Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dave's Hot Chicken

Default Re: Dave's Hot Chicken

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I checked this place out finally. It was pretty dead on a Tuesday night, and I think there was even a concert at Paycom - so it was surprising to see there was like 10 people total in the entire place.
    That's the cruel reality of fast food concepts/franchises, the consumers are always looking for new things somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    That's the cruel reality of fast food concepts/franchises, the consumers are always looking for new things somewhere else.
    Or maybe part of the chicken glut of OKC

Or the fact it was a Tuesday night after school started and during the state fair.

Dave's is doing plenty of business, on average.

For what it's worth - last Friday I ordered Dave's via DoorDash and though I thought the spice level didn't live up to it's name (I got Extra Hot but it wasn't really that spicy), otherwise I was thoroughly pleased. I got the sliders and the chicken was hot, flavorful, and juicy, the sauce was delicious, and the bun was soft and had a good flavor. The mac & cheese was quite good as were the fries, too. Good stuff - I'll definitely order again.

Mid-Sept to End-Oct is always the worst time for fast food operations. Kids back in school. Bills coming in from back to school shopping or last minute vacations. Busy with fall sports.

Looks like a location is going in Edmond on 2nd street in the old Chicken Salad Chick location by Neighborhood Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Looks like a location is going in Edmond on 2nd street in the old Chicken Salad Chick location by Neighborhood Jam.
    Yes. I should have posted this some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Is Dave's as good as Nashbirds?

Haven't had Nashbirds in about 2 years but each time I had it I loved it.
    I think Nashbird adds too much batter to their chicken.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46D2E1C6-5AEA-4493-BAD4-D4E8A0070985.jpeg 
Views:	70 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	18264
    Pulled from their website

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I think Nashbird adds too much batter to their chicken.
    I have not had Nashbird since before the pandemic began - so I don't know if their recipe changed at all since then - but that was my complaint with their chicken as well.

I've had Dave's a fair bit in the last couple of years and personally I feel it lives up to the hype. Very, very good.

I recently had Dave's for a 2nd time and I really liked it.

I specified "Hot" which is two clicks down from the very hottest, but next time I will go one level up. What I had was spicy but I would have preferred a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I recently had Dave's for a 2nd time and I really liked it.

I specified "Hot" which is two clicks down from the very hottest, but next time I will go one level up. What I had was spicy but I would have preferred a bit more.
    Extra hot is my sweet spot - a great balance of flavor and spice, while still being quite spicy. I still want to try the Reaper level spice sometime just to say I've experienced it lol

Dave's opens Oct. 13th at 2404 East 2nd St in Edmond.

One will be opening at Chisholm Creek, per OKC building permits.

The Cycle Bar space, which is a stand-alone building closest to Western:

Great addition. Too bad Dave's hot chicken will probably generate more pounds on people during its first month of operation than people lost while it was a cycle bar. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Great addition. Too bad Dave's hot chicken will probably generate more pounds on people during its first month of operation than people lost while it was a cycle bar. lol
    Hey ! We are not the 44 th state in life expectancy for no reason ! Plus I think the USA is the only western country with a life expectancy going the wrong way, mostly because of all obesity related issues and some related to the opioid crisis.

On a lighter note, I went a for a family walk after a lunch in bricktown and it was busy. The Dave’s hot chicken patio was almost full.

Thread Information