Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tell me about Jason Padgett

Default Tell me about Jason Padgett

It seems mayor Holt drew a competitive looking opponent. Tell us about Jason Padgett.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Tell me about Jason Padgett

He appears to be a moron.

One of his main issues is that OKC was too aggressive in its Covid response, and says he is 'pro freedom':

https://jp4okc.com/the-plan/

He is also a Trump supporter.

I don't think I ever voted in a mayoral election in the almost twenty years of living in Oklahoma City.

This guy motivates me to go vote...for Holt.

Hes against school shutdowns even though mayor has nothing to do with that. Hes for people being able to take whatever medicines they want, as if mayor gets to decide that. The best is hes against business shutdowns and mandates but then says no business activity at the arena when people are cold at their homes. Which is it, Jason? Hes just a covid reactionary candidate that is so white and black that he should never hold any office. Holt has some faults but this guy probably has zero chance.

Looking at his website, I can't imagine why he'd want to get into politics. I can't tell whether someone is a true believer, or just hired some consultants who think this Trumpian angle is the way to go in basically any situation and for any candidate. It worked for Stephanie Bice.

His website says he played football at OU and I couldn't verify that he ever made a roster on Soonerstats.

I don't think he's not intelligent. He started two successful companies. I don't know how connected he is to any local issues because I've never heard of him. His brand seems to be whining about masks, which is on brand and insinuating that Holt has been defunding the police, and the opposite of that is true. Under Holt, we've increased the public safety budget with new, permanent and dedicated funding sources.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Hes against school shutdowns even though mayor has nothing to do with that. Hes for people being able to take whatever medicines they want, as if mayor gets to decide that. The best is hes against business shutdowns and mandates but then says no business activity at the arena when people are cold at their homes. Which is it, Jason? Hes just a covid reactionary candidate that is so white and black that he should never hold any office. Holt has some faults but this guy probably has zero chance.
    I don't like when people run for an office and either don't know what the job is or lazily lie about what the job is.

The Oklahoman reported that Padgett has never voted in a city election.

Didn't stop Kevin Stitt from getting elected.

And just like Stitt, he apparently doesn't know what the job is.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    And just like Stitt, he apparently doesn't know what the job is.
    Which probably means he'll win... Although I'd really hope city voters would keep voting smarter than the rest of the state that elected our current idiot governor.

I don't like when people run for an office and either don't know what the job is or lazily lie about what the job is.
    I still remember a campaign flyer my parents received about 25 years ago or so from the Republican candidate for Lt. Governor promising to lower high gas prices if elected. Even as child I was offended that someone thought the electorate would be dumb enough to think a Lt governor of Oklahoma could single handedly lower global oil prices.

I make it a point not to endorse any candidate but did want to relay something that just happened...

I was taking a long walk through downtown as I do every couple of weeks; just because it's a fun thing to do and I want to make sure I am not missing anything going on in the core.

As I walked north on Hudson near the Norick Libary, I saw Mayor Holt, his wife and two kids waiting at a streetcar stop.

We know each other a bit so I stopped and said hello. He said they had just been to the Crystal Bridge in the Myriad Gardens (this is the last weekend before it closes for quite a while for a big renovation) and also the OKC Museum of Art. They were getting ready to catch the streetcar to OK Contemporary. One attraction was getting ready to close and the other two have only recently reopened.

No matter what you think of Holt (and most people see him positively to start) he walks the walk. He wasn't taking his family all these places for show or a campaign op, he was doing it because they like and care about OKC and that's how he and his family choose to spend a spring Saturday.

Completely unrelated but equally uplifting, I crossed EKG into Bricktown and there was an older couple ('60s I would guess) walking the same way. I asked them if they were visiting from out of town and they said yes, they were staying at the Colcord and were from Nebraska.

I asked if they were headed to dinner and they said they first wanted to grab a beer and then maybe Italian or seafood. By then we were close to Bricktown Brewery so I recommended it and then told them another block to the south, along the canal, were Zio's and Bourban St. Cafe. I highly recommended the latter because I've always loved their setting on the water generally like the food.

They were very grateful for the help and ducked into the brewery. I was half-way tempted to join them so I could make a dozen more suggestions on what they should see while in town, but I also knew I was being a borderline stalker! Haha... It was really a nice encounter and if I ever see people walking downtown who look like they aren't 100% sure where they are going, I always stop and serve as ambassador.

And then a third cool thing... Tons of kids downtown for proms and lots of them in both parks getting photos taken. And there is the pro bull riding thing at the Peake this weekend and lots of people headed in for that. Sure is nice to see people getting back into the swing of things and it all serves to remind me how incredibly far our downtown has come.

He hasn't returned my calls so he's obviously smart.

https://youtu.be/uH9KrfmMKgc

His website says he played football at OU and I couldn't verify that he ever made a roster on Soonerstats.

Website says "...and he went to OU to play football. But after injuries cut his football career short, Jason set out to Nashville" like maybe he was going to try out or something...kind of misleading. Sort of like when Holt gives us the image of a progressive but we all know the reality of what he is.... I know y'all like him and thats fine, I kind of maybe don't care anymore, trying to decide...

Seems kinda weird to be running on a "no mask mandate" when the mask mandate is expiring in a week and half or so.

Everyone I talk to likes Mayor Holt. I think Holt while not completely progressive, has not slid into the more extreme side of Republican politics that has been the main force recently.

I don't honestly know of the last time a mayoral election was close/competitive.

Qanon baby. Holt will get 70% of the vote.

A citywide OKC election is a different beast that a statewide OK election, I want to believe that this city is progressive enough to not fall for a far-right nutcase like this guy and I think I'm probably right that it won't.

Holt will be the mayor as long as he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    A citywide OKC election is a different beast that a statewide OK election, I want to believe that this city is progressive enough to not fall for a far-right nutcase like this guy and I think I'm probably right that it won't.
    Kendra Horn would be our Congressman right now had it not been for the eastern OK and Pott County voters. Hunt has this in the bag. Many moderate Republicans are just embarrassed right now by the DJT wannabes popping up everywhere.

Kendra Horn would be our Congressman right now had it not been for the eastern OK and Pott County voters. Hunt has this in the bag. Many moderate Republicans are just embarrassed right now by the DJT wannabes popping up everywhere.
    bice won north Oklahoma county and south west oklahoma county as well ..

I guess a big question is whether a competitive progressive candidate gets in the race, which might siphon votes off that would otherwise go to Holt by default in a two-way race.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I guess a big question is whether a competitive progressive candidate gets in the race, which might siphon votes off that would otherwise go to Holt by default in a two-way race.
    Jimmy Lawson.

Is there any truth in the rumor that holt was a roommate of Kendra horn when they both lived in DC? Just curious

Thread Information