got the item, but after a few conversations with Amazon they hesitantly manually refunded me. It was. $70 item, or otherwise I may not have pursued it any further.

You can return Amazon items at Kohls. No worry about shipping yourself.

I went to return a small item at the Edmond Kohls and they told me I had to go to UPS store to return to Amazon. Sorry I don't remember the reason. There was a UPS store in the same shopping plaza so no big deal.

4. Default Re: Amazon 4-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    How is parking availability at Classen Curve? I have a feeling that the new Amazon brick and mortar will be super popular and people will have to walk a good distance to the new store.
    When Red Coyote has Pint Night runs. The parking lot can get full or have other fun things going on.

The plans are out to bid for this project. The expected finish date provided appears to be mid to late November.

Work has started on the interior of this store.

The name really bothers me for some reason. Like “almost good but not great”.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The name really bothers me for some reason. Like “almost good but not great”.
    And it's a pretty ridiculous concept when people can leave 5-star reviews like this - "Bought it for my childrens' Christmas presents and they haven't used it yet". Their team of curators is going to be busy sorting through the chaff......

They now have a "coming soon" page on their website. I know they have been working away inside; my best guess is they are about 6-8 weeks out.

Amazon 4-Star OKC

Are they going to have checkouts or are they going checkout-less?

I remember some of Amazon's first stores did not have checkouts. It would automatically charge your prime account when you walked out the door.

I'm about done with Amazon. Rumor is Prime is going up to $149 a year now. Even though I buy things from them it's not becoming worth it. Walmart might be a better option

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    I'm about done with Amazon. Rumor is Prime is going up to $149 a year now. Even though I buy things from them it's not becoming worth it. Walmart might be a better option
    It's going to be $139/year, up from $119.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    good luck with walmart. i did 6 months of walmart plus and it made me realize how much Prime is worth it... even at $139 a year...

Getting close:

Nice! Thanks for the pics. I’ll frequent this store when I’m in town.

welp... this stinks...

https://www.reuters.com/business/ret...ps-2022-03-02/

March 2 (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc on Wednesday told Reuters it plans to close all 68 of its physical book stores, pop up shops and "4-star" stores in the United States and United Kingdom, ending some of its longest-running experiments in physical retail.

no surprise there... i'm not sure how anybody at amazon thought that this would be a good idea.

Timing sucks, and it likely would have done well. But this terminates their lease, and Classen Curve has plenty of interest from exclusive and upscale stores, I'm sure. Pete will be able to verify that, and I don't think this will mire in ambiguity for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Timing sucks, and it likely would have done well. But this terminates their lease, and Classen Curve has plenty of interest from exclusive and upscale stores, I'm sure. Pete will be able to verify that, and I don't think this will mire in ambiguity for too long.
    I mean, it's not the end of the world the fancy shopping center won't have an ugly Amazon logo hanging around down there, but it was a store I'd probably swing by when I'm in the area. Oh, well. Hope they get something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    They closed the Amazon books store in the Palisades. I wasn’t too shocked they couldn’t make the bookstores work but I am a little surprised they didn’t make the 4 star stores work. Maybe they should’ve made them more exclusive and only sold five star products.

Blog Entries

So it's closed before it opened?

^

Sounds like it.

The timing seems odd but they always had stores in various stages of opening so it's just the luck of the draw that they actually started work and installed a sign at Classen Curve, then completely pulled the plug.

Given the prowess Washington Prime has demonstrated in finding great, national tenants for CC, I would expect them to fill that spot pretty quickly.

Personally, I'm disappointed because I think it would have been fun to go in and see a bunch of their popular products. But above all, Amazon is incredibly shrewd and although this all seemed like a good idea, with the on-going pandemic I'm sure they realized resources were better spent on their massive home delivery apparatus.

I always thought it was odd that a company who built and conquered online shopping would want to spend money on brick and mortar stores.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I always thought it was odd that a company who built and conquered online shopping would want to spend money on brick and mortar stores.
    It's all about instant gratification. Today's generation wants things now. They aren't willing to wait. I remember was a kid when we would order something from TV they would say, "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" and that was a standard. You had to pay extra for Saturday delivery. Just last Sunday, I had a FedEx delivery arrive from New York that was sent on Saturday. That was unheard of just a few years ago.

Thread Information