Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave's Hot Chicken

Bricktown3 Dave's Hot Chicken

Dave's Hot Chicken coming to Bricktown

A Los Angeles-based restaurant specializing in hot chicken tenders and sliders is planning up to eight locations in the Oklahoma City area, with the first planned for Lower Bricktown.

Dave's Hot Chicken announced that it has signed a franchise agreement with Brian Bogert, brothers Kory and Kelly Allen, Cole Lipscomb and Courtney Makin. Bogert founded The Social Order restaurant group which operates the Jones Assembly and all the local Fuzzy's Taco Shops. The Allens have operated three Alfredo's Mexican cafe locations and have been partners with Bogert in three Fuzzy's locations. Lipscomb and Mankin are also with the Social Order group.

Dave Kopushyan and three friends initially opened the concept as a parking lot pop-up which since expanded to multiple brick-and-mortar locations primarily in Southern California. New sites are under development in Dallas and Houston among other markets.

Dave's is a fast-casual restaurant with counter service and a drive-thru where possible.

The menu is simple, offering tenders, sliders, fries, cheese fries, kale slaw, and mac & cheese. Spice for the chicken is offered in a range from “No Spice” to “Reaper”.

The Lower Bricktown location will be in the space formerly operated as a Sonic Cafe and will feature indoor dining as well as a large patio. The former Sonic space has been closed for some time due to the pandemic and is adjacent to Fuzzy's near the Harkins Theater.

Default Re: Dave's Hot Chicken

this looks great

I did not realize the Sonic was closed.

It should do great.
    These types of quick casual, order at the counter restaurants do well in Bricktown with the visitors and the local lunch workers.
    Fuzzys has been a succes since taking the italian place and Texadelphia too.

Suzzys missed on this simplicity. I tried a couple of times and it was so confusing.

The Fuzzy's next door is always slammed.

Sonic was open first week of April when I was down there anyway this place looks good but unless these chicken fingers are huge $10.99 for 2 fingers and fries seems a tad pricey. Then again your probably paying more since your "downtown".

^

That menu is from one of their California locations.

Prices here will likely be different/lower.

Dude if the quality is anything close to the LA locations this will be the best chicken joint in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dude if the quality is anything close to the LA locations this will be the best chicken joint in the city.
    Good to hear, I was disappointed with Nashbird, will give this place a try.

And having a drive-thru at most of their OKC locations will be a big advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    I did not realize the Sonic was closed.
    Same, I always thought it’d be a great place to refresh though. Love the location and it’ll be nice that it gets freshened up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Good to hear, I was disappointed with Nashbird, will give this place a try.
    Dave’s is waaaaay better than Nashbird IMO

12. Default Re: Dave's Hot Chicken

Woof, those are some expensive tenders! $3.50 a slice!

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Woof, those are some expensive tenders! $3.50 a slice!
    That is a menu from California.

Menu on their website doesn't have prices so it must vary on location.

I wish Sonic had cared more about that location. It could have been more of a tourist attraction as a Sonic where they offered new items before they released nationally and did other stuff. The only time I went to that Sonic it was depressing. Hope the new place succeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Menu on their website doesn't have prices so it must vary on location.
    If you go to each location's menu, they are the same prices so I would be surprised to see much cheaper here.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I wish Sonic had cared more about that location. It could have been more of a tourist attraction as a Sonic where they offered new items before they released nationally and did other stuff. The only time I went to that Sonic it was depressing. Hope the new place succeeds.
    I wish Sonic just cared anymore. Aside from their drinks, most of that stuff is just junk anymore. My kids love it, but I can't stand it like I used to growing up in the 80s.

Pretty high dollar tenders.
    Last edited by Head; 05-11-2021 at 01:47 PM. Reason: wrong quote

Hell yeah!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    Pretty high dollar tenders.
    They're $0.50 more than Nashbird....

Is this still happening? They haven’t added OKC to the list of coming soon. I’ll be sending them a message.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is this still happening? They haven’t added OKC to the list of coming soon. I’ll be sending them a message.
    They have signed the lease in Lower Bricktown but have yet to file any building permits, so it's going to be a while.

They have started works inside the Sonic location. From what I saw at lunch, they are doing demolition for now.

Dave's Hot Chicken is taking both the old Sonic space and what was Jumpin' Jackalope on the north side. The plan is to have the new restaurant interact more with Reno and take advantage of the exposure to the Bricktown Ballpark. Should change the look and feel of this area.

They are also slightly expanding Fuzzy's -- both the seating and kitchen -- to the north.

Pete, will be building a patio to the north? That would really create a good interaction with Reno. Almost all of their locations I've been to in SoCal have patios.

Thread Information